By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony gave EVERY Gamestop stroe manager a Spiderman PS4pro bundle for free

Any legit source to back this up?

Would be a smart move because I've always found gamestop to be biased against Sony. Have to win them oner one way or another.

Around the Network

It's bribery but it's common in every industry and nothing bad just from Sony.

But funny how people call this a nice gesture when it's obviously not just a gift from a company which wants to be nice. It's a business decision to be more successful.

Bribery if true.

Kerotan said:
Any legit source to back this up?

Would be a smart move because I've always found gamestop to be biased against Sony. Have to win them oner one way or another.

This is credible, I know my experience may seem anecdotal, but this normal practice for all publishers or hardware makers. I don’t have any idea if it’s the same in the US, but in Canada here’s what was given since 2013:

PS4, PS4 Darth Vader limited edition, PS4 Pro, PSVR Bundle, XB One, XB One S and Switch.

that’s without counting games, online subscription and accessories. 

As for Sony and Gamestop, if it’s the general impression you have than it’s definitely different than the what’s presented in these managers conference. Sony’s like the best friend, Microsoft ‘s like the guy you work with and drink beer with sometimes but you won’t invite to your wedding and Nintendo is basically the guy you were forced to work with at school.

It's a common practice in many industries.  It's considered a gift as long as there are no strings attached.  

For example, in 2017 Nintendo gave every Gamestop store manager a free Switch.

Around the Network
pokoko said:

It's a common practice in many industries.  It's considered a gift as long as there are no strings attached.  

Your source says Gamestop gave a free Switch to it's managers, not Nintendo. That's a huge difference.

GoOnKid said:
pokoko said:

Your source says Gamestop gave a free Switch to it's managers, not Nintendo. That's a huge difference.

Where do you think they got them from?  Microsoft?  

pokoko said:
GoOnKid said:

pokoko said:
GoOnKid said:

But how did they get them? Did they get them from Nintendo as a gift or did they just buy them like they usually do? Your source doesn't tell that but this is an important detail.

GoOnKid said:
pokoko said:

But how did they get them? Did they get them from Nintendo as a gift or did they just buy them like they usually do? Your source doesn't tell that but this is an important detail.

It takes seconds to get to the original source, where the clear implication is that Nintendo gave them out as a reward for Gamestop being the top Switch retailer.