By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Convince me with 1 article or 1 video that SSB is awesome

I have never played it more than a total of 10min in my life...(I wanted to say 5 but let's round it to the higher 10)

For me who play SF2X, a game like SSB just looks like an mess, a sort of official polished mugen which owns its success by the massive fan service that it has been doing since the N64.

Proove me with 1 short video, like a tutorial, or a technical article, that the game is technically original, deep, awesome and that it deserves its success.

Around the Network

...I don't think anything else is needed.

Mar1217 said:
If mZuzek sig isn't enough to get you hyped up, then I can't do nothing about it.

It's funny cause that's not even the final version of that image.

Anyways I doubt this will convince you, but I saw this set live in person, and it made my heart race from the hype alone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr9tNugI-SI

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Why? You are amnesia, you will forget.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Ultrashroomz said:
Mar1217 said:
If mZuzek sig isn't enough to get you hyped up, then I can't do nothing about it.

It's funny cause that's not even the final version of that image.

Anyways I doubt this will convince you, but I saw this set live in person, and it made my heart race from the hype alone:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xr9tNugI-SI

Not bad at all, this fight really looks TECHNICAL and NICE to watch.

But yes, I don't give a fuck about the picture. They could be twice more it would just make it even worse to me.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
You don't sound like someone who wants to be convinced, anyway, but... here's one of the hypest Smash 4 sets this year. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezhasF1zbpA (can't embed because I'm going through some crazy VGC issues)

Nope. The event is maybe impressive, but there could be even 10 times more people with twice larger screens that this would not convince me still.

SpokenTruth said:
Amnesia said:

I have never played more than a total of 10min in my life...(I wanted to say 5 but let's round it to the higher 10)

For me who play SF2X, a game like SSB just looks like an mess, a sort of official polished mugen which owns its success by the massive fan service that it has been doing since the N64.

Proove me with 1 short video, like a tutorial, or a technical article, that the game is technically original, deep, awesome and that it deserves its success.

I'm not even going to link to a video but simply ask you a question.

Can you name me 1 fighting game that has international tournaments that isn't technically original, deep, awesome and deserves its success?

You have a good point here...But I can't answer, last time I have shared my thought I have been banished for 3 days. But....well, to be short : the massive number of fan for me is not a proof of real quality, this is just a proof that social mimetism is not a fictive theory.

If someone here has a deep experience with the game, or..The series I should say, what can he tell me about the balance of so many and so different characters ? Does it always make sens with the complete set of playable characters ?

(If I have opened this thread and asked those question, it is because I wish to get some culture and be a little bit less ignorant...After all, SSBU is the next nuke strike of Nintendo to reach 25M on the FY2018 :D )

Amnesia said: 

But yes, I don't give a fuck about the picture. They could be twice more it would just make it even worse to me.

Even though I don't agree with your opinion, I can kinda see where you're coming from.

Crossovers are cool, but when you have all these characters from these different series/universes, it can get overwhelming to the point where the fanservice is a bit much, and the game ends up feeling like it's too focused on adding the next big wig.

Might be a dumb analogy, but it's like trying to make this amazing sundae, but you're so focused on adding all these toppings, that you can't even see the ice cream anymore.

I'm actually not a huge fan of all the guest appearances in Mario Kart 8, having Link, Animal Crossing characters, Inklings, and an F-Zero track was a bit much IMO.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qxVDOc-oV8