By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official FIFA 19 thread - Release today!

What platform are you getting FIFA 19 for?

PC 1 7.69%

PS3 0 0%

PS4 3 23.08%

Switch 7 53.85%

Xbox 360 1 7.69%

Xbox One 1 7.69%

Total:13

It's not doomed to obscurity, It's not a Rocket League thread after all.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Small feature added in the Switch version is online.
You know, something insignificantly missing last year.

vivster said:

Make a Rocket League thread when cross-platform parties arrives next week.
You can even make an VGC club, I'd join.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

TomaTito said:
vivster said:

Meh, it's only one club per person, I can't commit to something like that so easily. Also, it's pointless if there aren't any GCs anyway.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I like it when they kick the ball.

I played Fifa from 2000-2013, then Switched to PES in either 2014 or 2015 and thought, damn this is better. But I don't play either much anyway.

Ka-pi96 said:
TomaTito said:

Small feature added in the Switch version is online.
You know, something insignificantly missing last year.

huh, that's a pretty major thing to be missing :O

Exaggerated a little, it was playing with friends online... they did have some online modes.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-10-05-we-asked-ea-to-explain-why-you-cant-play-fifa-18-online-against-friends-on-nintendo-switch

vivster said:
TomaTito said:

Meh, it's only one club per person, I can't commit to something like that so easily. Also, it's pointless if there aren't any GCs anyway.

You can only make one club or join one? Maybe there is a GC hidden somewhere in these threads, but I'm not it.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Around the Network
TomaTito said:

vivster said:

You can only make one club or join one? Maybe there is a GC hidden somewhere in these threads, but I'm not it.

You can only be part of one club at a time.

I'll play the demo next week.

Played the demo for a few minutes and I don't like the new shooting system. Makes it hard to go for those quick shoots while there being lots of defenders on you. I'll play more this weekend though.

Ka-pi96 said:
jason1637 said:
Played the demo for a few minutes and I don't like the new shooting system. Makes it hard to go for those quick shoots while there being lots of defenders on you. I'll play more this weekend though.

Well the new shooting system is optional, you can even turn the timing bar off in the options. Much better than the ridiculously overpowered low driven shot from last year at least.

I wasn't too keen on it either though. The gameplay just felt kind of off. Players seemed really slow and it was almost like there was an invisible barrier around the player with the ball preventing you from getting close enough to tackle them. I dunno, it sounds weird, but that's what it felt like.

Oh thanks i did not know i could turn it off. Will do it when i play again and yeah your description on the new system is accurate. It just feels slow and  not right.

mZuzek said:
Yeah, this thread is doomed to obscurity. I've also seen many people claiming PES is much better this year.

Personally, I still haven't decided whether to get FIFA or not, and I was hoping a demo would turn me over, but alas, there is no demo on the Switch. Nice work, EA.

The same people saying this are the same people that claimed it was better last year the year before that and so on.