By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do people hate Anita Sarkeesian so much?

What do you think about Anita Sarkeesian?

l like her 3 5.00%

I don't like her, but I d... 7 11.67%

I dislike her 50 83.33%

Total:60

She is just a scam artist making money from other people fears and insecurities.

Around the Network
ResidentToxy said:
thismeintiel said:
The truth is, she is a scam artist. You can find videos pointing this out. From being in a vid promoting a scam artist showing others how to scam people to admitting in another video that she's actually not a gamer and had to do a lot of research to start bitching about the "wahman hate" in video games. But, SJWs eat this shit up, so they promote her and pay her rent through Patreon. All this makes it even more pathetic when you actually see real game devs come out and support her and giver her BS awards. Personally, I'm trying to make it a point not to support any dev who supports her, which is why I will not be buying TLOU2.

Interesting. What is an SJW? I am curious about what your definition of someone who blindly follows her videos is. 

Something tells me you already know the answer.  But, I'll humor you, I suppose.  A SJW is someone who constantly plays identity politics.  They claim they are for equality, are openminded to other's views, and see no color/sex.  The truth is that is the only lens that they see the world through.  They want to shut up anyone who disagrees with them, even if sometimes it has to be through violence (though, they prefer growing the size of government so they can handle it),  and knock down anyone they believe is part of the "ruling class," while artificially pushing up those they feel are a minority. 

Of course, there are different reasons they constantly push this agenda.  There are some that just want to force their Leftist views on the world through any means necessary, and they feel identity politics may help them do so.  You have some who use it for fame and fortune, like Anita, who I seriously doubt believes half the crap she says.  The worst have to be the politicians, who do it for money and power.  They don't really care about these peons, but if they'll continue to send them money and vote for them, while it possibly giving them a method of shutting up their political opponents, they'll throw them a bone every once and awhile.

In short, there is no actual justice, social or otherwise, when it comes to SJWs.

Because she is con artists and opportunists who acutally did not play games unitl she saw opportunity to cash in on them and radical anti-men ideas that were gaining traction in social justice circles.
As you said, you are 5 years late, it's waste of time to go and search for all the shit she said, and all the ways she twisted certain things in games to suit her agenda.

I rememeber when she started doing her videos, there was this girl who among the first replied to her with her own video, that is actually of better quality and has more content then Anita's - if you happen to bump into it, do watch it, it was about Zelda and lot of other things.

Anyway, Anita is pure vitriol, better don't waste your time with whole thing.

thismeintiel said:
ResidentToxy said:

Interesting. What is an SJW? I am curious about what your definition of someone who blindly follows her videos is. 

Something tells me you already know the answer.  But, I'll humor you, I suppose.  A SJW is someone who constantly plays identity politics.  They claim they are for equality, are openminded to other's views, and see no color/sex.  The truth is that is the only lens that they see the world through.  They want to shut up anyone who disagrees with them, even if sometimes it has to be through violence (though, they prefer growing the size of government so they can handle it),  and knock down anyone they believe is part of the "ruling class," while artificially pushing up those they feel are a minority. 

Of course, there are different reasons they constantly push this agenda.  There are some that just want to force their Leftist views on the world through any means necessary, and they feel identity politics may help them do so.  You have some who use it for fame and fortune, like Anita, who I seriously doubt believes half the crap she says.  The worst have to be the politicians, who do it for money and power.  They don't really care about these peons, but if they'll continue to send them money and vote for them, while it possibly giving them a method of shutting up their political opponents, they'll throw them a bone every once and awhile.

In short, there is no actual justice, social or otherwise, when it comes to SJWs.

So in other words your definition of a SJW is someone that is oppressive. Someone who wants to expand government. Someone who artificially gives power to those that they deem as being a minority. Some of them do it for fame and fortune. Some are politicians who do it for money and power (isn't money the same as fortune?) 

Is there anything wrong with their leftist views that you mentioned, or is it the way that they are handling said views? You didn't specify exactly what their leftist views are, unless you are referring to the definition above. 
You critique of SJW politicians could also be applied to - well any politician really. How many politicians can you think of that are not corrupt and in it for power?

There are actual Youtube videos that are titled the same way that OP titled his post, maybe watch those :D
She's disingenuous, toxic and there's even a case to be made that she's a scam artist. She has raised way more money than she actually has put into the making of her videos.

Around the Network
Flilix said:

A quick Google search:

YIKES.

the Iwata part is funny.

People aren't going to like you when your attitude "hey sexist bigots, i'm going to change what you love now and everything you say againt me is harassment". Also the lying( for example Hitman) and when she asked for 35000 to start a free Discord-server

I don't feel anything towards her one way or another. She herself doesn't halt my gaming at all. Sure I don't agree with ALL she represents, but she does have points that shouldn't be brushed off. I'm speaking towards her past comments from a couple of years ago.

PSN ID- RayCrocheron82

XBL Gamertag- RAFIE82

NNID- RAFIE82/ Friend Code: SW-6006-2580-8237

YouTube- Rafie Crocheron

Her videos are average but not terrible.

The complaints against the videos themselves are more technical (she cherry picks unrepresentative data, she doesn't provide good evidence for her claims, she flat-out misrepresents some games in order to try and make a point).

The larger hate for her is how she acts and treats people. She's a closed minded intellectual bully who has never interacted with her critics at all. If anyone disagrees she simply claims they're "inciting harassment" towards her. On one occassion she put the faces of a series of youtubers up on her twitter and says "these guys are organising harassment of me" with absolutely zero evidence to support her claim (at least 2 of them have explicitly told their audiences never to contact or insult her)