By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Microsoft ever report Xbox One console sales?

Will they?

Yes 9 14.52%

No 53 85.48%

Total:62

What ever the sales figures are - they're not good. EA recently estimated that X1 sales are around 30 million, but of course Microsoft made no comment on that estimate so it might be safe to assume it's either around that mark - or lower. Regardless, the Xbox One X didn't boost their momentum sales and it certainly wasn't received as well as the PS4 Pro, the One X didn't sell out on launch day nor did it sell out on Black Friday/Cyber Monday in the following weeks after it's launch last year.

On top of this, MS has an absolute dismal line up for appealing exclusives despite being on the market for 5 years now. It also begs the question: If people weren't excited for the Xbox One X, will people even be excited for Project Scarlet/Xbox Two?

Around the Network
TranceformerFX said:
What ever the sales figures are - they're not good. EA recently estimated that X1 sales are around 30 million, but of course Microsoft made no comment on that estimate so it might be safe to assume it's either around that mark - or lower. Regardless, the Xbox One X didn't boost their momentum sales and it certainly wasn't received as well as the PS4 Pro, the One X didn't sell out on launch day nor did it sell out on Black Friday/Cyber Monday in the following weeks after it's launch last year.

On top of this, MS has an absolute dismal line up for appealing exclusives despite being on the market for 5 years now. It also begs the question: If people weren't excited for the Xbox One X, will people even be excited for Project Scarlet/Xbox Two?

Xbox X seems to have helped. Would they be tracking for their best year without it? I don't think so 

Wizav said:
XBOX is loosing to PS4 but still it's not a Loss.. it's just that PS4 is more popular.

I think XBOX will easily hit 60-70 milions while PS4 will hit 100

Being behind doesn't mean = looser. 60-70 mil means being relevant.

50 Million max.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Maybe some Catholic MS execs told them to their father confessors, but we'll never know!

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Likely not until some point after the Xbox One's life has ended.

Around the Network
ArchangelMadzz said:
Wizav said:
XBOX is loosing to PS4 but still it's not a Loss.. it's just that PS4 is more popular.

I think XBOX will easily hit 60-70 milions while PS4 will hit 100

Being behind doesn't mean = looser. 60-70 mil means being relevant.

50 Million max.

XBO should be at 50m by June 2020 at least, It'll probably finish around 55m.

Will Microsoft tell us the sales? Probably not.

MasonADC said:
TranceformerFX said:

Xbox X seems to have helped. Would they be tracking for their best year without it? I don't think so 

I think X gave some of the hardcore gamers who want the most powerful system for 3rd party games a reason to buy an Xbox one console. The majority of gamers seem to actually be upgrading to Pro  though. Sony's vast library of exclusives and the lower price tag is more enticing than X's raw power at this point. 

When they pass PS4, so never.
They still reveal sales on specific occasions, but never totals.
@Wizav. PS4 have been 2:1 or more since release, currently it's more 3:1 so how will Xbox achieve 70% of PS4 sales?

@Vivster: Great joke. But their original Xbox probably had almost double plastic amount than PS4 =p that may be the reason for the slim, to use same amount per console and total be half. Or considering this year, 1/3.

MS is also helping in control the hike on memory prices by containing their production to a pace it won't affect PC owners buying memory and graphic cards.

Last edited by DonFerrari - on 30 August 2018

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Probably not because playstation are destroying it's sales.

You'd like to think if they hit 50m by the end of the gen they would announce it but I doubt it.