By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony gave EVERY Gamestop stroe manager a Spiderman PS4pro bundle for free

Bribery.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

Around the Network
ironmanDX said:

When your CEO comes on stage and says: “We’re thankful for the great friendship we have with Sony and with the amazing gift they offered to everyone, we hope you’ll thank them by making the PS4 the best selling system at Gamestop this holiday.” You can call that a bribe.

That's a nice gesture, I wonder how many of those are on Ebay as we speak.

Bandorr said:
xl-klaudkil said:
They do that quz nobody buying there system anymore for such a high price.

The Spider man pro is sold out nearly everywhere. Heck PS4 pros are sold out nearly everywhere.

Plus it comes with the spider man game. So it is actually coming in at around $340 or so. Along with a unique controller and system.

Yeah my local BestBuy had an entire shopping cart of those Spider-Man PS4 Pros just sitting there, waiting for people to pick them up from pre-order. Stood in line at the pick-up area for 5 minutes and half the people picked up their themed system with the game. 

When they don't sell give them out am i right ;-P
/s
Seriously though that's really nice of them.

Around the Network
xl-klaudkil said:

Who are you and what have you done with klaudkil?

Miguel_Zorro said:
xl-klaudkil said:

Don't worry, that's not an unusual post from him. Then again, I guess this being a usual post from him is a reason to be worried.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments

ironmanDX said:

Heheh.  It doesn't surprise me at all either.  Gamestop is very much a Sony/Microsoft store.  They sell Nintendo stuff too, but some of the staff will try to guide you toward the Sony/Microsoft stuff or just badmouth Nintendo.  If Sony is giving the managers free consoles, then I can understand why they love Sony so much.

Miguel_Zorro said:
xl-klaudkil said:

See what happens when you're a ghost.

Moderated - Miguel

Last edited by Miguel_Zorro - on 08 September 2018

The_Liquid_Laser said:
ironmanDX said:

Heheh.  It doesn't surprise me at all either.  Gamestop is very much a Sony/Microsoft store.  They sell Nintendo stuff too, but some of the staff will try to guide you toward the Sony/Microsoft stuff or just badmouth Nintendo.  If Sony is giving the managers free consoles, then I can understand why they love Sony so much.

Yea I heard some staff talk crap about Nintendo too, but I don’t think it’s exclusive to Nintendo, at least I hope so. Funny that Nintendo gives GameStop a few exclusive Amiibo and is partly responsible for GameStop’s recent rise in sales. But as noted in these forums and anywhere else, not everyone likes what Nintendo does in a business sense, whether it be their policies, their preorder and stock issues, etc., employees will call them out.