By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - City Skylines is available today on Nintendo Switch

The footage is extremely rough. The more games the better though.

Around the Network

Even though it's hideous I am surprised they were able to port it. The game is very CPU-heavy on PC and it seemed as if they struggled to port it to XBO/PS4.

I'm interested in this game, though I'd lke to know whether it has some sort of missions or if it is just a free experience. Also, the performance compared to the PC.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

it could be sim city 2000 for all i care, love this game on xbox and PC, I am so getting this for switch.

Visual representation is extremely soft with some judder in the framerates.

But still an impressive feat, it's a great game, with fantastic developers who have supported it over the years.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

Didn't expect to see this at the ND, a nice little surprise. You can see the cutbacks they've had to do for it to fit, but nice that they have accomplished it.

Give us that much needed feedback on the game's performance Chris.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

'Both expansions' sounds like two expansions have been released and both are included. There are, in fact, many more expansions, but it sounds like they're missing from this release. The Switch edition includes only the first two expansions.

I've really wanted this on Switch as well. I was gonna buy it day one, but it's $50 here in Canada. Pretty pricey. I've also been hearing that there's some frame rate issues during the late game. The developer did confirm they're going to patch it, though. I'm thinking of waiting until there's a sale, or until they fix the frame rate issues.

Honestly, right now i'm having a hard time deciding if I should buy this immediately, or double-dip on Undertale in the meantime.

cycycychris said:
TomaTito said:

Didn't expect to see this at the ND, a nice little surprise. You can see the cutbacks they've had to do for it to fit, but nice that they have accomplished it.

Give us that much needed feedback on the game's performance Chris.

I'm around 10k residents now and I must say, the performance in the trailer doesn't represent the game so far. There are some drops, mostly if you zoom in too quick, but largely the game runs fine. Who know what will happen when i get 100k people. But i made a bad first town set up so I'll try it again after my test. Also, the graphics look more crisp when played than in this trailer.

overall, I'd recommend it so far.

How is it in handheld mode? 

cycycychris said:
p0isonparadise said:

How is it in handheld mode? 

There is no touch screen controls is handheld mode. Its a bit blurry looking but frame rate is pretty solid so far in handheld mod (some drops here and there). Takes a bit more zooming for textures to fully load. Nothing to really complain about so far in my opinion, but I can't speak for what happens with a full map.

Good to know, thanks.