By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Official FIFA 19 thread - Release today!

What platform are you getting FIFA 19 for?

PC 1 7.69%

PS3 0 0%

PS4 3 23.08%

Switch 7 53.85%

Xbox 360 1 7.69%

Xbox One 1 7.69%

Total:13

I'll play the demo next week.

Around the Network

Played the demo for a few minutes and I don't like the new shooting system. Makes it hard to go for those quick shoots while there being lots of defenders on you. I'll play more this weekend though.

jason1637 said:
Played the demo for a few minutes and I don't like the new shooting system. Makes it hard to go for those quick shoots while there being lots of defenders on you. I'll play more this weekend though.

Well the new shooting system is optional, you can even turn the timing bar off in the options. Much better than the ridiculously overpowered low driven shot from last year at least.

I wasn't too keen on it either though. The gameplay just felt kind of off. Players seemed really slow and it was almost like there was an invisible barrier around the player with the ball preventing you from getting close enough to tackle them. I dunno, it sounds weird, but that's what it felt like.

Ka-pi96 said:
jason1637 said:

Well the new shooting system is optional, you can even turn the timing bar off in the options. Much better than the ridiculously overpowered low driven shot from last year at least.

I wasn't too keen on it either though. The gameplay just felt kind of off. Players seemed really slow and it was almost like there was an invisible barrier around the player with the ball preventing you from getting close enough to tackle them. I dunno, it sounds weird, but that's what it felt like.

Oh thanks i did not know i could turn it off. Will do it when i play again and yeah your description on the new system is accurate. It just feels slow and  not right.

Yeah, this thread is doomed to obscurity. I've also seen many people claiming PES is much better this year.

Personally, I still haven't decided whether to get FIFA or not, and I was hoping a demo would turn me over, but alas, there is no demo on the Switch. Nice work, EA.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Yeah, this thread is doomed to obscurity. I've also seen many people claiming PES is much better this year.

Personally, I still haven't decided whether to get FIFA or not, and I was hoping a demo would turn me over, but alas, there is no demo on the Switch. Nice work, EA.

The same people saying this are the same people that claimed it was better last year the year before that and so on.

mZuzek said:

There's also no PES on the Switch so... yeah

I'm really struggling with the new timed shooting mechanic :(. Also I really hate how big the bars for the player name and stamina are but that's really minor.
The game looks great especially during the highlights part when they bring up a player protesting a yellow/card and so on.

Will stick to FIFA 17 at least for the time being though.

We all know Sony domination is a real thing and there is nothing Microsoft or Nintendo can do about it....

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

I'd love to talk about my myClub team and football games but there's no way I'm going back to FUT. PES is really good this year and building a team in myClub is so much more satisfying than collecting cards. You level up your players etc not to mention stats actually matter, not just pace.

How about making this a FIFA/PES thread? :P

Lads i only buy 1 fifa per console so I'm not in the loop with the series. As fans of it do you feel they hype this year is bigger then any other year? Could we see record breaking sales? I have a feeling we will but I'm not sure why.