By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Spiderman Creative Director, Bryan Intihar has a message for those complaining about Spiderman exclusivity.

KLXVER said:
Runa216 said:
You know what might have been easier? Something like 'Geez, half of Nintendo's games have MArio in them!"

Mario Kart
Smash Brothers
Mario + Rabbids
Mario Odyssey

Like those four alone will all be massive sellers and within the system's top 10 by year end. All of em have mario in them, don't they?

Yes and all of them are very different genres...

But they all have similar tones and aesthetics. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Around the Network
Runa216 said:
KLXVER said:

Yes and all of them are very different genres...

But they all have similar tones and aesthetics. 

Yes they do.

How about new IPs? How many new IPs has Sony added this gen?

Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
Knack
The last guardian
The Last of US (not sure if this counts since it was technically at the end of last gen)
Nioh
The Order 1886

How many new IPs has Microsoft had?

Sunset Overdrive
ReCore
TitanFall? (Not sure if this counts since the sequel was also on PS4

How many new IPs has Nintendo made?

Arms
1, 2 Switch
Octopath Traveler

And many of these games are third party, so I'm not even sure if they count.

Point is, Sony is willing to diversify a whole lot more. You can argue about the matter of degree or disparity between them but it's true. 100% true. Stop arguing to the contrary because you are wrong.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
How about new IPs? How many new IPs has Sony added this gen?

Bloodborne
Horizon Zero Dawn
Knack
The last guardian
The Last of US (not sure if this counts since it was technically at the end of last gen)
Nioh
The Order 1886

How many new IPs has Microsoft had?

Sunset Overdrive
ReCore
TitanFall? (Not sure if this counts since the sequel was also on PS4

How many new IPs has Nintendo made?

Arms
1, 2 Switch
Octopath Traveler

And many of these games are third party, so I'm not even sure if they count.

Point is, Sony is willing to diversify a whole lot more. You can argue about the matter of degree or disparity between them but it's true. 100% true. Stop arguing to the contrary because you are wrong.

Ok. Sony makes more big new IPs in different genres. We all know that already...

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Thats awesome,but kinda funny that Sony gets praised for ''it wouldnt exist without playstation'' but when Nintendo made Bayo exclusive because 2 and 3 wouldnt exist without Nintendo, its trashed and looked down on, huh.

Either way, this is a good thing at the end of the day, high quality game for us. I gotta get back on it, my backlog between Spider-Man,DQXI is backing up quickly.

No One trashed bayonetta, the ONLY thing pissing people off was the exclusivity of a previous multiplatform because people loves the IP, i dont know what fóruns do you read to post coments like these  

I read it on here, so yeah lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:
Thats awesome,but kinda funny that Sony gets praised for ''it wouldnt exist without playstation'' but when Nintendo made Bayo exclusive because 2 and 3 wouldnt exist without Nintendo, its trashed and looked down on, huh.

Either way, this is a good thing at the end of the day, high quality game for us. I gotta get back on it, my backlog between Spider-Man,DQXI is backing up quickly.

It is a good thing.

However, the reason we're getting this quote from the game's Creative Director is likely because people trashed the exclusivity of this game to Sony's console. So it really isn't any different than what you're talking about with Nintendo and the Bayoneta franchise.

The praise being quoted is directly from the guy that worked on it, not the fans (though I am certain plenty of fans have supported this game with praise...and so have Nintendo fans with Bayonetta 2). The trash talk would be from fans of the franchise who don't own a PS4 just like when the non-Wii-U owners complained about Bayonetta 2, so that first sentence comparing the two situations and implying some double standard with the words "but when" doesn't make much sense.

KLXVER said:
Runa216 said:

Can you even read my signature? I have everything, but the reason I never PLAY the Xbox is that it doesn't have much in terms of variety (shooters and racers galore, as far as exclusives are concerned.) And Nintendo is almost all family friendly stuff. I have nearly 40 Switch games, and outside of Skyrim and Bayonetta, they're all family friendly or retro inspired. (Bayonetta is the only rated M exclusive) 

Again its about what YOU own. Not what is actually available on the systems. Just like when people say Sony only makes linear story driven interactive "movies" instead of actual games. Its all in the eye of the beholder.

