By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The first console videogame I remember playing at home was...

The first console I played on was the...

Intellivision/Atari 2600/Magnavox Odyssey 27 32.14%

NES 23 27.38%

Sega Master System 1 1.19%

Sega Genesis 4 4.76%

Super Nintendo 4 4.76%

Playstation 1 6 7.14%

N64 5 5.95%

PS2 1 1.19%

Xbox 2 2.38%

Dang...there's only 9 options, I pick other! 11 13.10%

Total:84

It wasn't the first game I ever played, but Pitfall 2 was the first amazing game I ever played. First open world experience. Before that every game I had played took place on a single screen. Sometimes the color of the screen would change, sometimes the level design would change, but always a single screen. Pitfall 2 is the grandfather of Metroid. I'm sure it doesn't live up to today's retro game standards, but for the day it was phenomenal.

Around the Network

Well showing my age? a generic piece of sh1t that played variants on the batten moving 'Pong". Not just a startling two bats, one each side, but variations akin to the table football game found in pubs. That was my first home console.

After this, my mate had a 2600 and I'd run home from school to then ride my bike to his house. I was officially addicted to video games. An Intellivision then followed, oh how I loved it and boasted in the trivia it was partially 16bit. Then came the C64 for Xmas one year. Nerdom now entrenched, and then 1986 came along and so did history - the might Amiga 500. I was officially anti-Intel and MS for the rest of my life as I trounced through Amiga after Amiga. from the a600 to the 1200a (still working today - they don't make them like that anymore.)

And for those that think I digress from "console" to computer? The Amiga, invented by Jay Miner was in its inception meant to be a console.

Why isn't the Wii an option? That's what I remember first. It was Wii Sports.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Because...dang, there are only 10 options.  The PS3 and the Xbox360 aren't represented either.  And that's just crazy...WiiSports was the first game you ever played.  Did you enjoy your experience? 

super_etecoon said:

Because...dang, there are only 10 options.  The PS3 and the Xbox360 aren't represented either.  And that's just crazy...WiiSports was the first game you ever played.  Did you enjoy your experience? 

Oh. Well, the first video game I played was I'm pretty sure Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Gameboy Advance (I believe, I am not sure). I lost my Gameboy Advance very quickly, to the point that even when my entire house was cleaned out so we could move I still could not find the thing. 

But yes, the first one I remember was the Wii. I loved Wii Sports so much. Very fun game and if I still had my Wii I'd probably still love the game. Honestly was probably my favorite game on Wii aside from Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Loved the boxing game.

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:

Oh. Well, the first video game I played was I'm pretty sure Super Mario Bros. 3 on the Gameboy Advance (I believe, I am not sure). I lost my Gameboy Advance very quickly, to the point that even when my entire house was cleaned out so we could move I still could not find the thing. 

But yes, the first one I remember was the Wii. I loved Wii Sports so much. Very fun game and if I still had my Wii I'd probably still love the game. Honestly was probably my favorite game on Wii aside from Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Loved the boxing game.

So... if you loved Wii Sports that much why don't you still have your Wii?

I loved my Wii, too.  A lot.  It really was an innovative system that was home to some of the most unique gaming experiences I have ever played.  I'm still waiting for an Elebits sequel.  That being said, I don't have my Wii hooked up anymore either.  Once these new generations take over it's difficult to load up a legacy system.  I know that's not the same for everyone.  Retro gaming is, afterall, a major hobby for many.  But I'd prefer to have all of my legacy games playable on one system.  It's why I miss the Virtual Console and hope that the online subscription service keeps the old school games coming.  It's always why it dosn't bother me at all that many of the Switch games that have been released are WiiU games.  The speed of the UI and home menu on the Switch just makes short burst gaming so much more convenient.

Atari. Combat.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

N64. My first ever console was the transparent green LE console that came with DK64.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Golden Eye N64. I know for sure is my earliest memory, but I mostly remember playing Total Overdose on Xbox because I was a little older.

Intellivision - Baseball with my dad (the game had no single player mode)
First single player game was probably burgertime also on Intellivision.