By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kairosoft's Game Dev Story and Hot Springs Story are Switch bound

Kairosoft games are crazy addictive and almost impossible to put down, but they end. You WILL lose a day to them if you start - so make it a Saturday or Sunday morning. IMO the best are Dungeon Village (based on Dragon Quest) and Mega Mall Story (based on Sim Tower/The Tower SP).

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

love this developer! i will buy and support about anything they release. these will be fun titles for the switch.

Also, while they found significant success on mobile, they're a-typical of mobile games; they are not casual games, they are geared toward binge play - and are more similar to games like Like SimCity on SNES... except with more dialogue and RPG elements. They'll fit well on any platform.

It's kind of like the Phoenix Wright and Dragon Quest games; sure they are on mobile and are a good fit for the platform... BUT probably fit better on the Switch.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 07 September 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Game dev story was my first game on mobile and loved it so much. A must if it's cheap.

Jumpin said:

Also, while they found significant success on mobile, they're a-typical of mobile games; they are not casual games, they are geared toward binge play - and are more similar to games like Like SimCity on SNES... except with more dialogue and RPG elements. They'll fit well on any platform.

It is an a-typical mobile game, no counters, no microtransactions, no gatcha

Either way, I'm looking forward to more simulation and strategy games coming to the Switch.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network

These are out in Japan next week. Not sure if they will be in Japanese only though.

Last edited by JSG87 - on 04 October 2018

I bought Game Dev Story for what I am pretty sure was $1 back in the day. Fantastic for what it was. Haven't been able to play it in 2 years or more since they updated it to requiring ridiculous permissions the game cannot possible have a reason for requiring.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I don't mind paying more tbh. Also its available worldwide on the 11th!!

I love Kairosoft games and definitely want these, but I can't justify paying 1200 yen for them. I'll wait until they're on sale for 500 or so. I might fork out 1200 if they actually added new features to the game (new devs, systems, more levels, etc.) but it doesn't seem as if they will be

I'm off on release day. Know what am doing 😀