By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Spiderman PS4 Review Thread - Currently 87 Metacritic (97 Reviews)

What will be the final Metacritic score Average?

>94 14 9.66%

90-94 48 33.10%

85-89 68 46.90%

80-84 13 8.97%

75-79 0 0%

70-74 2 1.38%

<70 0 0%

Total:145

Man, GoW I predicted the score exactly and was pretty on point with sales, but I’m having a hard time with Spider-Man.

I guess I’ll go with 89. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up anywhere from 86 to 92.

Around the Network

95 or higher. Insomniac has never gotten to work on an IP with a lot of critical potential. Platformers like Spyro/Ratchet aren't big epic ideas along the lines of other GotD contenders like BotW, Horizon, or GoW. Resistance was just a paint by numbers FPS game with scary monsters.

Spider-Man on the other hand is a big open world game starring a much loved iconic character. It'll be like Arkham City, except web swinging will be to the Open World Super Hero genre, what climbing and gliding (in BotW) did for the Open World Genre. Oh and it'll be both taller and bigger than Arkham City.

Anyway, it'll get stupidly high review scores, and a sequel will almost certainly come out early on in PS5's life cycle.

User predictions (single score only):

zombie9ers 93
taus90 91
melbye 97
qwark 92
errorist76 89
pachofilauri 90
train wreck 88
coktoe 90
random_matt 87
dr.vita 91
mummelmann 90
oneeee-chan!!! 93
manuelogando40 85
barkley 86
jranation 91
eric2048 91
mr_no 87
hiku 93
kyuu 88
pikashoe 87
farsala 88
handofprometheus 87
zodiarkrebirth 93
mar1217 90
finalrpgfantasy89
pokoko 85
asriel 89
kerotan 92
jrpgfan 92
bristow9091 88
pitzy272 89

31 votes total - average score prediction: 89.7

Cerebralbore101 said:
95 or higher. Insomniac has never gotten to work on an IP with a lot of critical potential. Platformers like Spyro/Ratchet aren't big epic ideas along the lines of other GotD contenders like BotW, Horizon, or GoW. Resistance was just a paint by numbers FPS game with scary monsters.

Spider-Man on the other hand is a big open world game starring a much loved iconic character. It'll be like Arkham City, except web swinging will be to the Open World Super Hero genre, what climbing and gliding (in BotW) did for the Open World Genre. Oh and it'll be both taller and bigger than Arkham City.

Anyway, it'll get stupidly high review scores, and a sequel will almost certainly come out early on in PS5's life cycle.

wanna go with 95, or something higher?

Zombie9ers said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

wanna go with 95, or something higher?

Put me down for 95. 

Around the Network

92 seems realistic, really hyped for this game, can’t wait

20M units LTD!!! XD

I'm going with 90.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

91 for me ^^

I will go with solid 92. This game has everything that games with superheroes needs. It will be weird if this score lower than Arkham City.

By far PS4 SP has outrank combat system, it looks better and more smooth. So in travelling. I think that this game has the best travelling system in all games we have seen with open worlds and it's so damn good and seems to be ver enjoyable.

And this big content above 20 costumes in game. Ye this is Insomniac game. Their biggest game in history.

Now everything in gamers hands. They will decide if they want another Parker adventures or brand new superhero game.