By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spiderman PS4 Review Thread - Currently 87 Metacritic (97 Reviews)

What will be the final Metacritic score Average?

>94 14 9.66%

90-94 48 33.10%

85-89 68 46.90%

80-84 13 8.97%

75-79 0 0%

70-74 2 1.38%

<70 0 0%

Total:145

User predictions:

zombie9ers 93
taus90 91
melbye 97
qwark 92
errorist76 89
pachofilauri 90
train wreck 88
coktoe 90

8 votes total - average score prediction: 91.25

Around the Network

91/100

I think that their ambition and possible half-assed execution of some minor features could bring the score down somewhat, but it'll score high for sure. Previews have all been mostly immensely positive. I think around 90 seems likely at this point, higher if they pull off most of the details. Possibly in the mid-90's if that's the case. I'll say 90.

Mummelmann said:
I think that their ambition and possible half-assed execution of some minor features could bring the score down somewhat, but it'll score high for sure. Previews have all been mostly immensely positive. I think around 90 seems likely at this point, higher if they pull off most of the details. Possibly in the mid-90's if that's the case. I'll say 90.

"possible half-assed execution of some minor features"

Just curious what you were referring to here

Around the Network

Zombie9ers said:
Mummelmann said:

The game is massive, it's crazy ambitious and has lots and lots of features and gameplay elements. If some are simple padding or poorly fleshed out, a few points may be deducted. When I say "possible", that's just what it is, it's a possibility, much as the one that they pull off every aspect of the game more or less flawlessly and get an even higher score.

85 due to massive downgrade. Despite this it will be a good game. 

"Every day I look in the mirror and ask myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?". If the answer is no for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something"

Steve Jobs

I'm going with a more conservative 86.

Mummelmann said:
Zombie9ers said:

The game is massive, it's crazy ambitious and has lots and lots of features and gameplay elements. If some are simple padding or poorly fleshed out, a few points may be deducted. When I say "possible", that's just what it is, it's a possibility, much as the one that they pull off every aspect of the game more or less flawlessly and get an even higher score.

Understood- but I think Insomniac won't let us down.  Everything I've seen so far has me convinced this is going to be another masterpiece and will join the ranks of God of War, Bloodborne, Uncharted, Last of Us, etc.  I watched some great developer interviews with Insomniac during E3 talking about how they want to raise the bar and be up there with the Naughty Dogs and Santa Monicas of the world- I think they will deliver.