By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Spider-Man Crushing God Of War In Some Regions

dexterlablab1 said:
Qwark said:
Pretty impressive but God of War also has great legs, it can still be found in or near the top 10 worldwide. For everyone claiming this is about market appeal. Batman is more popular than Spiderman yet the Arkham games never did these kind of numbers. Sony marketed the shit out of this and it paid off,because the game looks great and plays great. Sure it helped that Spidey is the protagonist. Although I doubt it will outsell GOW in the long run.

Actually, that's not true. Batman is considered more iconic than Spider-man. But he's not more popular. Superman is considered most iconic, with Batman being the second. And Spider-man being the third.

As for more popular, for every one Batman item that gets sold, almost 10 Spider-Man products get sold. So Spider-man is the more popular character. To go even further, Spider-man is the most profitable superhero on the planet.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/spider-man-is-worlds-most-profitable-superhero-and-its-not-even-close-a111109

Wow, the power of the kids I guess. What I take out of this is pretty much, whatever product you create IF it appeals to the children market than BAM you have a winner. The Lion King is also HUGE in this department.

Batman and Superman are too cool but SPidey has this image that is more kid friendly, I guess. And let's face it, $$$ don't lie.

I NEVER see a grown adult in public wearing a spiderman t-shirt. But how many...and REPEAT....how many times do I see someone sporting a batman t-shirt and ESPECIALLY a superman t-shirt??? I could see one of those 2-3 times a day when walking around lol in the summer. No one wears the SPiderman logo.

But see? As far as toys, pillows or bed sheets....you name it. Spiderman will do the numbers in these "kids" categories.

Around the Network
StreaK said:
dexterlablab1 said:

Actually, that's not true. Batman is considered more iconic than Spider-man. But he's not more popular. Superman is considered most iconic, with Batman being the second. And Spider-man being the third.

As for more popular, for every one Batman item that gets sold, almost 10 Spider-Man products get sold. So Spider-man is the more popular character. To go even further, Spider-man is the most profitable superhero on the planet.

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man/spider-man-is-worlds-most-profitable-superhero-and-its-not-even-close-a111109

Wow, the power of the kids I guess. What I take out of this is pretty much, whatever product you create IF it appeals to the children market than BAM you have a winner. The Lion King is also HUGE in this department.

Batman and Superman are too cool but SPidey has this image that is more kid friendly, I guess. And let's face it, $$$ don't lie.

I NEVER see a grown adult in public wearing a spiderman t-shirt. But how many...and REPEAT....how many times do I see someone sporting a batman t-shirt and ESPECIALLY a superman t-shirt??? I could see one of those 2-3 times a day when walking around lol in the summer. No one wears the SPiderman logo.

But see? As far as toys, pillows or bed sheets....you name it. Spiderman will do the numbers in these "kids" categories.

Not sure, I do have batman and spidey outfits, don't care about superman.

Perhaps people want to think of themselves more seriously than Spidey.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

StreaK said:
dexterlablab1 said:

I agree, I see Batman and Superman much more than Spider.

I do have Batman and Superman stuff, I myself couldn't care less about Spider.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?