By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Direct announced for tomorrow! (09/13/18)

super_etecoon said:
CaptainExplosion said:

It'd be nice to see what Retro Studios has been doing besides porting Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze to Switch.

I have a personal theory that they are co-developing Metroid Prime 4 with Bandai-Namco.  They keep posting prime rib on their Twitter account. They've been completely silent for quite a while on their next game.  They and Metroid were both a no-show at E3.  This isn't that far fetched when you consider they had three studios working on Other M, a title I doubt is ambitious as this game will be.  I also think the hype for this would go through the roof if true, and Nintendo would hold on to that piece of the puzzle for quite a while.

I kind of suspect the same or at least the part that Retro would be involved in it. I know that Nintendo said that the same people would not be doing it, but even if Retro studios was developing it, it wouldn´t be made by the same people/team as many of them no longer work at Retro studios.

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:
super_etecoon said:

I have a personal theory that they are co-developing Metroid Prime 4 with Bandai-Namco.  They keep posting prime rib on their Twitter account. They've been completely silent for quite a while on their next game.  They and Metroid were both a no-show at E3.  This isn't that far fetched when you consider they had three studios working on Other M, a title I doubt is ambitious as this game will be.  I also think the hype for this would go through the roof if true, and Nintendo would hold on to that piece of the puzzle for quite a while.

I thought that was just a joke.

Certainly it is, or was...but it's a cruel joke.  Someone at Retro finds it funny, but not problematic for image.  To me this suggests maybe this is a long con that's been given a longer leash because there will be a nice payoff.

I'm definitely not saying this is likely.  I'm saying it's a possibility, and one that I think makes sense given the scant bit of evidence I've provided.  I'm thinking somewhere along the lines that Retro will be in charge of environments, narrative, level structure, and Bandai Namco will be working on a full fledged multiplayer component.  Again, no support.  Just a hunch.  I love Retro's work on Metroid (even though most of the original staff is gone) and I refuse to let go of my dream to play another Retro Metroid.  Of course, I wouldn't mind (at all) if they were working on a Super Metroid sequel either. 

KLXVER said:
flashfire926 said:
So Nintendo only cares about Japan? How come we don't get another delay as East Coast US is about to be hit by a huge hurricane?

If they waited until a day there were no natural disasters in the world, we would never get a Direct ever again...

Do then why does the Japan earthquake get special treatment?

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
KLXVER said:

If they waited until a day there were no natural disasters in the world, we would never get a Direct ever again...

Cause Kaijus come out of the ground there as a result.

flashfire926 said:
KLXVER said:

Because Nintendo is a Japanese company. Its not a contest. Its just a tragedy happened in their country.

Around the Network

Let's hope the HAARP stays cool. We need that direct.

cycycychris said:
I edited the thread title with the updated date.

Thanks for doing that. I actually was just thinking to myself: "Man, I haven't touched on my thread about the direct in ages, better update with the new date" and just logged in to do that. I saw that the new date was already in the title and was scratching my head trying to remember when did I did that.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

So apparently a writer for Eurogamer and some insiders on ResetERA have hinted at an Animal Crossing reveal for tomorrow.

Expecting:
- Mario Party
- Smash Bros. including a new fighter, most likely to close the Direct.
- Pokemon Let's Go P/E
- Mega Man 11 and various other 3rd parties
- Yoshi
- At least one Wii U port
- Trailers for last 3DS' games (Luigi's Mansion, Persona Q2 (albeit, this one will just be in Japan))

Hoping/Likely:
- Fire Emblem
- The Online details we get are favorable and good.
- No More Heroes

Hoping/Not likely (Don't expect these, or you'll (I'll*) most likely be disappointed):
- Animal Crossing
- Metroid Prime 4
- Pokemon Gen 8
- Bayonetta 3
- Retro's new game
- Luigi's Mansion 3*

animegaming said:
So apparently a writer for Eurogamer and some insiders on ResetERA have hinted at an Animal Crossing reveal for tomorrow.

This is exactly what I don't want: high expectations.  Here I was just minding my own business and expecting a boring Direct with a ton of info on online/Smash, and then you go and do this.  I'm going to do my best to consider this all rumor and conjecture and continue pessimistically thinking nothing exciting will come from tomorrow's announcements.