By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Exclusives Attacked For Being Downgraded

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Which is true. 13m install base is pretty abysmal. So a lot of people and I mean A LOT of people missed out on those on the system because of that install base. So again it makes total sense. 

Look OJ, just admit you killed her. 

Yeah OJ. Admit it. He never will. Although he made a book about it about HOW he would do it if he did it.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
PwerlvlAmy said:

Sure but your point is that more people missed out on it when the games sold more so ... 

Which is true. 13m install base is pretty abysmal. So a lot of people and I mean A LOT of people missed out on those on the system because of that install base. So again it makes total sense. 

You know what. What you're saying actually makes sense now that I think about it. I was so fixated on the sales of the games that I couldn't see the forest for the trees (err...think i'm using that right). You're saying that because the Wii U install base was so low, it doesn't matter that the Wii U games sold so much, because there was a much larger margin for growth that wasn't accomplished due to it's smaller install base. Whereas the amount of people who bought The Last of Us had little to do with install base and more to do with different circumstances. So you're for Mario Kart 8 being ported because it's smaller install based completely capped it whereas The Last of Us's install base didn't. 

Lol ... I don't know how I missed something so simple! Great case of overthinking things ... or maybe more so oversimplifying them?  

Is that what you are saying? 

GOWTLOZ said:

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Why do people buy a PS4 Pro or XBox 1 X?  Isn't that for graphics?

What percentage of PS4 and xbox One players have a Pro and X? A very small minority. Also, sometimes these upgraded consoles offer 60 fps on games that are 30 fps on base consoles, so its not just graphics that sell these platforms.

I bet if Switch got a Switch XS it will sell a few units as well, but doesn't mean the Switch userbase cares too much for graphics.

Sony certainly believes that it is graphics that sells the PS4 Pro.  

SpokenTruth said:

You know what. What you're saying actually makes sense now that I think about it. I was so fixated on the sales of the games that I couldn't see the forest for the trees (err...think i'm using that right). You're saying that because the Wii U install base was so low, it doesn't matter that the Wii U games sold so much, because there was a much larger margin for growth that wasn't accomplished due to it's smaller install base. Whereas the amount of people who bought The Last of Us had little to do with install base and more to do with different circumstances. So you're for Mario Kart 8 being ported because it's smaller install based completely capped it whereas The Last of Us's install base didn't. 

Lol ... I don't know how I missed something so simple! Great case of overthinking things ... or maybe more so oversimplifying them?  

Is that what you are saying? 

I just wanted to say that not many people will admit what you just did.  Thank you for that.  That is indeed what she is referring to and it's awesome you recognized you missed her point.  And yes, you used the phrase forest for the trees correctly.  I wish more of us could would what you just did....myself included.

Thanks. The way I see it, as long as you admit that you made an error in a discussion it's fine, as long as you recognize it. No harm done. 

PwerlvlAmy said:
Replicant said:

When The Last of Us and God of War 3 ports for PS4 were announced, you said that only games older than 10 years should be remade and that users who bought TLOU on PS4 were dumb. Now with Nintendo's port galore you don't bat an eye. You basically prove that Nintendo fans (such as yourself) are just as guilty of defending their preferred platform holder but you as a moderator still feel the need to claim that PlayStation fans are worse.

I stand by that Wii U ports to Switch make more sense due to the fact that no one even owned a Wii U and majority of its library was left to die.  My comments in regards to Sony's ports were because they used the PR speak of ''People owned a 360 and didnt play these on PS3'', which was a lie considering 80m+ had a PS3. Excuses didnt hold water compared to the Wii U port talk that went on. 

So yeah I stand by those comments.

Since it's public communication they can spin but they can't lie. And considering they sold more on PS4 than on PS3, and most people wouldn't double dip then I would say their PR is right.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
The_Liquid_Laser said:
GOWTLOZ said:

What percentage of PS4 and xbox One players have a Pro and X? A very small minority. Also, sometimes these upgraded consoles offer 60 fps on games that are 30 fps on base consoles, so its not just graphics that sell these platforms.

I bet if Switch got a Switch XS it will sell a few units as well, but doesn't mean the Switch userbase cares too much for graphics.

Considering 20-25% of new customer have been choosing PS4Pro instead of regular, paying good 100-200 difference over it then I'm pretty sure for a lot of people graphics are a selling point, for me it certainly is (bought both PS4 and Pro)

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

PwerlvlAmy said:
pxrocks said:
When a PlayStation exclusive releases I can feel the jealousy of my friends who don't own a ps4.i already convinced most of them to buy a ps4.
Those who don't have ps4 they always say some weird things about those exclusives.i really enjoy their suffering.also all this downgrade thing started from ubisoft now it's spreading to PlayStation.

Ubisoft is the king of downgrades,but most people havent forgiven Sony for Killzone 2

What downgrade? The final game looks better to me on the TV. I don't see what they downgraded.

Still if you insist, one instance from 2005 changes nothing.

The_Liquid_Laser said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Yeah, and we can see that the PS4 Pro is selling so well right? Yeah, no.

Sony has been touting PS4 Pro's 4K capabilities and boost mode which increases FRAMERATE. Neither resolution nor framerate are graphics, its the graphical settings that count and most PS4 to Pro conversions have the same else slightly better setting at higher resolutions and framerates.

DonFerrari said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

I stand by that Wii U ports to Switch make more sense due to the fact that no one even owned a Wii U and majority of its library was left to die.  My comments in regards to Sony's ports were because they used the PR speak of ''People owned a 360 and didnt play these on PS3'', which was a lie considering 80m+ had a PS3. Excuses didnt hold water compared to the Wii U port talk that went on. 

So yeah I stand by those comments.

Since it's public communication they can spin but they can't lie. And considering they sold more on PS4 than on PS3, and most people wouldn't double dip then I would say their PR is right.

Exactly, but I don't think PwerlvlAmy will accept that her logic is flawed to the core and biased.

For the matter, Mario Kart 8 sold more on Wii U than God of War 3 did on PS3, and also a more recent game, so why is it fair to port Mario Kart 8 when its sold more and was released relatively recently? This is really bad coming from a moderator of all people.

GOWTLOZ said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

Ubisoft is the king of downgrades,but most people havent forgiven Sony for Killzone 2

What downgrade? The final game looks better to me on the TV. I don't see what they downgraded.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Sony has been touting PS4 Pro's 4K capabilities and boost mode which increases FRAMERATE. Neither resolution nor framerate are graphics, its the graphical settings that count and most PS4 to Pro conversions have the same else slightly better setting at higher resolutions and framerates.

DonFerrari said:

Exactly, but I don't think PwerlvlAmy will accept that her logic is flawed to the core and biased.

For the matter, Mario Kart 8 sold more on Wii U than God of War 3 did on PS3, and also a more recent game, so why is it fair to port Mario Kart 8 when its sold more and was released relatively recently? This is really bad coming from a moderator of all people.

You can't compare Mario Kart to last of us or God of War since Mario Kart sales-potential is far higher than those for various reasons. Her logic is very easy to understand, despite selling relatively well Mario Kart 8 potential was hindered by a flop console. And that is true for most WiiU-games, just compare games like Mario U and Donkey Kong Country TP with their Wii predecessors

GOWTLOZ said:
PwerlvlAmy said:

The_Liquid_Laser said:

DonFerrari said:

My logic is perfectly fine. Its also fine that you disagree with it and with me,too. No harm there. 

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Much to do about nothing.