By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Trumps Approval Outpace Reagan, Clinton and Carter

Do you Approve of President Trump?

Yes 42 39.62%

No 59 55.66%

In the middle. 5 4.72%

Total:106
Megiddo said:
o_O.Q said:

the employment numbers for black people are higher now than they were at the end of the obama presidency, that's fact

and i'm saying that shows that the black community has a lot to be thankful for when it comes to trump

he's grabbing the problem of unemployment by the horns and wrestling it to the ground, like a bull fighter or something

I'm not sure if you understand basic math or what seems to be the issue, but President Obama did far more to improve unemployment than President Trump has done. That's reality. Don't you want to live in reality instead of make believe?

"President Obama did far more to improve unemployment than President Trump has done."

good, that's a claim... what are you basing that on? because its not the employment statistics

"Don't you want to live in reality instead of make believe?"

i'm living in make believe by basing my conclusions on actual statistics? really?

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
o_O.Q said:

nothing you've posted contradicts the claim that employment numbers are lower now than they were under obama and it actually confirms that employment numbers fell under obama initially

Do you not know what a trend is?

Look at the graph below. Tell me what that means to you.

from your own link:

"Economists warn that the U.S. President has limited impact on the wider economy, and that it can take a long time to understand what, if any, effect a given policy has had on the economy."

how dishonest do you have to be to cherry pick from your source when it suits you, then disregard it when it doesn't?

never mind the that you are just making an assertion with no factual backing whatsoever

o_O.Q said:
Megiddo said:

I'm not sure if you understand basic math or what seems to be the issue, but President Obama did far more to improve unemployment than President Trump has done. That's reality. Don't you want to live in reality instead of make believe?

"President Obama did far more to improve unemployment than President Trump has done."

good, that's a claim... what are you basing that on? because its not the employment statistics

i'm living in make believe by basing my conclusions on actual statistics? really?

When Obama took office the unemployment was 7.8%. It peaked at 10%. When Obama left office unemployment was at 4.8%. That means Obama cut employment by 3% from when he took office and by over 5% from the peak of the financial crisis he inherited.

When Trump took office the unemployment was 4.7%. It is now 3.9%. That means Trump has cut unemployment by .8%, far less than president Obama.

I know math is hard, but man, you gotta make that effort! Otherwise you just look like an idiot.

Megiddo said:
o_O.Q said:

When Obama took office the unemployment was 7.8%. It peaked at 10%. When Obama left office unemployment was at 4.8%. That means Obama cut employment by 3% from when he took office and by over 5% from the peak of the financial crisis he inherited.

When Trump took office the unemployment was 4.7%. It is now 3.9%. That means Trump has cut unemployment by .8%, far less than president Obama.

I know math is hard, but man, you gotta make that effort! Otherwise you just look like an idiot.

"I know math is hard, but man, you gotta make that effort! Otherwise you just look like an idiot."

"When Trump took office the unemployment was 4.7%. It is now 3.9%. That means Trump has cut unemployment by .8%, far less than president Obama."

the guy comparing ~1 and a half years to ~8 years is criticising my math skills lmao

hopefully when trump's two terms are up he'll cut unemployment down to 0.0001%

I'm comparing one president to another, because that's what you did in your claim that black people owe more to President Trump due to unemployment figures. I merely schooled you on which president actually did more for bringing down unemployment. You're welcome for the education and I do hope you decide to stay in reality and not make believe. Though seeing how you struggled with basic math, I doubt that will happen.

Around the Network
Megiddo said:

I'm comparing one president to another, because that's what you did in your claim that black people owe more to President Trump due to unemployment figures. I merely schooled you on which president actually did more for bringing down unemployment. You're welcome for the education and I do hope you decide to stay in reality and not make believe. Though seeing how you struggled with basic math, I doubt that will happen.

the point i'm making is that you're comparing ~1.5 years to 8 years... uh do you not see the problem there math god? i mean are you really being serious right now?

I'm not the one making that comparison. That was you. By saying that Trump did more for the unemployment rate you opened up that comparison.

Because what you're saying is that improving unemployment by .8% is doing more than improving unemployment by 3-5%.

Now if you walk back your post and say only referring to the first 1.5 years of a president's term then that's fine. Go ahead and do so because your initial post was so laughably wrong I had to educate you.

Megiddo said:
I'm not the one making that comparison. That was you. By saying that Trump did more for the unemployment you opened up that comparison.

Because what you're saying is that improving unemployment by .8% is doing more than improving unemployment by 3-5%.

Now if you walk back your post and say only referring to the first 1.5 years of a president's term then that's fine. Go ahead and do so because your initial post was so laughably wrong I had to educate you.

"Because what you're saying is that improving unemployment by .8% is doing more than improving unemployment by 3-5%."

i never said that, what i said specifically is that more black people are employed now than when obama was president... that was my comparison

i never stated that over the course of his presidency employment under trump has risen to greater numbers than under obama as you did because that would be retarded since he's only been in office for a year or so

attributing something to me that i never said and attacking that strawman is not the same thing as disproving a point that i've made... you understand that right?

"Now if you walk back your post and say only referring to the first 1.5 years of a president's term then that's fine."

again where in any of my posts can you quote me referring to the future as if i have a time machine? lmao are you serious?

You stated, and I quote, "trump has done more for black people than obama, going by the employment numbers... that in itself says a lot about the situation"

Now do you fully believe that improving unemployment by .8% is better than 3-5%? Because that's what the above sentence says.

Written in long form, "Going by employment numbers, from the start of Trump's term unemployment has dropped from 4.7% to 3.9% which is a .8% drop. This is more than what happened to unemployment under Obama which went from 7.8% to 4.8% from the start of his term to when he left office".

Are you telling me that you not only have an issue with math but also English? Because that's what you're stating when you say that Trump has done more than Obama in terms of the unemployment rate.

Last edited by Megiddo - on 15 August 2018

And here I am, still waiting for WW3, the destruction of america as we know it and mass movement of celebrities from US to Canada. I guess Ive been fooled...