By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Microsoft ever report Xbox One console sales?

Will they?

Yes 9 14.52%

No 53 85.48%

Total:62

Console sales doesn't matter that much anymore. Also for stockholders it doesn't matter because the money comes partly from software but a large portion from subscriptions. I would not be surprised if sony makes more money from PS plus/now in one year than they do with console sales profits.

Around the Network

It isn't a good look when the Xbox One is apparently being beat by the Xbox 360.

That depends when the next gen will start. If in 2020, then it should. In 17 months, Switch is already halfway through XBO sales. In 2017 Switch/XBO ratio was 1.7. In 2018 (so far) is 2.25 and I don't think that this trend will change anytime soon, if ever.

Wizav said:
XBOX is loosing to PS4 but still it's not a Loss.. it's just that PS4 is more popular.

I think XBOX will easily hit 60-70 milions while PS4 will hit 100

Being behind doesn't mean = looser. 60-70 mil means being relevant.

60M is very hard for xbox (close to impossible), and 70M is an impossible number. On the other side, ps4 got great chances of surpassing 120M, so yeah, ps4 gonna be over 2:1 on xbox.

Xbox will be luck to cross 55M.

Last edited by Manlytears - on 30 August 2018

konnichiwa said:
Console sales doesn't matter that much anymore. Also for stockholders it doesn't matter because the money comes partly from software but a large portion from subscriptions. I would not be surprised if sony makes more money from PS plus/now in one year than they do with console sales profits.

I can't agree wit that. Of course console sales still matter....more consoles means more more customers to buy PS plus/now or Gold subscriptions along with more software. So yeah they definitely matter.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
konnichiwa said:

I can't agree wit that. Of course console sales still matter....more consoles means more more customers to buy PS plus/now or Gold subscriptions along with more software. So yeah they definitely matter.

Exactly. 

@ OP 

Not going to happen. Not only is the PS4 selling more than twice they are, but the Switch will be passing them eventually. Not a good look. 

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Maybe some Catholic MS execs told them to their father confessors, but we'll never know!

So we'll have to wait till the father is on his deathbed to know the numbers?

Sure they will stop when Switch will overtake them.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Wizav said:
XBOX is loosing to PS4 but still it's not a Loss.. it's just that PS4 is more popular.

XBoxOne will never reach 60-70M according to current trend.  PS4 has sold more than twice than One, and continues to outsell the MS console by more than 2:1.   PS4 will most probably hit 120M plus by the end of its life cycle, no way it can stop at 100M, considering it might reach 95M plus by the end of this year.  You shoud review your calculations....PS5 is not gonna happen before Nov 2020, and PS4 will continue selling after that time, anyway.

That said, I don't consider XBox One a failure, of course, it still is a productive console, and plenty of good games.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Wizav said:

Are you expecting the XB1 to start selling more than the PS4? At the current rate that would be around 50m XB1s to 100m PS4s

The PS5 Exists.