By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Ultimate: Is Goku Actually a Possibility? Like Is it Really IMPOSSIBLE?

If Goku is something people want then why not. He might primarily an anime-character but he has had a presence in games since the Famicom. Frankly makes more sense than Snake or Cloud to me

Around the Network

Don't know why people want him in. Lets just add Goofy and Xenomorphs then since its not about gaming anymore...

Mar1217 said:
No. Smash is a collection of gaming icons from Japan mostly.

Goku is an icon of the anime community first, not a video game icon.

This.

I would love to see Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, as a playable fighter in Pokken Tournament. Also as a capture-able in the main title series. Who says that you HAVE to be a Pokemon to be usable in a Pokemon battle?

^This is how this particular Goku in Smash topic always sounds

Well, it definitely isn't impossible. I came up on a video a while ago that mentioned that Sakurai considered James Bond from Golden Eye 007 as a character in Smash. Of course Bond is not a game property. The motion sensor bomb is technically a Bond item from a game that's based off a non-gaming license. So yeah, it may not happen but I wouldn't say it's impossible.

Personally, I would want Goku in for sure, but I understand why fans would want to keep the series sacred with only gaming characters. It's a celebration of game characters and that's something special. I wouldn't want them to go the route of Tekken...because that shit was lame and strange.

Around the Network

Dravenet7 said:
I would love to see Sabrina, the Teenage Witch, as a playable fighter in Pokken Tournament. Also as a capture-able in the main title series. Who says that you HAVE to be a Pokemon to be usable in a Pokemon battle?

^This is how this particular Goku in Smash topic always sounds

I love comments like these. If i were using shrekspongebob i could see this kind of reaction. People are acting like Goku is straight up impossible. We keep pushing up the golden rule of who gets in smash witb every game. Reminds me of pokemon with the ruleset of no new pokemon in the same gen

Ljink96 said:
Well, it definitely isn't impossible. I came up on a video a while ago that mentioned that Sakurai considered James Bond from Golden Eye 007 as a character in Smash. Of course Bond is not a game property. The motion sensor bomb is technically a Bond item from a game that's based off a non-gaming license. So yeah, it may not happen but I wouldn't say it's impossible.

Personally, I would want Goku in for sure, but I understand why fans would want to keep the series sacred with only gaming characters. It's a celebration of game characters and that's something special. I wouldn't want them to go the route of Tekken...because that shit was lame and strange.

Oh i forgot about james bond. This helps the argument even further lmao

As long as the character is Japanese everything is possible.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

tbone51 said: 

I love comments like these. If i were using shrekspongebob i could see this kind of reaction. People are acting like Goku is straight up impossible. We keep pushing up the golden rule of who gets in smash witb every game. Reminds me of pokemon with the ruleset of no new pokemon in the same gen

Look tbone, I like you. I really really do. And if this was one of your bold prediction thread, I'd accept the fact that Goku has at least a 50% chance being in the game. 

Your example in the bold you stated before in the thread, which is where my example

What you state in the bold (which I never heard of because I'm a really big on Pokemon like that) is completely further away from the concept of Goku being in Smash then my reference. And the reason simply is because you're example is akin to saying "Nintendo will never put DLC in a game(s)". I don't know how that reminds you of this.

Doesn't even need to be Sabrina, you could ask for Digimon in Pokken Tournment and make the argument that Negan is in Tekken, so why not? Or Negan's pet or something. Frankly, I blame Negan for giving reigniting all of your hopes, and no I do not know how to spell his name.

Goku is an iconic character. He is not, however, an iconic video game character. I'm not saying that because he was in manga first, then anime, then video games. I'm saying it because Dragon ball games are not iconic other than in the space of "its DBZ!!!", which is fueled directly from the anime/manga. The games, from a gameplay perspective, are critically received by consumers around good. The only knowable exception, gameplay wise, is DBFZ. Which is great, but I'd much rather have a Guilty Gear or BlazeBlue character in that scenario.

Its as possible as Waluigi

Pocky Lover Boy!