By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prefered 3rd Party support on Switch

What would you prefer for 3rd parties on Switch?

No western multiplats, mo... 18 75.00%

No 3rd party exclusives, ... 6 25.00%

Total:24
KLXVER said:
pokoko said:
So now people suddenly like the idea of 3rd party exclusives? Good to know.

They could come to the PS4 and XB1 as well. Just made with the Switch in mind and not just ported after releasing on the other consoles. Im sure games like Octopath Traveler would do well on them.

That would be fine.  I wouldn't have a problem with that.  As long as there aren't technical problems, I don't see the need for games to skip platforms.

Shiken said:
pokoko said:
So now people suddenly like the idea of 3rd party exclusives? Good to know.

If Nintendo fronts the bill and published the game, why not?  Bayonetta 2 and 3 would not exist if not for Nintendo.  Nintendo published Octopath Traveler and helped fund the game.

There is a clear difference between investing and taking part of the publishing process vs simply buying timed exclusive rights for the hell of it.

Besides these are new IPs and collaborations I am talking about, not long standing franchises being locked off of other platforms.  Bayo 3 is the exception, but Sony and MS turned the idea down.  Blame them, not Nintendo.

I don't blame anyone for Bayonetta since I don't care about that game at all.  As for Octopath Traveler being funded by Nintendo, I'd like to read the source for that, please, as I haven't come across that.  Publishing doesn't mean much, though, as console manufacturers would love to publish a game in exchange for exclusivity.  

That's fine, then, but at least make the situation realistic.  If Nintendo is going out and funding third party exclusives then let's make it so Sony and Microsoft are doing the same.  Let's fracture the market.  For example, Sony can publish a franchise like the main Persona series to keep it exclusive.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
KLXVER said:

They could come to the PS4 and XB1 as well. Just made with the Switch in mind and not just ported after releasing on the other consoles. Im sure games like Octopath Traveler would do well on them.

That would be fine.  I wouldn't have a problem with that.  As long as there aren't technical problems, I don't see the need for games to skip platforms.

Shiken said:

If Nintendo fronts the bill and published the game, why not?  Bayonetta 2 and 3 would not exist if not for Nintendo.  Nintendo published Octopath Traveler and helped fund the game.

There is a clear difference between investing and taking part of the publishing process vs simply buying timed exclusive rights for the hell of it.

Besides these are new IPs and collaborations I am talking about, not long standing franchises being locked off of other platforms.  Bayo 3 is the exception, but Sony and MS turned the idea down.  Blame them, not Nintendo.

I don't blame anyone for Bayonetta since I don't care about that game at all.  As for Octopath Traveler being funded by Nintendo, I'd like to read the source for that, please, as I haven't come across that.  Publishing doesn't mean much, though, as console manufacturers would love to publish a game in exchange for exclusivity.  

That's fine, then, but at least make the situation realistic.  If Nintendo is going out and funding third party exclusives then let's make it so Sony and Microsoft are doing the same.  Let's fracture the market.  For example, Sony can publish a franchise like the main Persona series to keep it exclusive.

I cannot find anything on the funding, I read it somewhere but I am starting to think they lacked a source.  As if now, the only thing we know is that it was published by Nintendo.  As for any other part they had in it as well as anything regarding its exclusivity remains a mystery, so it is hard to say beyond that.  It does seem similar to the Sunset overdrive situation with MS though.

And I never said that Sony could not do that.  If they published Persona to keep it exclusive, more power to them.  It may as well be at this point.  Just like MS bought Gears and Nintendo is funding Bayo 3, I am all for it as long as we do not see franchises with established fanbases on a certain console getting screwed over.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Im happy with how it's currently going. Lots of Indies, a handful of AAA, JRPGs and some online centric stuff like Fortnite and Paladins. On the subject of ports, I would happily see a large chunk of PS3/360 games make the system. More choice the better.

I’d get to play them on the go. Wherever and whenever I please. I find that many ch more appealing than more powerful hardware.

Additionally, GTA V and Persona 5 are also on the PS3, where they were orginally developed. 

The Switch is supposed to be more powerful than that system, albeit slightly. So, would they really be ported to a weaker system?

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 31 July 2018

Well since most of my Swtich library is composed of 3rd party titles (like Doom, Sonic Mania, Crash, South Park, Skyrim, L.A. Noire, NBA 2K18), I would go with more 3rd party titles

"Quagmire, are you the type of guy who takes 'no' for an answer ?"
"My lawyer doesn't allow me to answer that question"

PSN ID: skmblake | Feel free to add me

Around the Network

Western games suck. At least the AAA ones do. Western indie games can be pretty good.

Anyway, 3rd party exclusives from Japanese devs would be preferable.

PAOerfulone said:

I’d get to play them on the go. Whereever and whenever I please. I find that many ch more apprali g than more powerful hardeare.

Additionally, GTA V and Persona 5 are also on the PS3, where they were orginally developed. 

The Switch is supposed to be more powerful than that system, albeit slightly. So, would they really be ported to a weaker system?

The Switch is more than slightly more powerful than the PS360...much more.  It is just also a far cry from the X1.  It goes like this...

X1>>>>>>>Switch>>WiiU>>PS360

That is why I find it crazy when people try to say those games cannot run on Switch.  In the case of Persona 5, I believe it is the dev's relationship with Sony regarding the IP.  With GTAV....I have no idea why it has not been announced yet.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

I feel that the issue is more that people dislike later arriving games, like Wolfensetein and Dark Souls, than multiplats in general (an exception being games that released before the console, like DOOM and Skyrim, and timed exclusives like Crash).

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

In this scenario I'd go with exclusives.

Shiken said:
vivster said:
I wish every game on the Switch was 3rd party.

So does that mean no Mario or BotW?  You did say EVERY game.  XD

It does mean that every game on the Switch is multi platform, including the mentioned ones.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.