By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fortnite Nintendo Switch (undocked), Galaxy S9+, iPhone X Graphics Comparison

Cerebralbore101 said:
Rab said:
Now let's compare to a $300 phone.. should be good

Let's also compare libraries... should be good. 

You would really want to compare phone librarie with Nintendo and 3rd party Switch library!? :D

Of Course I talking about quality of titles not numbers of titles.

Around the Network

This is really a useless comparison (and kinda sad to compare a console to a phone). Phones are meant to do way more than running games, while the Switch is specifically meant to run games. Of course a gaming console version of Fortnite is gonna look more polished even at 1/3 of the price of the newest phone. Why do you think a PC that is able to run games at PS4-like quality is way more expensive than a PS4? Compare your refigerator with the Switch while you're at it.

John2290 said:
numberwang said:

Is it possible that Android Fortnite looks the same low quality on every phone to support the largest install base?

Yes very much so. Parity is the word of the day. There are racing games on mobile now that exceed many new releases on ps4

I'm having a hard time believing this.

KLAMarine said:
John2290 said:

Yes very much so. Parity is the word of the day. There are racing games on mobile now that exceed many new releases on ps4

I'm having a hard time believing this.

There aren't any. Asphalt 9, the best looking racing game on mobiles, is behind Gran Turismo 6 and Forza Motorsport 4, PS3 and Xbox 360 games in terms of detail while running at half the framerate of those games, but with better post processing and higher resolution. They are nowhere near even cross gen racing games on PS4.

touch controls will always be a no go for me. most annoying thing to use.

if i were to play fortnite, switch would be the way to go for me in this thread.

Around the Network

My phone has bluetooth.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

HintHRO said:
This is really a useless comparison (and kinda sad to compare a console to a phone). Phones are meant to do way more than running games, while the Switch is specifically meant to run games. Of course a gaming console version of Fortnite is gonna look more polished even at 1/3 of the price of the newest phone. Why do you think a PC that is able to run games at PS4-like quality is way more expensive than a PS4? Compare your refigerator with the Switch while you're at it.

The way you say it makes the Phone/PC seem inferior in some way, despite being able to take on multiple tasks.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Phones is like PC , it runs everything but need extra thing to run simple thing, unlike dedicated system like consoles or handled , it's primary function is only to play games, so it doesn't need to be as expensive as Smart Phones.

Miyamotoo said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Let's also compare libraries... should be good. 

You would really want to compare phone librarie with Nintendo and 3rd party Switch library!? :D

Of Course I talking about quality of titles not numbers of titles.

Quality is obviously subjective and will thus differ depending on individual.

With that in mind... The Switch's API and OS is obviously more efficient than what Android has, so will obviously retain a small advantage over current phones, but that will all end very soon.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Bristow9091 said:
cycycychris said:
I hope this can finally put to death the saying that 'muh phone is more powerful than Switch'. Paper stats and real world performance are 2 completely different things. The Switch is really a little beast, Fortnite looks and runs great on it.

But... my phone IS more powerful, just the other day I realised I had over a dozen apps all running at once ALL DAY, wondered why my battery was draining like fuck, but yeah, let's see the Switch run a dozen things at once. Check and mate my good sir! :P 

Well, how much did your phone cost? A Samsung Galaxy S9+ costs more than THREE times the price of a Switch. An article like this has already cropped up before, when the OP compared the Switch to an iPhone X of all things.