By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Did Not Learn Anything from the Wii U's Failure.

It was one thing that Bieber has been an incredibly terrible element of music and film, now you have to bring him into gaming forums too?
Why do you have to ruin nice things?

Around the Network

Jason, you're quite alone on this. The Direct was great and has created more buzz than Wii U ever had.

Snoorlax said:
How many PS4 players don't get excited to pay 60$ for Shadow of the Colossus for the 3rd time? I don't see you complain about PS4's insane library of ports and remasters.

Shadow of the Colossus Remake launched at $40.

Besides, are you actually comparing a port of Final Fantasy VII to one of the most well regarded remakes? Don't fight trolling with trolling.

Eh, I give this thread a 4.5/10.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Ahh.. another Attention seeker in our midst

The WiiU was terrible idea from its name to the hardware. The WiiU sounded like an add on to the Wii than an actual new console. Nintendo also tried to pull the same stunt of selling last gen Hardware for a high price that they got away with the original Wii. Lighting didn't strike twice, coming out  a year before the PS4 and the XB One with a machine that tech wise belonged back in 2005-06 was sheer stubborness.

The tablet pad device was an extremely weird choice since it drove the WiiUs price to an unattractive sum, and basically Nintendo never made a game that fully used the pad device to any innovative length, Star Fox was a letdown. 

Nintendo was very clear and aggressive with the Switch's marketing. It was clear it was a hybrid console portable machine from the very beginning. The hardware while still a behind the base PS4 and XB One does a better job at closing that gap than the WiiU ever did (Odyssey at glorious 900p could pass for an XB One game) and because it is a portable it still claimed the most powerful portable gaming machine ever marketing tag thus justifying the price tag. The WiiU didn't release with a killer app, but the Switch had BotW which effectively had the same effect TP had a decade prior on the Wii ( Beloved Franchise new entry, high metacritic scores, "Greatest Zelda of all time" buzz from a lot of critics) it was a must have game for a cool new device. 

Nintendo pretty much pulled out of the home console business and released a successor to the 3DS without telling anyone, thus effectively consolidating their efforts to one system. I would say that they did learn from their mistakes ....sales don't lie.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
jason1637 said:

I never said that. I think Switch will sell 60-90m

"Jason 03/19/2018

If Nintendo reacts I think they will be able to improve sales but if they don't do anything I see switch doing 16-25m lifetime

Especially with the lackluster lineup this year

They're only big game is Smash"

I was wrong in one sense it was not February when he made such a statement it was said in March and back in March, switch would have already passed 16 million mark. 

Oh i must have forgot i said that. Well i don't think Switch will sell that low anymore.

Green098 said:

Imo, Switch in less than 2 years has an already better announced library of any prior Nintendo console. Maybe you shouldn't of bought a Switch if you don't like Nintendo consoles and their games.

Think you need to take a hard hard reflection on what the Wii U days were really like. It would of been lucky to have a year as good as Switch's worst year.

Wii U 2014 and 2015 were better than what Switch 2018 and 2019 are shaping up to be.

jason1637 said:
Acevil said:

"Jason 03/19/2018

If Nintendo reacts I think they will be able to improve sales but if they don't do anything I see switch doing 16-25m lifetime

Especially with the lackluster lineup this year

They're only big game is Smash"

I was wrong in one sense it was not February when he made such a statement it was said in March and back in March, switch would have already passed 16 million mark. 

Oh i must have forgot i said that. Well i don't think Switch will sell that low anymore.

Guess Nintendo isn't the only one who doesn't learn from their failures.

No way OP isn't a troll. Just based on that Direct and what we already know about 2019 next year ALREADY is a better year than this year. And we've got many many months of game announcements for next year to go. 2018 was obviously the slow year for the Switch, and now that they've had a year to focus on making a bunch more hits Switch seems to be ready to totally rock 2019. Switch is going to absolutely dominate software sales next year, and Japan sales are just gonna be insane - FF games, DQXI I'm sure, Pokemon, AC, and Smash and Let's Go having just come out. It's gonna be hard for any non-Switch game outside of it's launch window to crack the global weekly top 10 in sales next year.

There's already a bunch of great games on Switch despite the slow 2018, but wow 2019 looks to be jam packed! Any chance of me being able to catch up on some of the games I've missed so far just went out the window. Hell I could be very happy all next year with just Pokemon, Metroid, FF7, and a couple of the indies I've already missed.

this thread is pointless. of course Nintendo havent learned anything because they dont release games that YOU care about. Damn, now they are doomed because you obviously represent the totality of the gaming community, and any game that you dont like isnt worth anything.

i got south park this year and i liked it, i got bayoneta 2 because i missed it on WiiU, i got nintendo labo mainly for my kids, but i had a great time building the things with them, i got megaman X collecton because i didnt played half of them, and the half i have play i enjoyed very much, but i dont own them, i got octopath traveler because it's a very good game, i'm looking to buy Wolfeinstein 2, and diablo 3 because i havent tried it before even if it's an old game. i want to play smash, starlink look very good, mario tenis is great but i havent bought it yet. that's for 2018

in 2019 i will play maybe animal crossing, i never played it, but i heard it's addictive, doom eternal, daemon x machina, luigi mansion 3, i'm looking for the final fantasy games because i havent played them that much because i didnt had a ps2 back when they got released, we can expect to get metroid 4, bayonetta 3, and we are still three month before 2019...

Last edited by Marach - on 14 September 2018