By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Did Not Learn Anything from the Wii U's Failure.

Yeah this year has been pretty mediocre but next year will be better

Around the Network
jason1637 said:
Ljink96 said:
lol, good one. Wait...you're serious aren't you?

I am. There are only a handful of interesting games coming out to the switch. If we count the amount of Nintendo games coming this year and compare it to one of the main Wii U years it will be a similar amount of games.

Okay, I don't think that logic is sound. It is not a similar amount of games. Switch software is selling very well, it's getting Wii U ports, on top of new games. I don't see how this can be portrayed in a negative light unless you don't like Nintendo and Japanese gaming which yeah, Switch is mostly focused on. The software that Switch has gotten and is getting blows the Wii U out of the water. 

Wii U didn't get any Final Fantasy games that mattered, no real 3D Sandbox Mario Game, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, and Switch versions of Wii U games are outselling the Wii U versions. It factually can't be worse than the Wii U. This is a direct in September, Nintendo isn't going to show their whole hand in one direct. The shear amount of games shown in this direct is more than enough to sell tons of software and hardware. Gamefreak's new RPG, Pokemon, Smash, Yoshi, all before the second year is up. 2019 is already shaping up quite well.

If you're a western gaming fan, you probably are not a fan of this direct and in all honesty...you should own a PS4 or Xbox. Switch is not getting most western PS4 and XBox Games. I mean, what do you think would have made the direct better?

I see theres a new Patcher in Town.....

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Preach Jason, keep delivering those hot takes no one else dares to say.

jason1637 said:
pikashoe said:

I've bought over 20 this year. 

There have not been 20 Nintendo games to come out on the switch this year. There wad Donkey Kong (a remaster),Labo (a cardboard game), and Mario Aces.

There were also Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad and Kirby Star Allies. They've released one game per month since february:

February: Bayonetta 2
Marche: Kirby
April: Labo
May: Donkey Kong
June: Mario Tennis Aces
July: Captain Toad

And for the rest of the year:

October: Super Mario Party
November: Pokémon Let's Go
December: Super Smash Bros
January: New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

Around the Network

I can't take anything serious with that avatar. Maybe that's by design.

Nintendo has learned plenty. I honestly couldn't believe some of the stuff I was seeing in that Direct. This is not the same Nintendo from the Wii era.

jason1637 said:

I think that the Switch might be even worse than the Wii U

You say as we get a direct featuring many mainline games from franchises that weren't on Wii U. But whatever, obvious bait thread is obvious!

Ljink96 said:
jason1637 said:

I am. There are only a handful of interesting games coming out to the switch. If we count the amount of Nintendo games coming this year and compare it to one of the main Wii U years it will be a similar amount of games.

Okay, I don't think that logic is sound. It is not a similar amount of games. Switch software is selling very well, it's getting Wii U ports, on top of new games. I don't see how this can be portrayed in a negative light unless you don't like Nintendo and Japanese gaming which yeah, Switch is mostly focused on. The software that Switch has gotten and is getting blows the Wii U out of the water. 

Wii U didn't get any Final Fantasy games that mattered, no real 3D Sandbox Mario Game, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, and Switch versions of Wii U games are outselling the Wii U versions. It factually can't be worse than the Wii U. This is a direct in September, Nintendo isn't going to show their whole hand in one direct. The shear amount of games shown in this direct is more than enough to sell tons of software and hardware. Gamefreak's new RPG, Pokemon, Smash, Yoshi, all before the second year is up. 2019 is already shaping up quite well.

If you're a western gaming fan, you probably are not a fan of this direct and in all honesty...you should own a PS4 or Xbox. Switch is not getting most western PS4 and XBox Games. I mean, what do you think would have made the direct better?

"Switch software is selling very well, it's getting Wii U ports, on top of new games. I don't see how this can be portrayed in a negative light unless you don't like Nintendo and Japanese gaming which yeah, Switch is mostly focused on. The software that Switch has gotten and is getting blows the Wii U out of the water. "

I have every Nintendo console and handled from the N64 so i do like there games. I like some Japanese games. Nintendo needs to stop with the Wii U ports. I already own a Wii U and if you wanted to play Wii U games you should have bought one. The Switch lineup is not blowing the Wii U out of the water. A lot of the Nintendo games on the switch are on the wii u which is sad.
"Wii U didn't get any Final Fantasy games that mattered, no real 3D Sandbox Mario Game, Luigi's Mansion, Animal Crossing, and Switch versions of Wii U games are outselling the Wii U versions. It factually can't be worse than the Wii U."
Getting FF games from 10 years ago dont count as games that matter. Sandbox does not matter to me, Mario 3D World is a fantastic game. Im hyped for LM and AC so thats good and the games are selling better because there is a lack of games to buy on the switch.
"The shear amount of games shown in this direct is more than enough to sell tons of software and hardware. Gamefreak's new RPG, Pokemon, Smash, Yoshi, all before the second year is up. 2019 is already shaping up quite well."
Switch 2019 lineup right now is a remastered Mario game, new Yoshi game which is cool but not my thing, a new gamefreak IP but there last new IP flopped, Animal crossing and LM which is cool and a bunch of indies. That lineup sucks.

SKMBlake said:
jason1637 said:

There have not been 20 Nintendo games to come out on the switch this year. There wad Donkey Kong (a remaster),Labo (a cardboard game), and Mario Aces.

There were also Bayonetta 2, Captain Toad and Kirby Star Allies. They've released one game per month since february:

February: Bayonetta 2
Marche: Kirby
April: Labo
May: Donkey Kong
June: Mario Tennis Aces
July: Captain Toad

And for the rest of the year:

October: Super Mario Party
November: Pokémon Let's Go
December: Super Smash Bros
January: New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe

4/10 i have played on Wii U

1/10 games is a cardboard game

1/10 games is a mario party game and the series have sucked lately.

So there are only 4 real good games there and Kirby and Mario got mixed reviews so only 2/10 games might be good.