By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sports Discussion - The NFL Thread 2018: The New England Patriots win Super Bowl LIII

Who Will Win Super Bowl LIII?

Saints 5 21.74%

Chiefs 2 8.70%

Rams 3 13.04%

Patriots 9 39.13%

Cowboys 2 8.70%

Chargers 1 4.35%

Eagles 1 4.35%

Colts 0 0%

Total:23

I'm feeling pretty confident about the Patriots' chances heading into Jacksonville this week (at least, so long as Gronk can play the whole game this time). I feel like our defense is better set up to get pressure on Bortles and keep him from just sitting in the pocket all day like he did in the AFCG last year. Time will tell if that feeling's warranted, but I think if the Giants could hold the Jags to 20 points, we should be able to as well, and I think that'll be enough for a win.

Around the Network

BAL@CIN X CLE@NO 2
LAC@BUF 1
KC@PIT 2
IND@WAS 1 MIA@NYJ 2 PHI@TB 1 CAR@ATL 1
HOU@TEN 1 MIN@GB 1 ARI@LAR 2
DET@SF 1
NE@JAX 1 OAK@DEN 2
NYG@DAL 1
SEA@CHI SEA by 3

BAL@CIN 1 CLE@NO 2 LAC@BUF 1 KC@PIT 2
IND@WAS 2 MIA@NYJ 2 PHI@TB 1 CAR@ATL 1
HOU@TEN 1 MIN@GB 2 ARI@LAR 2 DET@SF 1
NE@JAX 1 OAK@DEN 1 NYG@DAL 1 SEA@CHI 1 by 14

BAL@CIN 1
CLE@NO 2
LAC@BUF 1
KC@PIT 2
IND@WAS 2
MIA@NYJ 2
PHI@TB 1
CAR@ATL 1
HOU@TEN 2
MIN@GB 1
ARI@LAR 2
DET@SF 2
NE@JAX 1
OAK@DEN 1
NYG@DAL 2
SEA@CHI 1 by 10

So many injured Seahawks... and it is only week 2...

Around the Network
BAL@CIN X
CLE@NO 2
LAC@BUF 1
KC@PIT 1
IND@WAS 2
MIA@NYJ 1
PHI@TB 2
CAR@ATL 2
HOU@TEN 1 MIN@GB 1 ARI@LAR 2
DET@SF 2
NE@JAX 2 OAK@DEN 2
NYG@DAL 1
SEA@CHI CHI by 10

A lot of actually-potentially-fun games this week, from the looks of it. I choose to believe in Fitzmagic (did you know he went to Hahverd?). I choose to believe that the Steelers' tie with the Browns wasn't just nerves from the OverPowering Crowd of The Cleve. I choose to believe that Matthew Stafford remains overrated, and that Bellicheat continues to bear nothing but poisonous fruit. I choose to believe that the Jaguars will murder Tom Brady, causing a win for humanity regardless of the final score. I choose to believe that Mark Davis is an idiot who will have to sell the franchise because of idiotic decisions like the Gruden contract. But above all, I choose to believe that some day, somewhere, some how, there will come a day when the networks stop trying to force-feed us the shit that is NFC East games in prime time, as they are wont to do time and again and again.

Go Pack, please don't let Rodgers die.

BAL@CIN 1
CLE@NO 2
LAC@BUF 1
KC@PIT 2
IND@WAS 2
MIA@NYJ 2
PHI@TB 1
CAR@ATL 2
HOU@TEN 1
MIN@GB 2*
ARI@LAR 2
DET@SF 2
NE@JAX 1
OAK@DEN 2
NYG@DAL 2
SEA@CHI 2 by  10

My Minny-GB pick is based on whether Rogers starts.

Rogers starts at QB for the Packers = I pick GB

Rogers does not start = I pick Minny

That being said, I actually expect the Vikings to get by either way, but the NFL is the one thing in life that makes me superstitious. I keep picking the Vikings to lose on the road in big matchups the past couple of seasons, and they keep winning, and I am a Vikings fan first and foremost. I will gladly take L's in this prediction league to help Minny out. SKOL!!!!

Eh, I want so badly to pick Buffalo to upset the Chargers, especially with J. Bosa out, but good gawd did they look like they had the second and third string placekick holders playing QB last week. Chargers are abysmal on the road in September, but the Bills will help them look a little better today.

BAL@CIN 2
CLE@NO 2
LAC@BUF 1
KC@PIT 2
IND@WAS 2
MIA@NYJ 1
PHI@TB 1
CAR@ATL 2
HOU@TEN 1
MIN@GB 1
ARI@LAR 2
DET@SF 1
NE@JAX 2
OAK@DEN 2
NYG@DAL 2
SEA@CHI  SEA by  13

RolStoppable said:
gergroy said:
So many injured Seahawks... and it is only week 2...

I know it isn't easy to accept the truth, but...

The Seahawks O-line isn't injured. Those guys are just plain bad.

Well... one of them is... but yeah... I know...

BAL@CIN 1 CLE@NO 2 LAC@BUF 1 KC@PIT 2
IND@WAS 1 MIA@NYJ 2 PHI@TB 1 CAR@ATL 2
HOU@TEN 1 MIN@GB 2 ARI@LAR 2 DET@SF 1
NE@JAX 1 OAK@DEN 2 NYG@DAL 1 SEA@CHI  1 by 3 

I have lived as a warrior. I have died as a god. Having suffered the ultimate sacrifice, I have been denied release. I...I will defeat Olympus. I will have my revenge

--Kratos