By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2018: The New England Patriots win Super Bowl LIII

Who Will Win Super Bowl LIII?

Saints 5 21.74%

Chiefs 2 8.70%

Rams 3 13.04%

Patriots 9 39.13%

Cowboys 2 8.70%

Chargers 1 4.35%

Eagles 1 4.35%

Colts 0 0%

Total:23
MTZehvor said:
Holy shit they actually did it. I halfway didn't believe I made the pick that I did, but damn, the Browns finally pulled it off.

Only because the football gods did Cleveland a favor and took the game out of Hue Jackson's hands. 

Around the Network

Fuck this sport.

RolStoppable said:
Cleveland's backup QB saved the day. Apparently a couple of minutes of play in the first half made him the passing leader overall by half time, because the other two QBs on the field sucked so hard.

In any case, a mightily impressive debut by Mayfield. Now the question is if Hue Jackson will hand over the reins to the rookie - which is what everyone wants - or if he will stick with Taylor who has done more harm than help in the two and a half games he played.

Through only three games, the Browns of 2018 have had more positive results than the Browns of 2016 and 2017 combined throughout their entire seasons.

They honestly should be 3-0. Despite terrible QB play, Vikings level kicking, and stale offensive play calling, they were in position to win against both the Steelers and the Saints. The D is legit, and they have some pretty nice players at key skill positions. 

In a division that looks pretty wide open atm, the Browns could potentially make the playoffs if Baker plays at a respectable level. 

One really has to question though why Hue Jackson still hasn't been fired as head coach of this team. Seeing this guy talking about how many 'wow' moments he's seen from Baker in practice, and all this shit…..ok....so why haven't you even so much as given him a single first team rep? The fact that he could come in and play as well as he did, down 14-0, never having been given a chance to develop any rhythm with the starters….how does it take an injury to Tyrod for you to give this man - the 1st overall pick at that - an opportunity to prove himself? That's just ridiculous to me.

NYJ@CLE X
BUF@MIN 2
NYG@HOU 2
GB@WAS 1
SF@KC 2
OAK@MIA 1 IND@PHI 2
TEN@JAX 2
CIN@CAR 1
LAC@LAR 2
CHI@ARI 1
DAL@SEA 1
DEN@BAL 1 NO@ATL 2 NE@DET 1
PIT@TB 2 by 6

Fewer good games this week. And why the fuck do the networks here in California keep ramming the NFC East down our throats? I don't want to suffer more Cowboys games!!!

Here are my bets going forward this week. I'm already making some money from last week. Wish me luck

New York Jets at Cleveland (-3) - Cleveland - W
New Orleans at Atlanta (-3) - Atlanta
San Francisco at Kansas City (-5) - Kansas
Oakland at Miami (-4.5) - Miami
Buffalo at Minnesota (-16.5) - Buffalo
Green Bay (-2.5) at Washington - Washington
Cincinnati at Carolina (-3) - Carolina
Denver at Baltimore (-5.5) - Baltimore
New York Giants at Houston (-3.5) - Houston
Los Angeles Chargers at Los Angeles Rams (-7) - Rams
Chicago (-4.5) at Arizona - Chicago
New England (-7) at Detroit - Detroit
Pittsburgh (-3) at Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay.

Around the Network
NYJ@CLE  1 BUF@MIN  2 NYG@HOU  2 GB@WAS  1
SF@KC  2 OAK@MIA  2 IND@PHI  2 TEN@JAX  2
CIN@CAR  1 LAC@LAR  2 CHI@ARI  1 DAL@SEA  2
DEN@BAL  2 NO@ATL  2 NE@DET  1 PIT@TB

2 by 14

Snoopy said:

Here are my bets going forward this week. I'm already making some money from last week. Wish me luck

New York Jets at Cleveland (-3) - Cleveland - W
New Orleans at Atlanta (-3) - Atlanta
San Francisco at Kansas City (-5) - Kansas
Oakland at Miami (-4.5) - Miami
Buffalo at Minnesota (-16.5) - Buffalo
Green Bay (-2.5) at Washington - Washington
Cincinnati at Carolina (-3) - Carolina
Denver at Baltimore (-5.5) - Baltimore
New York Giants at Houston (-3.5) - Houston
Los Angeles Chargers at Los Angeles Rams (-7) - Rams
Chicago (-4.5) at Arizona - Chicago
New England (-7) at Detroit - Detroit
Pittsburgh (-3) at Tampa Bay - Tampa Bay.

...so...you took the time to post your picks against the spread, but not the time to post picks for the prediction league?

NYJ@CLE -
BUF@MIN 2
NYG@HOU 2
GB@WAS 1
SF@KC 2
OAK@MIA 2
IND@PHI 2
TEN@JAX 2
CIN@CAR 2
LAC@LAR 2
CHI@ARI 1
DAL@SEA 2
DEN@BAL 2
NO@ATL 2
NE@DET 1
PIT@TB  2 by 17

NYJ@CLE X BUF@MIN 2 NYG@HOU 2 GB@WAS 1
SF@KC 2 OAK@MIA 2 IND@PHI 2 TEN@JAX 2
CIN@CAR 2 LAC@LAR 2 CHI@ARI 1 DAL@SEA 1
DEN@BAL 1 NO@ATL 2 NE@DET 1 PIT@TB 2 by 10

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos

I nearly changed my pick to Buffalo.... please don't let me down Vikings.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)