Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragalia Lost Mobile Direct

Do you like what you see?

looks pretty awesome 1 25.00%

seems fine for a mobile game 3 75.00%

meh 0 0%

looks bad 0 0%

The Horrors!!! 0 0%

Total:4

As I haven't seen a thread about yesterdays direct, I thought I do one myself. Now I know it is a mobile game, which isn't very popular around here, but actually mobile games got a lot more deep and diverse recently and Dragalia Lost looks like it could've been on 3DS. So let's talk a little about it.

If you haven't watched the direct yet, here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4wz7Mb8Kqw

Some things to note:

• seems to have in-app purchases for Diamantium
  • action RPG with controls seemingly done pretty well for touch screens
  • release September 27th 2018
  • element and weapon types with weaknesses and strengths against each other
  • dragons can be bound to characters and their power unleashed
  • character advancement through level, equipment, mana circle (seems configuring particular strengths) and halidom (your personal castle which you can upgrade to lend additional powers)
  • vast variety of characters to join your party
  • character advancement system with stars similar to Fire Emblem Heroes
  • optional multi-player mode

Anything to add? Opinions?

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Around the Network

To add my own opinion:

I wish it was turn-based. Turn-based would work fine with touch-screens and give more depth in gameplay. All the stuff about strengthening the character and different elements and weapons would work as well with turn-based combat. But well, it seems they have at least put some thought into the controls and the battle looks working.

The graphics look fine too me. Something that would have been made on 3DS too.

The story seems kinda generic from what we heard so far. Also I see a lot of characters. This can turn into a problem, as I feel not as connected to the characters if I'm overwhelmed with the sheer amount of them.

Overall a mixed bag for me. As it is probably Free to play, I'll try, but so far I was underwhelmed by Nintendo forays into mobile games. I was especially disappointed into Fire Emblem Heroes.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]