By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 7 July 2018

p0isonparadise said:

Awful numbers.

PS4 is showing its age, Switch has nothing until the holidays, Xbox is the best box, 3DS is on life support, and Vita means life.

Octopath and captain Toad next week. But I can see from the preorder charts that it's very probably undertracked

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
With the NPD tools thread in place, I was kind of expecting PS4's numbers to downfall a little bit more ? And since Nintendo said it was actually picking up momentum, I thought Switch numbers would increase overall ...

I'm already expecting substantial corrections to these numbers when NPD July gets released.

numbers slowing down, because summertime and missing big hits

well the NPD tool could prove itself this month. I'm not sure who's gonna win July, but it's typically a weak month for hardware sales, at least this gen so far.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Mar1217 said:
With the NPD tools thread in place, I was kind of expecting PS4's numbers to downfall a little bit more ? And since Nintendo said it was actually picking up momentum, I thought Switch numbers would increase overall ...

I'm already expecting substantial corrections to these numbers when NPD July gets released.

I don't know.....people were saying the same thing before Nintendo financial results came out and VGC has been almost spot on. So it could still be the case now.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Around the Network
TheBlackNaruto said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I don't know.....people were saying the same thing before Nintendo financial results came out and VGC has been almost spot on. So it could still be the case now.

Last quarter as a whole was around where it was expected. Some thought Europe was overtracked, but the QR proved them wrong, others hoped it would be more than 20M, but being slightly under was mostly expected, especially with the meeting late June warning about that possibility already.

However, the NPD prediction tool showed a massive rise in Switch sales since the release of MTA and only spiking with the release of Octopath and Captain Toad, while the PS4 sales slumped deeper and deeper, dropping below the XBO for most of the time. Here, it's quite the reverse right now.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Last quarter as a whole was around where it was expected. Some thought Europe was overtracked, but the QR proved them wrong, others hoped it would be more than 20M, but being slightly under was mostly expected, especially with the meeting late June warning about that possibility already.

However, the NPD prediction tool showed a massive rise in Switch sales since the release of MTA and only spiking with the release of Octopath and Captain Toad, while the PS4 sales slumped deeper and deeper, dropping below the XBO for most of the time. Here, it's quite the reverse right now.

Well it is only the start of July so there is no telling what the other weeks will look like. And also we can't forget the impact of Brick and Mortar sales.....those also play a pretty big role.

It's the quiet time for gaming in terms of products and also in terms of sales. The heatwave thats hitting Europe will also have a significant impact on sales. Hopefully the weather will start to cool soon and before you know it, it'll be September and sales will start to go up again.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

TheBlackNaruto said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Well it is only the start of July so there is no telling what the other weeks will look like. And also we can't forget the impact of Brick and Mortar sales.....those also play a pretty big role.

Thing is, the slump in PS4 sales was apparently at least partially due to shortages. If the online stores had shortages, then the brick&mortar ones definitely had, too.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Thing is, the slump in PS4 sales was apparently at least partially due to shortages. If the online stores had shortages, then the brick&mortar ones definitely had, too.

Yeah you do have a point there. I guess NPD will show for sure....speaking of that. Since we JUST got JUNE NPD I wonder when we will get July lol.