By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Luigi's Mansion 3 announced for Switch, coming 2019

PwerlvlAmy said:
I was talking so much shit when it started. ''Oh the damn 3DS game, who gives a crap'' then I was like wait what? WHAT!? xD

Felt the same, minus the talking shit part, I was like, why wouldn't Nintendo bring this on the Switch? Then I was like, wow it looks clean for a 3DS game, then I got glimpse in the description box where they put a timeline and saw Luigi's Mansion "3" on there, and then I had that last reaction you had lol.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

It looks a bit bland, but hopefully they will polish it up a lot more.

xMetroid said:
OMG YES !!!

2019 is going to be absolutely bunkers for Switch around the world :

-Luigi Mansion 3
-NSMBU deluxe
-Yoshi
-Mainline Animal Crossing
-Mainline Pokémon
-DxM
-Town

assuming :

-Bayo 3
-MP4

and there will for sure be more games from third party devs like exclusives from Square and Ubisoft.

You forgot Fire Emblem, but yeah, next year is going to be amazing for Switch owners!

I wonder who is developing, Next Level again? Or maybe a different studio?

KLXVER said:

Well, it'll likely be an October 2019 release, so another 13 months still to polish the graphics. 

KLXVER said:

Wouldn't worry about that, I mean, when it comes to Nintendo, they almost always put these small details in a game.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network

So hyped for this! Been hoping for this announcement. 2019 instantly got better!

Mar1217 said:
KLXVER said:

Like usual. Yoshi just got upgraded from it's initial reveal. Same will be applied to Luigi

Yeah, same thing was for Odyssey and Kirby, I mean we could say same thing for almost any Nintendo game that wasn't announced only few months before launch.

Luigi's Mansion should be a really good fit for the Switch hardware.

Using the gyro to aim the torch could work really well, and HD rumble could be used to simulate not only the vibration of the Poltergust but also the feeling of stuff like coins being sucked up into it or ghosts struggling to break free.

Being their usual selves, Gamexplain managed to get half an hour worth of analysis out of the 30 second trailer

Really pleased about this. No confirmation if it's Next Level or EPD, but Next Level did decide to go Nintendo exclusive after the success of Luigi's Mansion 2 and haven't released a game for 2 years - assuming this is out in the second half of 2019, Next Level would have had three years to make it.

I thought the game footage looked really good - I initially thought it was a CG scene for Luigi's Mansion on 3DS.