By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Most Wanted August Results!

JEMC said:

Yep, you had this conversation a while ago... with me .

The thing is, tho, that the Xbox and PC crowd on this site is smaller than that of Nintendo and Sony fans, and that will obviously have an impact on the final numbers. But by not voting, you (as all the people that don't vote) are only making the situation look worse than it actually is.

But I guess it's easier to complain than to do something about it .

It does by voting. If we have the smaller numbers, the smaller votes aren't suddenly going to dwarf the larger ones. Yes, they can totally stay "£consistent", but that at the end of the day means nothing if that consistency lands them at the small side of the pond for years and years.

I know that tactic, and I'm honestly not going for it . I don't vote because I know the numbers game on here. Me voting does nothing to sway anything and it wouldn't make any substantial increase nor "improve" or make things look "better" than they currently are. 

I guess it's easier to jab than it actually is to accept the smaller numbers . I've already accepted it, and yes I do love to point it out, because I can do that. Mentioning other groups having smaller votes at one time doesn't really do anything either, considering that they dwarf your own group, so there is that as well.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network
Chazore said:
JEMC said:

The thing is, tho, that the Xbox and PC crowd on this site is smaller than that of Nintendo and Sony fans, and that will obviously have an impact on the final numbers. But by not voting, you (as all the people that don't vote) are only making the situation look worse than it actually is.

It does by voting. If we have the smaller numbers, the smaller votes aren't suddenly going to dwarf the larger ones. Yes, they can totally stay "£consistent", but that at the end of the day means nothing if that consistency lands them at the small side of the pond for years and years.

I know that tactic, and I'm honestly not going for it . I don't vote because I know the numbers game on here. Me voting does nothing to sway anything and it wouldn't make any substantial increase nor "improve" or make things look "better" than they currently are. 

I guess it's easier to jab than it actually is to accept the smaller numbers . I've already accepted it, and yes I do love to point it out, because I can do that. Mentioning other groups having smaller votes at one time doesn't really do anything either, considering that they dwarf your own group, so there is that as well.

With the amount of work that goes in those replies to JEMC, you could have voted 5 times

Signature goes here!

TruckOSaurus said:

With the amount of work that goes in those replies to JEMC, you could have voted 5 times

5 times?. :-o

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

Chazore said:
JEMC said:

The problem I see here is that you take this feature as a contest, when it's not. This is not about winning or losing, only fools would take it this way, it's about showing what games each one of us care about.

And sure, the bigger the fanbase, the more votes some games will get, but so what? Are you going to buy a game just because a lot of people voted for it? Of course not! But, and here's the fun thing, you may find a game that only one people has voted for, a game that you haven't heard about, and maybe, just maybe, that will pick your interest and push you to find more about this game. And isn't that great?

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

big downfall for ps4 games

Around the Network

Why did PS4 votes drop by half ?

JEMC said:

The problem I see here is that you take this feature as a contest, when it's not. This is not about winning or losing, only fools would take it this way, it's about showing what games each one of us care about.

And sure, the bigger the fanbase, the more votes some games will get, but so what? Are you going to buy a game just because a lot of people voted for it? Of course not! But, and here's the fun thing, you may find a game that only one people has voted for, a game that you haven't heard about, and maybe, just maybe, that will pick your interest and push you to find more about this game. And isn't that great?

Not really. I see it as more of a table of contents, that show who votes for what and how many votes go into it, not some "1 winner, everyone else a loser" like you seem to think I see it as. WHen you see the results, they speak for themselves, they don't say "loser/winner", they say "popular/not popular" "bigger/Smaller", and we could even use your view "cared/not cared".

If the data didn't really matter then it wouldn't be worth posting, going by the "so what" logic. Am I going to buy a game based on this site's thread topic about voting for games in an odd order?, no, I buy the games I want when I want. I don't even base my purchases on some meta critic site like some folk do on here (and think highly of it as well). I don't look at these votes, big or small and go "I def gotta try that game", because I don't think the way you do, and I don't try to sprinkle rainbows on it for the sake of happy go lucky feelings.

I find out about games on my own accord, not what a pie chart and data sheet shows me on here. I know what you're trying to do with your pov, but I disagree with it outright, and nothing is going to change that, just like it did not the last time. You don't see things my way, I don't see things your way.

axumblade said:

Yes the info is compiled and turned into a list but that shouldn't affect your personal list. A lot of games I've been the only person voting for them but that doesn't mean I am going to stop voting for them. If you don't want to vote, don't vote. But don't come in here complaining about PC numbers if you aren't even contributing. 

It doesn't affect my personal list, mostly because said list doesn't exist on my end due to what is able to be voted for vs what I actually want to vote for, let alone care about to vote for.

Well that's what I usually do. I'm not complaining about the numbers either. This notion that pointing out what is small vs what isn't isn't me complaining. Telling someone it's raining, there is a lot of downpour, people are sure to get wet, isn't complaining, it's pointing out what is or is going to happen. People here have already started talking about PS4 getting less votes, unless the data is correct or not, people are going to assume what is there is there, not what isn't there, and even then that wouldn't be seen nor should it be as a complaint. 

Nobody excited for Divinity 2 original sin?
What is wrong with you guys one of the best RPG's of all time.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Qwark said:
Nobody excited for Divinity 2 original sin?
What is wrong with you guys one of the best RPG's of all time.

Although it's not my top 5, it's on my wish list indeed

God bless You.

My Total Sales prediction for PS4 by the end of 2021: 110m+

When PS4 will hit 100m consoles sold: Before Christmas 2019

There were three ravens sat on a tree / They were as blacke as they might be / The one of them said to his mate, Where shall we our breakfast take?