By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - What's your opinion of Spider-man so far?

So far...

I'm loving it. (Mindblown) 32 48.48%

Enjoying it 15 22.73%

It's ... decent. 7 10.61%

Have yet to play 5 7.58%

It's bad. 2 3.03%

It's terrible. 2 3.03%

Comments/indifferent/middle America. 3 4.55%

Total:66
Cerebralbore101 said:
Bristow9091 said:

Not sure if this has been answered already, but press circle and down at the same time, it's actually called "Air Brake", lol

Circle and down? Would that be down on the D-Pad, down on the analog stick, or both? Either way I'll try it tonight. It's a huge help thanks!

Basically just hold back(stick) plus O depending from which way you're facing.

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

Around the Network
Sunstrider said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Circle and down? Would that be down on the D-Pad, down on the analog stick, or both? Either way I'll try it tonight. It's a huge help thanks!

Never used the brake while swinging, never saw the need =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Sunstrider said:

I use it when stopping at a destination at high speeds, the first time playing I kept on landing at the wrong building or block, now I've mastered it and became Spider-Man himself .

Nintendo Switch FC: SW-6340-7643-4233 aka Renji

Steam: Lee Roid

d21lewis said:
Got a few glitches yesterday. One where a certain playable character was totally mute. I had to reset the system. Another where I was doing a challenge, chasing a drone. I got stuck under a fire escape. The camera went first person and I couldn't move. Nothing too bad. Just thought it was funny.

I misread it as nude.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mjk45 said:
d21lewis said:
Got a few glitches yesterday. One where a certain playable character was totally mute. I had to reset the system. Another where I was doing a challenge, chasing a drone. I got stuck under a fire escape. The camera went first person and I couldn't move. Nothing too bad. Just thought it was funny.

I misread it as nude.

Now that would make those slow paced sections with playable Mary Jane and Miles Morales a lot more fun.

Around the Network
Sunstrider said:
DonFerrari said:

I use it when stopping at a destination at high speeds, the first time playing I kept on landing at the wrong building or block, now I've mastered it and became Spider-Man himself .

Understood. I keep my eyes on the target so I usually didn't overshoot and when I did I had forgot the option to stop in midair violating physics law =p

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
Sunstrider said:

Understood. I keep my eyes on the target so I usually didn't overshoot and when I did I had forgot the option to stop in midair violating physics law =p

What physics law! You can pull up enemies into the air without dropping down yourself, anti grav man. I use X and [], ground pound to stop. Land in style. It's something you have to unlock first though.

I'm getting the hang of the challenges now, however the bomb ones are still hard. Drones as well. I can't get the timing right for the R2+L2 + X launch. With all the gadgets maxed out (except the last 2) combat and stealth become pretty easy. Trip mines and impact web clean up fast. I need to progress the story a bit first now, bored of being stuck in the night.

I too Platinumed this one. Great game, but a lot of the research stations, MJ stealth, and Otto Lab mini-games stuff just felt forced. Research stations constantly had me doing oddball tasks that weren't all that fun. MJ stealth-detective mode was frustrating. I stood around in the last "apartment" looking for at least an hour, trying to get through her final stealth-investigation section. The Otto Lab mini-games were ok, but just didn't really need to be in the game.

SvennoJ said:
DonFerrari said:

What physics law! You can pull up enemies into the air without dropping down yourself, anti grav man. I use X and [], ground pound to stop. Land in style. It's something you have to unlock first though.

I'm getting the hang of the challenges now, however the bomb ones are still hard. Drones as well. I can't get the timing right for the R2+L2 + X launch. With all the gadgets maxed out (except the last 2) combat and stealth become pretty easy. Trip mines and impact web clean up fast. I need to progress the story a bit first now, bored of being stuck in the night.

You haven't seem spiderman ass tossing webs to hold himself in the air when pulling up enemies, also have to consider that he is using cinetic energy from his impulse from the ground =p, he have infinite mass so the center of gravity from any of his pull is himself.

Bombs aren't hard man, similar to drone, use the R2+L2 when getting around the bomb so you'll land in it and then quick R1+L1 and R1 spam.

Cerebralbore101 said:
I too Platinumed this one. Great game, but a lot of the research stations, MJ stealth, and Otto Lab mini-games stuff just felt forced. Research stations constantly had me doing oddball tasks that weren't all that fun. MJ stealth-detective mode was frustrating. I stood around in the last "apartment" looking for at least an hour, trying to get through her final stealth-investigation section. The Otto Lab mini-games were ok, but just didn't really need to be in the game.

Otto lab is classic Insomniac =]

I found the stealth modes very easy and they gave a lot of tips and directions. I do agree with the research stuff that were strange.

I guess I'm almost at the climax. There were a few set pieces that made me say "Now THIS is Spider-Man". I really took my time with this game but as it went on, I found myself skipping a lot of the side stuff and going straight for the story. I'll clean up after the credits roll. I just can't chance another spoiler--though I don't think there's anything left to spoil.

I feel sorry for people who blast through a new game like this. They don't come along all the time so when they do, I try to make it last.