By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Final Fantasy is getting back on Nintendo platform with a bang (8 FF games annouced for Switch), same games coming to XB1/PS4

So in Direct we just have announced:

-Final Fantasy VII

-Final Fantasy IX

-Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD

-Final Fantasy XII:The Zodiac Age,

-Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles Remastered

-World of Final Fantasy Maxima

-Final Fantasy XV Pocket Edition HD

-Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy

I am so happy about this, I hope they will put some Kingdom Hearts also. :)

Same games coming to XB1 and PS4.

Last edited by Miyamotoo - on 14 September 2018

Around the Network

It finally happened aye? Square releases FFVII on a Nintendo platform. And perhaps on cartridge too. The irony..

Took only 22 years but Final Fantasy 7 will finally come to a Nintendo-plattform. This is a special moment

You forgot about the Chocobo game

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Is that counts like FF game?

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Is that counts like FF game?

I mean ... it's part of the franchise? 

It’s a Final Fantasy avalanche!

I'm glad you put all of that in the OP. The games were firing off so fast in the direct, that I couldn't keep track of them all.

Now I want the deets. Which ones will get physical copies and which will be digital only? I would love to see 7, 9, 10, and 10-2 bundled together on one cart.

I'd rather play this FFVII than the episodic HD Remake they're working on. It's going to be a Final Fantasy kind of year in 2019.

I'm a little salty that I just bought, played and beat the FFX remaster on PS4, but at the same time, I undoubtedly paid half as much for it as SE will charge on Nintendo. Also going to pass on XII since I just beat that recently too.

But VII and IX are yes, so is XV Pocket. WoFF is a maybe. I enjoyed it on Vita, but it was clearly a crippled version compared to the PS4 release, so I might double dip on Switch.

Rather wish they pushed XIII too, but oh well.