By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dr. Eggman in Smash Bros?

CaptainExplosion said:

Those aren't nearly as edgy as Shadow. Dark Link and Dark Meta Knight don't brandish machine guns, try to wipe out mankind or shout "Where's that damn fourth Chaos Emerald?!".

Yerm said:

i dont mean to argue with you, but Robotnik was a name specifcally made to market the games in the west, and was even made against the devs original intentions. he was always meant to be called Dr. Eggman

Which still makes no sense. What do eggs have to do with being an evil robot maker? That's why Dr. Robotnik makes so much more sense!

Yeah, I don't care what anyone says, Robotnik is the better name, and even if the original Japanese called him Eggman, his official real name is Dr. Ivo Robotnik and Eggman is a nickname. This is per the word of Yuji Naka, by the way, lead programmer of the original Sonic games on Genesis and former head of Sonic Team. Not to mention it just makes sense. No one names their kid Eggman, but it is a fitting nickname.

Edit: Christ, this forum just doesn't allow you to link the Wayback Machine properly...

https://web.archive.org/web/20081012070537/http://www2.sega.com/sonic/globalsonic/post_sonicteam.php?article=nakainterview

There we go. It's at the end of the interview.

Last edited by HylianSwordsman - on 16 August 2018

Around the Network
CaptainExplosion said:

Helps that in Sonic Adventure Sonic greets him by shouting "Look! It's a giant talking egg!", to which Robotnik retorts "I am Dr. Robotnik!!", and in Sonic Adventure 2 we learn his grandfather was the late Gerald Robotnik.

Anyway, let's get back to discussing how Robotnik could be done as a Smash Bros. fighter. What would his taunts be?

PINGAS!

Just kidding. They wouldn't use "Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog" Robotnik. Though imagine the trolling potential if they did. If he made it in, the first thing modders would do would be to change him to YTP Robotnik. Seriously though, probably an evil laugh and this pose:

and probably some evil sounding quote.