By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Did Not Learn Anything from the Wii U's Failure.

jason1637 said:
SKMBlake said:

There were also Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad and Kirby Star Allies. They've released one game per month since february:

February: Bayonetta 2
Marche: Kirby
April: Labo
May: Donkey Kong
June: Mario Tennis Aces
July: Captain Toad

And for the rest of the year:

October: Super Mario Party
November: Pokémon Let's Go
December: Super Smash Bros
January: New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

4/10 i have played on Wii U

1/10 games is a cardboard game

1/10 games is a mario party game and the series have sucked lately.

So there are only 4 real good games there and Kirby and Mario got mixed reviews so only 2/10 games might be good.

So how your point of view on games become "Nintendo learned nothing from the Wii U's failure" ? That doesn't make any sense.

Around the Network

Mar1217 said:
jason1637 said:

So there are only 4 real good games there and Kirby and Mario got mixed reviews so only 2/10 games might be good.

Not as if everything that has been shown and tested by people has received great feedback. The game is basically a return to OG MP + other additions with a true Coop mode + competitive online for the minigames.

Your take really comes out not being genuine at all, only for the sake of controversy.

If the game ends up being good when it comes out that's great but based on the series history my hopes are not that high.

SKMBlake said:
jason1637 said:

So how your point of view on games become "Nintendo learned nothing from the Wii U's failure" ? That doesn't make any sense.

The droughts. Ever since Mario Odyssey there has been a lack of new interesting Switch game

jason1637 said:
Ljink96 said:

Okay, I don't think that logic is sound. It is not a similar amount of games. Switch software is selling very well, it's getting Wii U ports, on top of new games. I don't see how this can be portrayed in a negative light unless you don't like Nintendo and Japanese gaming which yeah, Switch is mostly focused on. The software that Switch has gotten and is getting blows the Wii U out of the water. 

Wii U didn't get any Final Fantasy games that mattered, no real 3D Sandbox Mario Game, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, and Switch versions of Wii U games are outselling the Wii U versions. It factually can't be worse than the Wii U. This is a direct in September, Nintendo isn't going to show their whole hand in one direct. The shear amount of games shown in this direct is more than enough to sell tons of software and hardware. Gamefreak's new RPG, Pokemon, Smash, Yoshi, all before the second year is up. 2019 is already shaping up quite well.

If you're a western gaming fan, you probably are not a fan of this direct and in all honesty...you should own a PS4 or Xbox. Switch is not getting most western PS4 and XBox Games. I mean, what do you think would have made the direct better?

"Switch software is selling very well, it's getting Wii U ports, on top of new games. I don't see how this can be portrayed in a negative light unless you don't like Nintendo and Japanese gaming which yeah, Switch is mostly focused on. The software that Switch has gotten and is getting blows the Wii U out of the water. "

I have every Nintendo console and handled from the N64 so i do like there games. I like some Japanese games. Nintendo needs to stop with the Wii U ports. I already own a Wii U and if you wanted to play Wii U games you should have bought one. The Switch lineup is not blowing the Wii U out of the water. A lot of the Nintendo games on the switch are on the wii u which is sad.
"Wii U didn't get any Final Fantasy games that mattered, no real 3D Sandbox Mario Game, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, and Switch versions of Wii U games are outselling the Wii U versions. It factually can't be worse than the Wii U."
Getting FF games from 10 years ago dont count as games that matter. Sandbox does not matter to me, Mario 3D World is a fantastic game. Im hyped for LM and AC so thats good and the games are selling better because there is a lack of games to buy on the switch.
"The shear amount of games shown in this direct is more than enough to sell tons of software and hardware. Gamefreak's new RPG, Pokemon, Smash, Yoshi, all before the second year is up. 2019 is already shaping up quite well."
Switch 2019 lineup right now is a remastered Mario game, new Yoshi game which is cool but not my thing, a new gamefreak IP but there last new IP flopped, Animal crossing and LM which is cool and a bunch of indies. That lineup sucks.

No, no, no...

2019's lineup is so far

Pokemon Gen 8, Animal Crossing, Super Mario Deluxe, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 3, Yoshi's Crafted World, Final Fantasy Legacy Games, Gamefreak's new IP, etc. Just basing if you're excited for a new game based on the fact that Gamefreak's old IP flopped is kind of strange.

Here's the thing, I think you're entitled to your opinion but there's tons of games that speak to different kinds of Nintendo fans and gaming fans in general. Switch software sales as of June 30th are only 20M behind Wii U and it isn't even 2 years old yet. You can feel how you want, that's a right that everyone has. But objectively here, Switch software is pleasing a lot more fans than the Wii U did. Switch has already outsold the Wii U. 

My advice, just chill. If you're a Nintendo fan, you really are covered and of course, this is not Nintendo's lineup in full. We still have TGS and the Game Awards which Nintendo will use as avenues to announce bigger titles. Again I pass the question to you, what would you like to see? FFXII the Zodiac age is not a 10 year old game, it came out recently on PS4. Same for World of Final Fantasy. Crystal Chronicles Remastered isn't even out yet. Chocobo's dungeon HD isn't out yet, TWENTY, etc. It has FIFA, Starlink, Civ VI, 

The way Switch is selling without Nintendo's biggest properties, for you to think it'll fall off a cliff...is mind boggling I have to tell you.

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 13 September 2018

There hasn't been a drought at all for non-Wii U owners. The Wii U was such a flop that the games being ported to Switch are basically new releases for most people. I can see why someone who had all the games on Wii U would be annoyed, but that's not the majority.

Around the Network
jason1637 said:

SKMBlake said:

The droughts. Ever since Mario Odyssey there has been a lack of new interesting Switch game

There is no droughts, I showed you exactly how Nintendo managed to release a game every month. And I don't even mention 3rd party titles.

And we basically learned that there will be at least 8 big Switch exclusives for next year, that's huge. So no, not the same mistakes like the Wii U era.

Last edited by AJNShelton - on 13 September 2018

Someone is attention seeking lol

Stay fresh !

If there is anything bad right now about the Switch that will come back around to bite, it's the lack of a dedicated offline save option. I'm going to hold out on buying a Switch until they do give us one. If not.....then I might not get one.

Lube Me Up