Why are you avoiding the issue? Name those SWITCH exclusives that are gritty and aimed at adults. Just because adults can enoy playing them doesn't make them gritty.

What SWITCH exclusives are similar to God of War, Uncharted, Killzone, Detroit Become Human,...? Almost all SWITCH exclusives even have same kind of art style. Or do they have the same variety in their art style as Uncharted - Ratchet&Clanck?

"All SONY exclusives are linear interactive movies." is an idiotic statatement that can be easily proven false, because open world games can't be linear and only a couple of them are interactive movies.

But "Almost all SWITCH exclusives are family friendly." is not an idiotic statement. Or make atleast better argument than "It's not true".

Even if you count 3rd party games you get two FPS games, Skyrim, LA Noire and few sports games. And two of those are over 5 years old.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

Literary no one is complaining

RolStoppable said:
Runa216 said:

IT's not that at all. I'm saying that, when you look at the exclusive lists and what sells on each console (Just check out the sales charts here on VGC), I'm right. There is no matter of arguing, the best selling and highest reviewed Nintendo games are all family friendly and/or platformers. The best selling exclusives on Xbox are all shooters and racing games (With a hint of some RPGs back when Fable was still a thing). But with Sony, you get stuff all across the board from action/adventure shooters (Uncharted) to mythological action fantasy (God of War), to cartoony platformers (Ratchet & Clank), to Open World Post Apocalyptic dino robot adventures (Horizon: Zero Dawn), to gritty fantasy games (Bloodborne), to atmospheric boss puzzle games (Shadow of the Colossus), to Victorian fantasy steampunk shooters (The Order 1886), to Fantasy puzzle games (The Last Guardian), to Zombie Survival (The LAst of Us), to Superhero games (inFamous and Spider-Man), to FPS titles (Killzone), to toony side-scrolling level-building platformers (LittlebigPlanet 3), to Racing titles (Gran turismo), and so many things in between. 

Not all of these games were huge successes, not all of them were critical darlings, but they all were somewhere different on the spectrum of genres and maturity ratings. In there you have everything from E-M, and I don't see that trend changing. 

Personally, I think Nintendo has the BEST exclusives (I've played more Zelda, Mario Odyssey, and Octopath Traveler in the past year and a half than any other games and I have no doubt Smash will hold my attention for thousands of hours), but Sony's lineup is far more diverse. 

Some people need to stop looking to make everything tribalistic. Videogames aren't a zero-sum experience. Liking one thing doesn't mean I can't also like other things. I'm looking at this purely from an objective position. And while I don't personally care much for Halo/Gears/Forza, you can't convince me that's not the crux of Microsoft's exclusive lineup. They're all good games that sell well, just not for me, personally. My opinion is irrelevant on the matter, but don't try to pretend that's not the image that Xbox has cultivated. 

Your fundamental error is that you break down Sony's games to the smallest of subcategories while you lump Nintendo's game output into the very broad category of family-friendly. Such a point of view isn't even remotely close to an objective position.

You make the same mistake with Xbox.

Why are you avoiding the issue? Name those SWITCH exclusives that are gritty and aimed at adults. Just because adults can enoy playing them doesn't make them gritty.

What SWITCH exclusives are similar to God of War, Uncharted, Killzone, Detroit Become Human,...? Almost all SWITCH exclusives even have same kind of art style. Or do they have the same variety in their art style as Uncharted - Ratchet&Clanck?

"All SONY exclusives are linear interactive movies." is an idiotic statatement that can be easily proven false, because open world games can't be linear and only a couple of them are interactive movies.

But "Almost all SWITCH exclusives are family friendly." is not an idiotic statement. Or make atleast better argument than "It's not true".

Even if you count 3rd party games you get two FPS games, Skyrim, LA Noire and few sports games. And two of those are over 5 years old.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

it was the same story with Bayonetta 2 being a Nintendo exclusive