By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Software, 30th June 2018

alejollorente10 said:
Jranation said:

Does the 86.9 include digital sales? And Sales from digital only games (Indie games)? 

Great hold for MTA!!! 

Does the 86.9 include digital sales? R/ Yes

And Sales from digital only games (Indie games)?  R/ No

p0isonparadise said:
Jranation said:

Does the 86.9 include digital sales? And Sales from digital only games (Indie games)? 

Great hold for MTA!!! 

It includes digital but only for games that have also been physically released. So digital-only games are not included. 

Ah okay. Thank  You. And yeaah it should be under tracked since digital sales and shipped quanities wouldn't be that high. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

Wow, Splatoon 2 actually pulled ahead of both Zelda and Mario Odyssey. It will be interesting to see if it can keep this position.

alejollorente10 said:
I have the feeling that Wolfenstein II could be a little undertracked, I can not believe that he sold only a little more than South Park (game that was broken). Although it is also true that its release date was quite bad. One week after Mario Tennis and the same week as Crash Bandicoot.

Regarding Crash Bandicoot, had higher expectations in their sales but it is possible that nobody expected that game to come out on another platform and probably most already have it on PS4.

a game release several months after the other version never have a chance to really show good numbers. Look at crash, get out at the same time as the xbox version, and sell better. 

this is why i really want doom eternal to get on switch the same date as the others, and have a true look at the switch potential for 3rd party AAA games.

Bristow9091 said:
I knew Crash wouldn't sell as well on XBO or Switch, but wasn't expecting them to be this low to be honest...

Low? 138k physical FW for a year-late port of a remaster is "low"? I thought it was pretty damn strong. It will likely pass a million lifetime on Switch, and all thanks to one employee who decided to mess around and port the first level to Switch over the weekend. I sure hope that guy got a raise, his playing around has made the company millions.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 13 August 2018

Wolfenstein 2 opening low on Switch but thats still a late port in a busy release schedule. The game will go on and reach a couple hundred thousand nonetheless.
The good sales of Tropival Freeze makes me hope they will make a new game with King K Rool. I hope they would bring back the darker side to dkc games while already focusing on more core gamers with the gameplay and difficulty.

Fifa 18 and Skyrim coming for 1 milly on Switch.
M+R will eventually reach 3 million at this rate, who would have thought.

Around the Network
Marth said:
And in week 2 Mario Tennis Aces already surpassed the LT sales of the WiiU tennis game.
Currently 17th in the Tennis games ranking.

Other observations on Switch titles:
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe has yet to drop below 50k in a week. It is since release consistently above that line. But this summer it might happen.
In a similar vein. Splatoon has always been over 30k. Same for SMO and BotW that dance around a 40k baseline.
Given the current indications it seems that BotW will have stronger legs than SMO.
Just Dance 2018 for Switch has better legs then Super Bomberman R and Sonic Forces but don't know if those legs will hold when the next iterations releases.
Skyrim and FIFA 18 have a fierce battle for the 1M both with equally strong legs.
Meanwhile ARMS has fallen off hard, going as low as 2,5k in a week. Super Bomberman R, Sonic Forces and Xenoblade Chronicles 2 have also dropped pretty low.

I think SMO will get back the few thousand copies  during the holiday season that Zelda sold more during the year. Mario games have huge boosts for christmas.

Bristow9091 said:
curl-6 said:

Low? 138k physical FW for a year-late port of a remaster is "low"? I thought it was pretty damn strong. It will likely pass a million lifetime on Switch, and all thanks to one employee who decided to mess around and port the first level to Switch over the weekend. I sure hope that guy got a raise, his playing around has made the company millions.

Yes? Also look at the XBO numbers, they're even lower.

138k isn't low though.

We're not talking about a major new game releasing day and date with the PS4 version here, we're talking about a port of a remaster that's already been out for a year on PS4. Low would be if it sold 60k or something.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 13 August 2018

Wolfenstein 2 beat Ys on Switch? Huh, I didn't see that coming. Still, I thought both of them would at least reach the top 10 at launch, a bit dissapointed with their numbers.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

With the next Global Numbers ending July 7th, Breath of the Wild will pass Ocarina of Time on VGC.

Dissapointing sales for crash.

Oh didn't even see wolfenstein 2 on switch all the way down there, pretty abysmal.