By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fortnite Nintendo Switch (undocked), Galaxy S9+, iPhone X Graphics Comparison

Digital Foundary's Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10Xdf0A70SQ

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thought it was very impressive considering this is Switch in handheld mode and that the Galaxy S9 Plus is around almost $1000 with top of the line mobile specs. That's the power of a dedicated gaming handheld.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUrx_WSpT-A

*Switch undocked footage captured with a modded Switch capture card

Last edited by Green098 - on 15 August 2018

Around the Network

Switch in general is a perfect middle ground between mobile and console.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Is it possible that Android Fortnite looks the same low quality on every phone to support the largest install base?

The phone is crippled by all the shitty phones.

It looks like a game on Switch and like crap on the Phone, but the optimization on the last one must be truly awful.

Around the Network
numberwang said:

Is it possible that Android Fortnite looks the same low quality on every phone to support the largest install base?

You actually have three presets.
Low, Medium and High.
Low is 480P, Medium 540P and high is 720P. - Epic settings is actually not available yet (I think, haven't checked in a long time), but I would assume would boost it to 1080P?

In-docked the Switch will drop to 729P with a max of 900P... Undocked however the Switch can fall short of mobile with 720P being the max with drops to 360P. Yuck.

So to me it seems this video is a little disingenuous... The comparison seems extremely off.
Plus we still haven't seen the best from Android yet.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

numberwang said:

Except there are graphics settings low, medium, high, epic.

this is on epic. 

I guess PC Fornite looks low quality on every pc to support the lowest spec PCs possible for large installbase since not many people can have 1000$ graphic cards.

Pemalite said:
numberwang said:

You actually have three presets.
Low, Medium and High.
Low is 480P, Medium 540P and high is 720P. - Epic settings is actually not available yet, but I would assume would boost it to 1080P?

In-docked the Switch will drop to 729P with a max of 900P... Undocked however the Switch can fall short of mobile with 720P being the max with drops to 360P. Yuck.

So to me it seems this video is a little disingenuous... The comparison seems extremely off.
Plus we still haven't seen the best from Android yet.

This is on epic. 

And yeah the switch verison do drop resolution but that doesn’t happen often.

i don’t think it’s disingenuous when the mobile version can stutter and be 10fps at times.

Phones can’t handle high textures and high poly counts. And it’s pretty obvious

That's pretty dope for the Switch.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

BlackBeauty said:
numberwang said:

Except there are graphics settings low, medium, high, epic.

this is on epic. 

I guess PC Fornite looks low quality on every pc to support the lowest spec PCs possible for large installbase since not many people can have 1000$ graphic cards.

Can a  300$ phone run 720p high setting comparable to the S9+?