By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dr. Eggman in Smash Bros?

CaptainExplosion said:
KLXVER said:

The blurred out green space on the main menu. Someone figured it out.

Can I see a screenshot of it please?

I don't have one. I just heard it from the IGN Nintendo podcast thingy...

Around the Network

Eggman in Smash would be fun. Hopefully not based off Jim Carrey's likeness though. ;)

I'm more leaning towards the possibility of Tails joining the battle, and Shadow showing up as an Echo of Sonic.
But really, I'd have Eggman over Shadow any day of the week.

Nah, I see the heroes vs. villains/rivals theme, but I think Shadow will serve as Sonic's villain/rival. It'd certainly be cool though.

CaptainExplosion said:
HylianSwordsman said:
Nah, I see the heroes vs. villains/rivals theme, but I think Shadow will serve as Sonic's villain/rival. It'd certainly be cool though.

Again, need I remind you of Ow the Edge?

If you mean that you think they wouldn't include Shadow because some people don't like the character for being too "edgy" then I have to remind you that he was an assist trophy. I think it will be Shadow not because he's the more popular character or the one people want more, but because a fair amount of people want him and he'd be really easy to do by making him an echo of Sonic. Robotnik can't be an echo, not even of Bowser Jr., and deserves better anyway. I'd love for him to be in, but he'll be an assist trophy at most.

Also, if edginess is a problem, why does Nintendo include so many edgy skins, like Dark Link, Dark Metaknight, etc.?

His name is Dr. Robotnik. I don't care what anybody says.

Around the Network

I have never been able to get used to calling him Dr. Eggman.

Cerebralbore101 said:
His name is Dr. Robotnik. I don't care what anybody says.

i dont mean to argue with you, but Robotnik was a name specifcally made to market the games in the west, and was even made against the devs original intentions. he was always meant to be called Dr. Eggman

CaptainExplosion said:
HylianSwordsman said:

If you mean that you think they wouldn't include Shadow because some people don't like the character for being too "edgy" then I have to remind you that he was an assist trophy. I think it will be Shadow not because he's the more popular character or the one people want more, but because a fair amount of people want him and he'd be really easy to do by making him an echo of Sonic. Robotnik can't be an echo, not even of Bowser Jr., and deserves better anyway. I'd love for him to be in, but he'll be an assist trophy at most.

Also, if edginess is a problem, why does Nintendo include so many edgy skins, like Dark Link, Dark Metaknight, etc.?

Those aren't nearly as edgy as Shadow. Dark Link and Dark Meta Knight don't brandish machine guns, try to wipe out mankind or shout "Where's that damn fourth Chaos Emerald?!".

Yerm said:

i dont mean to argue with you, but Robotnik was a name specifcally made to market the games in the west, and was even made against the devs original intentions. he was always meant to be called Dr. Eggman

Which still makes no sense. What do eggs have to do with being an evil robot maker? That's why Dr. Robotnik makes so much more sense!

The man is obsessed with Eggs. He built a Death Star modeled on one... and his face!

The Eggman... that's what I am....

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

CaptainExplosion said:
Ganoncrotch said:

The man is obsessed with Eggs. He built a Death Star modeled on one... and his face!

The Eggman... that's what I am....

So you're saying he's Dr. "Eggman" as a reference to a Beetles song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=821i40MxuQk

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

CaptainExplosion said:
Ganoncrotch said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=821i40MxuQk

*smacks you* Answer the question!!

What are "the beetles"? If you mean the Liverpool band from the 1960s? No none of those people were credited in Eggmans theme from Sonic Adventure 2, also.... they aren't called the beetles.