By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prefered 3rd Party support on Switch

What would you prefer for 3rd parties on Switch?

No western multiplats, mo... 18 75.00%

No 3rd party exclusives, ... 6 25.00%

Total:24

Im happy with how it's currently going. Lots of Indies, a handful of AAA, JRPGs and some online centric stuff like Fortnite and Paladins. On the subject of ports, I would happily see a large chunk of PS3/360 games make the system. More choice the better.

Around the Network

I’d get to play them on the go. Wherever and whenever I please. I find that many ch more appealing than more powerful hardware.

Additionally, GTA V and Persona 5 are also on the PS3, where they were orginally developed. 

The Switch is supposed to be more powerful than that system, albeit slightly. So, would they really be ported to a weaker system?

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 31 July 2018

Well since most of my Swtich library is composed of 3rd party titles (like Doom, Sonic Mania, Crash, South Park, Skyrim, L.A. Noire, NBA 2K18), I would go with more 3rd party titles

Western games suck. At least the AAA ones do. Western indie games can be pretty good.

Anyway, 3rd party exclusives from Japanese devs would be preferable.

PAOerfulone said:

I’d get to play them on the go. Whereever and whenever I please. I find that many ch more apprali g than more powerful hardeare.

Additionally, GTA V and Persona 5 are also on the PS3, where they were orginally developed. 

The Switch is supposed to be more powerful than that system, albeit slightly. So, would they really be ported to a weaker system?

The Switch is more than slightly more powerful than the PS360...much more.  It is just also a far cry from the X1.  It goes like this...

X1>>>>>>>Switch>>WiiU>>PS360

That is why I find it crazy when people try to say those games cannot run on Switch.  In the case of Persona 5, I believe it is the dev's relationship with Sony regarding the IP.  With GTAV....I have no idea why it has not been announced yet.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

I feel that the issue is more that people dislike later arriving games, like Wolfensetein and Dark Souls, than multiplats in general (an exception being games that released before the console, like DOOM and Skyrim, and timed exclusives like Crash).

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

In this scenario I'd go with exclusives.

Shiken said:
vivster said:
I wish every game on the Switch was 3rd party.

So does that mean no Mario or BotW?  You did say EVERY game.  XD

It does mean that every game on the Switch is multi platform, including the mentioned ones.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I'd probably go for the exclusives.

Though I'm very happy that we have both as it is right now.