By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
CosmicSex said:
Aeolus451 said:

Okay. You're strawmanning me with this race stuff and acting like I'm in the KKK. I'm not white enough.The conversation about police brutality has been going on for decades outside of football. Since you keep bringing it up, I'll poke some holes thru your theory. Colin's particular claim isn't based on reality these days and it's race baiting. Statistics don't support what he's saying. I'm sure that blacks committing the majority of the murders/robberies in the US per year and perpetuating that "resist the cops" mentality have something to do with the frequency of police interactions and escalation of those interactions. 

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43

"In shootings in these 10 cities involving officers, officers were more likely to fire their weapons without having first been attacked when the suspects were white."

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/12/upshot/surprising-new-evidence-shows-bias-in-police-use-of-force-but-not-in-shootings.person

I wonder if you work for Al Sharpton or something.

 

There's a ton of reasons why those idiots are "taking a knee" since he started sitting/kneeling later on. It's not about a specific issue. It's disrespectful of a millionaire football player to virtue signal during the national anthem at football games for any reason. 

That fact that you think people should care about a song more that people's life is astonishing.   The fact that you think that black should shut up because whites have weapons drawn on them too is mindblowing. 

This isn't going away as you can see.  Those who value their lives will continue to do so and you will not be successful in convincing us to lay down and die. 

Your arguments don't aren't moving because it doesn't address the issue.  You don't even see what the issue is.  You think it's about football or Kaepernick or the 'left'.  You think that white lose of life somehow remedies black loss of life. Like either are justified. 

I thought you were racist but actually you are just lost. The debate may be decades long but it will go on for a century if that is what it takes to resolve it or give it the attention that it deserves. 

Stop playing the victim with this strawmanning shit. I treat any person as an equal but I also expect any person to act in a equal manner. I don't care for hypocrites. You expect me to cry a river over police being rough when blacks commit the majority of the murders in the US and it's against their own. 

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/tables/table-43

Blacks commited 52.2% of all murders in 2013.

----------------------------

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex_of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

In one offender to one victim murders, 2245 out of 2491 blacks murdered in 2013 were killed by another black person. I tried to find a total instead of 1 to 1 on fbi site but couldn't.

They won't even address this or talk about it. That tells me that the black community doesn't care about black lives or improving their communities when it really comes down to it. When a black person is killed/murdered, does it only matter when it's done by a cop? To me, any person killed or murdered matters regardless of how it's done. Statistics matter especially in this context. Blaming whitey or cops is just another case of the boy crying wolf.

 

User moderated for this post - the-pi-guy

Last edited by the-pi-guy - on 08 September 2018

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
Guess Nike doesn't know about "go woke, go broke". Alot of sports fans are mad over the NFL becoming more political and the viewership is dropping. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanberr/2018/08/28/the-nfls-ratings-probably-will-continue-to-decline/#6a072b026666 The NFL has finally stopped them from kneeling and won't touch Colin. ESPN has gotten political and as a result, there ratings keep dropping/losing subs. https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-loses-500000-subscribers-april/

Don't these dumbies know that sports viewers are mainly conservative except with certain sports. 🙀 What possessed Nike to do this...

It's almost like the message of the ad is to do what you believe in... even if it costs you everything  ;)



Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: First Look! RetroTINK 2X Multiformat Preview - Bit-Sized, Episode 5

StuOhQ said:
Aeolus451 said:
Guess Nike doesn't know about "go woke, go broke". Alot of sports fans are mad over the NFL becoming more political and the viewership is dropping. https://www.forbes.com/sites/jonathanberr/2018/08/28/the-nfls-ratings-probably-will-continue-to-decline/#6a072b026666 The NFL has finally stopped them from kneeling and won't touch Colin. ESPN has gotten political and as a result, there ratings keep dropping/losing subs. https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-loses-500000-subscribers-april/

Don't these dumbies know that sports viewers are mainly conservative except with certain sports. 🙀 What possessed Nike to do this...

It's almost like the message of the ad is to do what you believe in... even if it costs you everything  ;)

Not always the best advice... Not everyone ends up with a Nike marketing deal.



What exactly is the issue with this ad? I honestly don't get it (yes, I know about the whole kneeling discussion in the NFL).



Mummelmann said:
What exactly is the issue with this ad? I honestly don't get it (yes, I know about the whole kneeling discussion in the NFL).

