By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Donkey Kong Country music at studio quality, before SNES compression

The channel just posted the DKC1 title theme:

CaptainExplosion said:
David Wise is truly one of the greatest of all time! :D

I'd go so far as to say THE greatest, at least in my humble opinion.

Around the Network

One thing you can't criticize the SNES for was... It's Audio capabilities. - Certainly punched above it's direct competitors and allowed for scores such as these.

Where is my HD remake/remaster of Donkey Kong Coutnry 1-2-3 and Super Metroid, Nintendo?

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Pemalite said:
One thing you can't criticize the SNES for was... It's Audio capabilities. - Certainly punched above it's direct competitors and allowed for scores such as these.

Amen, SNES's sound chip was incredible for the time, it's the earliest system where I feel like its music still sounds great today.

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

Amen, SNES's sound chip was incredible for the time, it's the earliest system where I feel like its music still sounds great today.

It even sounds better than some game soundtracks today. ^^

Agreed, I feel like games with truly memorable soundtracks are something of a rarity these days as modern gaming music kinda focuses more on being ambient/low key rather than drawing attention to itself and being catchy like in the 90s.

CaptainExplosion said:
curl-6 said:

It even sounds better than some game soundtracks today. ^^

The Graphics processor was also a good choice.
Nintendo certainly sacrificed CPU capability for outstanding Audio and Visuals though for that console generation... And in my opinion, I think that was the correct choice as I feel SNES games have aged fantastically.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network

The channel has uploaded some new ones!

Awesome, even though hearing it through compressed down you tube quality over laptop speakers...