By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Divinity OS2: Definitive edition is pure perfection. Best RPG ever?

I ..

Own Divinity os2 and will return. 3 12.00%

Will be buying the definitive edition. 7 28.00%

Won't be buying. 7 28.00%

Interested and may buy in the future. 8 32.00%

Comments/Indifferent/Middle America... 0 0%

Total:25

I played it last year on PC. I didn't finish it, actually. It's good but it has lots of things that keep it from being great. It can be pretty frustrating at times. I'll probably replay it at some point, as I'm sure it has a lot more mods available now.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
Spike0503 said:
Wish I could play this. I still remember beating the original Divine Divinity years ago.

Why can't you play it? I'm pretty sure a PC capable of running DOS1 smoothly could run this slightly less smoothly but it's not a frame rate intensive game so... wait, no console either?

Nah, at the moment I don't own a current-gen console or a decent gaming PC. All I have is an old laptop with hardware so obsolete you would faint if I told you. lol, still, this game looks cool.

I didn't know this was on GoG. Totally getting it for my PC now.

To those who have played it - is this still really enjoyable if played entirely solo? I don't have friends.

Also, anyone know when the embargo lifts? For a game that's already out on PC it seems weird to wait till release to see reviews...

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

epicurean said:
To those who have played it - is this still really enjoyable if played entirely solo? I don't have friends.

Also, anyone know when the embargo lifts? For a game that's already out on PC it seems weird to wait till release to see reviews...

If you like classic isometric CRPGs from the past, like Planescape: Torment, Fallout 1/2 or Baldur's Gate, which are some of the best RPGs ever made, then Divinity OS2 is perfect game to scratch that itch, giving that it's one of very few that is heavily influenced by those games from Interplay's Black Isle/Bioware glory days that actually manages to stand with them shoulder to shoulder in the hall of fame.

Around the Network
John2290 said:
RaptorChrist said:

John, remember I called you out on a God of War thread. YOU AREN'T ALLOWED TO KEEP MAKING EVERY NEW GAME YOUR GAME OF THE YEAR! IT'S MY DAMN TURN! :(

*Dies alone... on Mars*

Edit: Also, the game came out last year, so if anything, it would be 2017's Game of the Year, and God of War can still be this year's? Until Dragon Quest 11 next week; YOU CANNOT HAVE IT!

Lol. Indeed, but 'so far' was the context there but do feel free to take your turn you can have Divinity for 2017 and Ill take the DE for 2018. :D 

Definitive edition is the full release of the game in my eyes on all platforms, I still see the final release of the PC version as a wrap on the early access. As well as all the QoL improvements and finishing the game VA and all, Sure, they are fully overhauling and rewriting Act 3, re wrote the menu and item descriptions, etc. It's now complete. 

I only had one GotY so far this year and one GoAT since 2015. It's now time to revise and give Divinity it's special little place in my heart... probably until Red dead hahaha.

Hope DQ is your 2018 dude, I see a lot of excitment for that game. It keeps popping up in my YT feed.

It's for sure easy to be influenced by the hype surrounding a game when it comes out, which I don't think is a bad thing at all. I'd say that every year there are a handful of games that I play that I get so engrossed in that I feel like it's my favorite game ever at the time.

About your last post, where you stated that you like playing games that are ported well to console, I'm curious how you felt about the Witcher 3, given your avatar (I have a bad memory so I apologize if I've already been in this discussion xD). I actually played the game first on my OG PS4, and I only ever got maybe 10 hours into it before setting it aside. It wasn't until just last year that I bought it on a Steam sale and ended up playing through the majority of the game (never actually finished it, but I made it partway through "Act 3").

I think my issue was with the loading times. I think I was playing on the difficulty below Death March, and I found myself having to reload certain encounters several times to progress (the one where you need to defend one of the townsfolk to get the pass to cross the pontar was one such quest that comes to mind, as if you let the guy die you fail the quest, and that didn't sit well with me).

PC perhaps, Console hell no.

Still haven't completed POE yet, probably will prefer POE II.

Although I've never played the original, I added this to one to my wishlist.

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Do people who bought the original get the updates that come with the definite edition or is it exclusive to the definite edition? 

EDIT: Found an article from PC games that says that the definite edition update will be for the original as well. I really hope so cause I'd feel real cheated to get an "inferior" product.

"Trick shot? The trick is NOT to get shot." - Lucian