Probably that it means that the issue that was supposed to be done with popped up again in a big way. Plus the ad portrays Kaepernick as a hero when those who opposed the whole idea did their utmost to portray Kaepernick and company as enemies of American values.



Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Gamers Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Mummelmann said:
What exactly is the issue with this ad? I honestly don't get it (yes, I know about the whole kneeling discussion in the NFL).

Probably that it means that the issue that was supposed to be done with popped up again in a big way. Plus the ad portrays Kaepernick as a hero when those who opposed the whole idea did their utmost to portray Kaepernick and company as enemies of American values.

Well, and here I was thinking that they might have bigger concerns on their agenda...



Mummelmann said:
What exactly is the issue with this ad? I honestly don't get it (yes, I know about the whole kneeling discussion in the NFL).

As with many things in life, a breakdown in communication. In this case, Kaepernick "sacrificing everything" while becoming a spokesman of a multi-billion dollar corporation...

RolStoppable said:
Mummelmann said:
What exactly is the issue with this ad? I honestly don't get it (yes, I know about the whole kneeling discussion in the NFL).

Probably that it means that the issue that was supposed to be done with popped up again in a big way. Plus the ad portrays Kaepernick as a hero when those who opposed the whole idea did their utmost to portray Kaepernick and company as enemies of American values.

I don't have a timeline of events on hand but I think the issue resurfaced after Trump tweeted about it... Makes me wish the president would learn when it's best just to keep his mouth shut and let things die from disinterest.



KLAMarine said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:

It is funny that you say this because the ad seems to not even imply this at all. It states you should strive for something even if it means costing you everything. That seems a very straightforward point to me. Be willing to give everything for what you want most or believe in most. Last time I checked, war heroes were getting paid for their service so being in the military or armed forces is also a business decision which, when put into context, is certainly not heroic. Not that I am to disrespect anyone in the armed forces, just stating a fact.

I mean, Martin Luther King Jr., Gandhi, and Jesus Christ were not in any military and yet they sacrificed their lives for the things they believed in. The ad suggests you be ready to lose everything, not that you HAVE TO LOSE everything. Colin Kaepernick did not lose everything but he did lose a lot and was willing to lose everything. If you believe in something as much as he does, then you should be prepared to lose everything as well. Otherwise, you are likely to back down when the pressure mounts. This should stand for the left, the right, the center, Muslims, Christians, Jews, musicians, athletes, comedians, or anyone in the world. Be ready for the sacrifice because it can hit hard. I like the message when kept in its context.

I see what you're saying but I just happen to find the words themselves juxtaposed to the big money the marketing deal must surely be going Kaepernick's way...

Perhaps better wording could have been found?

Is that what you want to see.  In other words, do you believe Kap thought when he decided to go down this road that at the end he will be in a Nike AD.  If anything he probably though his career is over, his voice will be ignored and people will try to change his message to mean something else so they can ignore his message.  At the end of the day,   You do not look at the end of the journey, you look at everything in between.  One thing I did noticed about Kap as he was out of a job was that he continue to give with his own money to the charities he supported before this all started.  Whatever people may believe they know about the man, I am sure they have no clue how much he contributed his own money and time for causes he believed in.  They way I see it, people are more comfortable with the ideal in their head then what is true about someone definitely if it doesn't fit their opinion.



The only thing hurting this AD campaign now is Serena Williams appalling behaviour



Machiavellian said:
KLAMarine said:

I see what you're saying but I just happen to find the words themselves juxtaposed to the big money the marketing deal must surely be going Kaepernick's way...

Perhaps better wording could have been found?

Is that what you want to see.  In other words, do you believe Kap thought when he decided to go down this road that at the end he will be in a Nike AD.  If anything he probably though his career is over, his voice will be ignored and people will try to change his message to mean something else so they can ignore his message.  At the end of the day,   You do not look at the end of the journey, you look at everything in between.  One thing I did noticed about Kap as he was out of a job was that he continue to give with his own money to the charities he supported before this all started.  Whatever people may believe they know about the man, I am sure they have no clue how much he contributed his own money and time for causes he believed in.  They way I see it, people are more comfortable with the ideal in their head then what is true about someone definitely if it doesn't fit their opinion.

What is Kaep's history? What has he donated to in the past?

Interesting thing to look into...

Rab said:
The only thing hurting this AD campaign now is Serena Williams appalling behaviour

Is she sponsored by Nike?