By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do people hate Anita Sarkeesian so much?

What do you think about Anita Sarkeesian?

l like her 3 5.00%

I don't like her, but I d... 7 11.67%

I dislike her 50 83.33%

Total:60
RolStoppable said:
COKTOE said:

That's a thing in GTA? I'm sorry, but I've never heard of that before. 

Of course that is a thing. It's basic knowledge and not just among gamers.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/video-games/10312274/Grand-Theft-Auto-Five-things-were-all-guilty-of-doing.html

1) Pick up a prostitute

Even for a game with no morals, this was a real low point. Yet it is true that every GTAer worth their salt will have pulled up to the curb when they spotted a lady offering her services. The sequence of events that followed – the rocking of the car, the dent in the bank balance and the boost in health – would be enough to send even the maturest gamer into a fit of childish sniggering. Savvy players would then kill her, thereby getting back the spent cash.

Oh my god. You're right! I've not only been oblivious to mainstream media coverage on the topic, but apparently missed dozens, if not hundreds, of pop-culture references spanning the last 2 decades. I always appreciate leaning something new. Thanks man. Could you edit the word sniggering from your post though?

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
COKTOE said:

She was amazing on the Colbert Report. When Colbert asked her to name three games that were emblematic of "male power fantasies" , and she seemingly locked up, and tried to shift the conversation in another direction. Was asked a second time, and again tried to deflect the question. Then was asked again, and finally blorted out...."uhhh, Grand Theft Auto."

Out. Standing. Truly an expert in her field. Whatever that is.

I'm paraphrasing. Can't watch the video in Canada for a refresher.

She isn't wrong, is she? If you beat up hookers in GTA, you can get your money back.

To be fair money does not disappear when you kill someone. So if it where not there it would be even more odd. 

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

CaptainExplosion said:
LuccaCardoso1 said:

Give me some examples please

3 of those 6 are fake.

They're fake.

They looked real to me.

And we all know that if it looks real, it is real. Just google "Anita Sarkeesian Iwata" and you'll see that they're all fake. But still, people choose to believe that they're real to try and confirm their previous beliefs. There are a lot of arguments you can make against Anita Sarkeesian, but using fake tweets as a way of attacking her is just strengthening her.

B O I

CaptainExplosion said:

They looked real to me.

How simple you are lol.

She is just an overal unpleasant person. The whole situation with how she treated Boogie should tell you everything you need to know about her.

Around the Network

She is quite an extremist and she does not seem to be interested in gaming anyway.

This is one of the most cringy reviews you'll ever lay your eyes upon:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OzKTAYkyTE

Last edited by Moren - on 13 September 2018

LuccaCardoso1 said:
TheBird said:
I just think she needs to go away with her toxicity that she is outputting onto our community. I thought League of Legends was bad until I saw her "Anti-Male Frequency" youtube channel or whatever its name is. She doesn't even play games, just judges them as an outsider.

Yeah, I've heard that a million times. But, when was she toxic? When was she anti-male? What makes you think that she doesn't play games (and why does she need to play a game to talk about a cliché in its story?)? I'm asking for examples, because I can't find them.

Why bother to make a thread when you haven't seen 1 of her videos, or a video about her.

Imo you seem like a troll 

RolStoppable said:
COKTOE said:

She was amazing on the Colbert Report. When Colbert asked her to name three games that were emblematic of "male power fantasies" , and she seemingly locked up, and tried to shift the conversation in another direction. Was asked a second time, and again tried to deflect the question. Then was asked again, and finally blorted out...."uhhh, Grand Theft Auto."

Out. Standing. Truly an expert in her field. Whatever that is.

I'm paraphrasing. Can't watch the video in Canada for a refresher.

She isn't wrong, is she? If you beat up hookers in GTA, you can get your money back.

And you can beat up men and steal their cash, too. Your point? 

areason said: 
LuccaCardoso1 said: 

Yeah, I've heard that a million times. But, when was she toxic? When was she anti-male? What makes you think that she doesn't play games (and why does she need to play a game to talk about a cliché in its story?)? I'm asking for examples, because I can't find them.

Why bother to make a thread when you haven't seen 1 of her videos, or a video about her.

Or maybe it actually is Sarkeesian, trying to get people to like her again.

Seriously, when 80%+, which must span the political spectrum, agree that they dislike her, I think the OP is definitely missing something. Or choosing to remain wilfully ignorant to the crap she's pulled. 

thismeintiel said:
areason said: 

Or maybe it actually is Sarkeesian, trying to get people to like her again.

Seriously, when 80%+, which must span the political spectrum, agree that they dislike her, I think the OP is definitely missing something. Or choosing to remain wilfully ignorant to the crap she's pulled. 

omg you uncovered my true identity

But seriously, now I understand why people dislike her. I might even dislike her myself (but I don't have a formed opinion on that just yet). Idk why you said I'm "choosing to remain wilfully ignorant to the crap she's pulled" when I just didn't know why people hated her at my first post. My other posts were just me trying to stop fake tweets from being spread as real ones.

B O I

She is toxic outside her videos, and a lier in them. She was toxic to boogie2988.

People need to stop giving her attention. Just let her go out in a silent whimper.

Last edited by deskpro2k3 - on 13 September 2018

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5