By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the Switch surpass Xbox One sales by the end of the generation ?

Switch sales over Xbox One's by the end of 2020 ?

Yes 88 92.63%

No 7 7.37%

Total:95
Jumpin said:
Xbox has too far of a lead. According to top industry analysts, Switch is only on track to sell 8 million this year. If Nintendo only does this for 2.5 years, by my calcoolations, that's only 32 million Switch units sold against Xbox One's... I dunno... 50-55 million units? To be conservative!

It's on track but the Switch could break the 300k per week threshold when Smash and Pokemon arrive thus considerably upping that 8 million forecast to maybe 15 mill. If Mario Tennis was enough for the Switch to hover around 200k units I would think Smash Bros will sell more units.

Around the Network

According to their numbers, Xbox One would have to sell 20.5 million units this year to be at 56 million by end of 2018. Which would top PS4's best single year in doing so. With Xbox One selling a whopping 83 units in Japan per week, that sounds totally like a legit possibility. Yeah, okay....

Jumpin said:
Xbox has too far of a lead. According to top industry analysts, Switch is only on track to sell 8 million this year. If Nintendo only does this for 2.5 years, by my calcoolations, that's only 32 million Switch units sold against Xbox One's... I dunno... 50-55 million units? To be conservative!

So you secretly were Pachter all this time

:p

If the current pace continues then yes

Xbox 360 and Xbox One

Gamertag:  GamertagOz70

CY Q4 2019 at the latest (if EA numbers are true)