By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Tennis Aces + 1-2-Switch Walmart-exclusive Nintendo Switch Bundle Announced

I may be underestimating Mario Tennis, but these seems like a garbage bundle to me. Why not bundle in a game that people actually want like Zelda or Mario Kart?

Around the Network

Seeing as how 1-2 Switch is already at over 2 million units shipped/digital, Nintendo has already made their money back and then some with that game. So, I wouldn’t be surprised if they just went “Ah to hell with it. It’s not like we’ll be losing much money anyways.”

Barkley said:
Oh NO! Now they're bundling 1-2-Switch it's sales are going to go even HIGHER.

It'll be at 4m in no time!

The nightmare continues! :D

The_Liquid_Laser said:
I may be underestimating Mario Tennis, but these seems like a garbage bundle to me. Why not bundle in a game that people actually want like Zelda or Mario Kart?

Because they want to promote and push most recent 1st party release that stands to benefit more from a bundle than two of their biggest games that are going to sell regardless.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Mario Tennis released on June 22 and by June 30 was over 1 million, seems like a game people want.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
PAOerfulone said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Because they want to promote and push most recent 1st party release that stands to benefit more from a bundle than two of their biggest games that are going to sell regardless.

The best games to bundle are the ones that will sell regardless.  Bundles aren't about selling the software.  They are about selling the hardware and increasing the install base.  Games that sell regardless make the hardware the most attractive.

zorg1000 said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

Mario Tennis released on June 22 and by June 30 was over 1 million, seems like a game people want.

Yeah, I know it is doing well for a tennis game.  Like I said, I may be underestimating Mario Tennis, but I don't think it is on the level of Zelda or Mario Kart or Splatoon 2.

Well this wont do anything, I mean it's kinda pointless unless you believe 1-2 Switch is worth anything. As many have said, they will surely have real bundles this holiday.

1-2 Switch is the tech demo to show what the joycons are able to do.

You guys got it all wrong. We aren't given 1-2 Switch for free, we are getting mario tennis for only $10. :P

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Either way, it's a way to start off with a Switch and a couple of games, easier for parents to buy that for their kids rather than the machine with nothing. Then the kids can disregard both those games and download fortnite for free from the store and play that for hundreds of hours.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive