By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Justin Trudeau clashes with eldery lady over illegal immigration: 'you Madame will have no place here'

Justin Trudeau

...dresses well 9 23.08%

...speaks French 8 20.51%

...invented peoplekinds 4 10.26%

... is the son of Fidel Castro 18 46.15%

Total:39
contestgamer said:
Radek said:

Vietnamese people are hard working people that easily integrate and don't commit  many crimes.

People really like Vietnamese immigrants and there's plenty of them in my city in Poland.

Now immigrants from Muslim countries are a different thing entirely...

Exactly what I was getting at. You emigrated from HK, that's totally different than the immigrants this old woman is talking about. You cant generalize from your experience to theirs, they're different cultures.

They are different cultures, I agree. However, back in the 70s and 80s, Vietnamese immigrants faced the same sort of backlash others get today.

It sucks that their are rotten apples for sure and they only make others of their kind look bad, but we can't generalize them and say that they're all the same.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
PwerlvlAmy said:
Hes says hes tolerant to all perspectives, but then says shes not welcomed there because of her perspective. Hmm.

That is called the Paradox of Tolerance.  The tolerant cannot be tolerant of intolerance itself lest the intolerant will take over.  So to maintain tolerance, intolerance cannot be tolerated.

so... basically you're trying to rationalise intolerance and exclusion... isn't that bigotry?

Megiddo said:

I think one of my favorite things about the Youtube comments is that they don't realize what Trudeau is saying by "there will be terrorist attacks". Here's a hint, he's not talking about radical Islamic extremists. He's talking about white supremacists. He's saying that if this bigoted viewpoint of anti-immigrants is tolerated and fostered, then there will be violent attacks against immigrants, terrorist attacks.

can you point to any that have occurred recently? as opposed to all of the islamic people blowing themselves up in crowded areas?

Canada needs to take in more refugees. There's only 36~million people in canada meanwhile Africa has 1.28 billion. Come on Trudeau, you can accommodate another 100 million people.

o_O.Q said:
Megiddo said:

I think one of my favorite things about the Youtube comments is that they don't realize what Trudeau is saying by "there will be terrorist attacks". Here's a hint, he's not talking about radical Islamic extremists. He's talking about white supremacists. He's saying that if this bigoted viewpoint of anti-immigrants is tolerated and fostered, then there will be violent attacks against immigrants, terrorist attacks.

can you point to any that have occurred recently? as opposed to all of the islamic people blowing themselves up in crowded areas?

Speaking specifically about Canada, last year the Quebec City Mosque Shooting killed six and injured 19 others.

Overall, between 1980 and mid-2017, Right Wing Extremists killed 30 people in Canada while Islamists killed 2 (the numbers fluctuate a bit by definition, but the general pattern remains the same).

https://www.macleans.ca/news/canada/the-rights-terrorism-problem/

Around the Network
Xeon said:
TheLastStarFighter said:

Did you enter illegally?

My parents fled Vietnam and claimed refugee status in Hong Kong. I was born there then got sponsored to Canada. So no, it was legal for me. But my parents, not so much.

So you support illegal immigration?  Most immigrants I know dislike when people cheat a system they had to work within.

Radek said:

Trudeau is a clown, good video about current situation in Canada.

Are you able to post the link? I cannot see embedded videos on mobile.

sundin13 said:
o_O.Q said:

Speaking specifically about Canada, last year the Quebec City Mosque Shooting killed six and injured 19 others.

Overall, between 1980 and mid-2017, Right Wing Extremists killed 30 people in Canada while Islamists killed 2 (the numbers fluctuate a bit by definition, but the general pattern remains the same).

Looking at the wikipedia entries, there are way more islamic terror attack attempts that far right attacks - wikipedia only has 1 (the one you mentioned).

Lawlight said:
sundin13 said:

Looking at the wikipedia entries, there are way more islamic terror attack attempts that far right attacks - wikipedia only has 1 (the one you mentioned).

Look at fatalities for the Islamic terror attacks. There aren't many.

Lawlight said:
Radek said:

Trudeau is a clown, good video about current situation in Canada.

Are you able to post the link? I cannot see embedded videos on mobile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_mO2abmCho