By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the Switch surpass Xbox One sales by the end of the generation ?

Switch sales over Xbox One's by the end of 2020 ?

Yes 88 92.63%

No 7 7.37%

Total:95

The Xbox numbers are way off because they are essentially saying that its selling 50/50 America/World which just isn't even remotely close to reality. Therefore it's hard to take his discussion of future sales seriously when his current numbers are totally fictitious. A common flaw I see among gaming articles is the idea that you can have realistic conversations based on completely backwards false information.

Around the Network

Yes by 2021

I expect the x1 to plummet in 2019, so end of 2019 the switch should be ahead. I mean, what reasons have MS showed for anyone to buy an xbox? They basically said when they bought all the studios that its for next gen. So expect more little titles like sea of thieves and state of decay.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

CosmicSex said:
The Xbox numbers are way off because they are essentially saying that its selling 50/50 America/World which just isn't even remotely close to reality. Therefore it's hard to take his discussion of future sales seriously when his current numbers are totally fictitious. A common flaw I see among gaming articles is the idea that you can have realistic conversations based on completely backwards false information.

Not just that article, but here as well. I believe that then increase the x1 has seen this year has been solely in the US. EU and rest of the world just dont care for the extra power of the x1x. If they ever release sales numbers, it will be over tracked here a fair bit. 

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
zorg1000 said:
That article makes no sense, it says Xbox One was around 30 million at the end of 2017 but 45 million in mid-2018, must be a typo and mean 35 million.

No typo, they used VGC or EA numbers (the 103M PS4 + XBO at the End of 2017) for the 30M but switched to another source (probably some "analyst") which probably showed ridiculously inflated unit sales 

The funniest thing about this is that they are projecting the Xbox to nearly double it's current base in 1 year.  26 million in a year would be nearly 90% of the 30 million that they site for end of 2017. Or roughly a 300% jump in YoY sales... after 4 years for no reason. 

This impossible scenario leads me to believe that Switch will win simply because of the unrealistic boost we need to give Xbox even to have this conversation. 

Around the Network

Yes, there's no doubt about it.

yes, ive got no doubt

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?

Yes, it should easily do so.

Well yes, it probably will.

ZhugeEX said that Xbox One was roughly 35 million by the end of 2017, and based on that I'll put them around ~38 million as of now.

My guess is Q1 2020 for the overtake.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Xbox has too far of a lead. According to top industry analysts, Switch is only on track to sell 8 million this year. If Nintendo only does this for 2.5 years, by my calcoolations, that's only 32 million Switch units sold against Xbox One's... I dunno... 50-55 million units? To be conservative!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.