By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country music at studio quality, before SNES compression

Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 are famed for their amazing musical scores, and now an enterprising youtuber has used the original samples combined with the music instruction data from the games to recreate the themes as they would have sounded before being compressed down to run within the SNES's technical limitations. Enjoy!

Last edited by curl-6 - on 31 July 2018

Around the Network

No underwater levels? The first underwater theme from the DKC series just takes me right back to being 10 all over again.

Gonna give this a listen later! Good find!

Cerebralbore101 said:
No underwater levels? The first underwater theme from the DKC series just takes me right back to being 10 all over again.

They don't seem to have gotten around to that one yet, I'll keep an eye on the channel.

Stickerbush is even more God tier, wow. And Jungle Groove...you just don't know how much you really missed out on until you hear these. Cool stuff.

Around the Network

Listening to these has made me realize that DKC 1-3 need a total remaster. It shouldn't take that long for Retro Studios to do a really nice remake using assets from Tropical Freeze. It'd be a quick and easy way for Nintendo to get another million seller on Switch.

Oh niccce. This game is probably in my top tier for best video game music ever, so this is awesome! Gonna have to download these!

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

Ah David Wise. The musical genius. Love this!

Awesome! Jungle Groove is one of the best game themes ever created.

This is both beautiful and interesting. I'd like to hear other SNES games' OST like this. Super Metroid, F-Zero and Chronno Trigger would sound amazing.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.