By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fortnite Nintendo Switch (undocked), Galaxy S9+, iPhone X Graphics Comparison

AHYL88 said:
Bristow9091 said:

But... my phone IS more powerful, just the other day I realised I had over a dozen apps all running at once ALL DAY, wondered why my battery was draining like fuck, but yeah, let's see the Switch run a dozen things at once. Check and mate my good sir! :P 

Well, how much did your phone cost? A Samsung Galaxy S9+ costs more than THREE times the price of a Switch. An article like this has already cropped up before, when the OP compared the Switch to an iPhone X of all things.

Many people get a phone on a contract and ultimately in their eyes, pay nothing.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
AHYL88 said:

Well, how much did your phone cost? A Samsung Galaxy S9+ costs more than THREE times the price of a Switch. An article like this has already cropped up before, when the OP compared the Switch to an iPhone X of all things.

Many people get a phone on a contract and ultimately in their eyes, pay nothing.

Very true, but sadly a lot of people seem to lack common sense these days for thinking they're paying nothing. While yes, we can pay nothing from the start, the amount we have to pay monthly pretty much covers the costs of the phone as well as the contract since the monthly charges are so high to begin with. The Samsung Galaxy S9+ on the network I'm on, Tesco Mobile, is an eye-watering £52.49 a month for 24 months; the total is a massive £1259.76. And that's already one of the least expensive contracts available with meaningful data allowances. The phone is going to be very expensive to own regardless of which direction you go in.

Lawlight said:
We’re comparing a phone to a dedicated gaming device now?

I never see you questioning when people post Xbox One X vs Switch comparisons.

Switch is a hybrid, meaning it shares the strengths & weaknesses of both mobile devices & home consoles so if one comparison is valid than the other is valid by default.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

John2290 said:

Asphalt Legends. I've seen it in person and it is jaw dropping. Its better looking than the crew 2 which its style is most comparable and a few others in its own way and that particular style. It beats many a game I've played on ps4 and I've got over 400 or so now not counting VR titles in my library and tend to dive well into the vast majority of them. Its not the only title either, there are a few other racers, FPS and TPS games, some free to play and some not that would make you think twice,they may not beat anything outright but they wouldn't go amiss on PS4 or X1. 

It's way, way better looking than the games you mentioned. It easily beats The crew on ps4,maybe even Horizon,while not following the style of the sequels and looks more comparable to The crew 2. I'm finding it hard to believe you've played it or you played it on the an underpowered device or have taken Youtube footage at face value because it would clearly be at home among the ps4 and x1 library two or three years in. You'd need to be a blind man not to see it. 

Heavy post-processing and motion blur hide the quality of textures and lack of detail. Try to take a screenshot of it when the game goes into slow motion.

Not that it isn't impressive. But we do know pretty well the specs of smarphones and what they should be capable of.

But I guess it's understandable when you feel compelled to own 400 games on a single platform that you have little time for anything else, including such technicalities.

Digital Foundry has made a comparison.

TLDR: PC > Xbox One X > Playstation 4 Pro > Playstation 4 > Xbox One S > Xbox One > Switch Docked? > Android Epic > iOS > Switch Undocked.

Android:
Epic: 1420x720
Medium: 1387x675
Low: 925x450.

iOS iPhone X: 1461x675

Switch Undocked:
Max: 1280x720.
Min: 640x360.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

When you are at the cellphone level, doesn't matter how expensive it's (and there is a lot of premium charged) it shows it won't be long before Switch will be in a hard place against nextgen PS and Xbox.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Pemalite said:

TLDR: PC > Xbox One X > Playstation 4 Pro > Playstation 4 > Xbox One S > Xbox One > Switch Docked? > Android Epic > iOS > Switch Undocked.

Android:

Switch Undocked:

This video is kinda doo doo. Missing many important informations and straight up WRONG in some of them.

Switch has better LOD, Draw Distance

better models, ambient occlusion, better geometry, etc

list goes on.

zorg1000 said:
Lawlight said:
We’re comparing a phone to a dedicated gaming device now?

I never see you questioning when people post Xbox One X vs Switch comparisons.

Switch is a hybrid, meaning it shares the strengths & weaknesses of both mobile devices & home consoles so if one comparison is valid than the other is valid by default.

Quite common for people defending Switch to forget that it have both S and W for both console and HH. Sure for a lot of people the benefits are much larger while for some others the cons are bigger... but we certainly need to remember it benefits and is hindered by its hybrid nature.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

DonFerrari said:
When you are at the cellphone level, doesn't matter how expensive it's (and there is a lot of premium charged) it shows it won't be long before Switch will be in a hard place against nextgen PS and Xbox.

The 3ds and gameboy weren’t in a hard place against PS3 and Xbox now was it?

Good thing the switch is mobile. On top of that, it’s running a generic mobile soc with fully EXISTING upgradable parts. Unlike Nintendo previous portables with custom chips.

So in reality, Nintendo could update the switch YEARLY if they want. Tegra roadmap exist already. X2 > Xavier> Pegasus > Orin 

BlackBeauty said:
Pemalite said:

Android:

Switch Undocked:

This video is kinda doo doo. Missing many important informations and straight up WRONG in some of them.

Switch has better LOD, Draw Distance

better models, ambient occlusion, better geometry, etc

list goes on.

Are you sure you are more qualified than DF for analysis on pure graphical stuff?