By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What's the best selling exclusive in terms of First Week sales?

I think as a series Smash has the best chance of beating Halo 3 first week, it always seems to be the most hyped up game for Nintendo systems, but I think it won't do it with only like 25 million users when it comes out. I suppose there is a chance that Pokemon next year could do it if it comes out at the holidays. First pokemon console game ever and Switch user base will be over 40 million, I could maybe see close to 1 in 10 Switch owners buying Pokemon first week.

Around the Network

I'd give it to Pokemon Sun and Moon. If Europe hadn't been released a week later it would have demolished it. Also as Pokemon S&M was available digitally at launch? (Don't think Halo 3 was till later?) Even without EU it probably beat it.

Anything with very front-loaded sales is the best bet.

Smash Ultimate will be the best selling exclusive first week at launch, i'm calling +6 million sold.

Didn’t God of War on PS4 already beat Halo 3?

Edit: Nevermind, I just looked up the FW sales of Halo 3 and it was close to 4m while God of War was a little bit over 3m.

Ryng_Tolu said:
Smash Ultimate will be the best selling exclusive first week at launch, i'm calling +6 million sold.

Are you high?

Around the Network

Pokemon X/Y is listed as 4.2m (first week) on VGC.
http://www.vgchartz.com/game/71449/pokemon-xy/?region=All

jason1637 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Are you high?

Im thinking more low

TheGamer_1995 said:

Didn’t God of War on PS4 already beat Halo 3?

Edit: Nevermind, I just looked up the FW sales of Halo 3 and it was close to 4m while God of War was a little bit over 3m.

But GoW did 3.1 mil in THREEE DAYS; whereas, Halo 3 did 3.8mil in one week. I think an extra 4 more days of sales for GoW would’ve given Halo 3 a run for its money.  

Diablo 3 sold 6.3 million copies in one week. Granted, the game is on consoles, but it was ported later, and the entirety of those fw sales was on PC, as it was PC exclusive at launch and for the year following.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.