By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Prefered 3rd Party support on Switch

What would you prefer for 3rd parties on Switch?

No western multiplats, mo... 18 75.00%

No 3rd party exclusives, ... 6 25.00%

Total:24

You forgot one key criteria in your assessment.

Most Nintendo gamers have a Japanese fetish. So that alone will give it a boost.

Western games have never been a strong point even if the game could be better.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:

Most Nintendo gamers have a Japanese fetish. So that alone will give it a boost.

Most JRPGs will be on both PS4/PS5 as well as Switch.  The Switch dominates japan, but most western gamers have a PS4.  As JRPGs continue to grow in popularity in the west, there will always be good reason to bring the games to Playstation as well.  With that in mind, I do not see this as a Switch advantage, just a shared library of games that is inevitable.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:
Cobretti2 said:

Most JRPGs will be on both PS4/PS5 as well as Switch.  The Switch dominates japan, but most western gamers have a PS4.  As JRPGs continue to grow in popularity in the west, there will always be good reason to bring the games to Playstation as well.  With that in mind, I do not see this as a Switch advantage, just a shared library of games that is inevitable.

Im more talking about the Nintendo only games.

Only 3rd party they give a chance is Japanese ones.

Western ones they nit pick little things. or compare apples to oranges to justify why they won't buy

PAOerfulone said:
I would prefer to have all the Western multiplats over exclusives. As well as the Japanese ones.

I anxiously await the day where I can play Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, Sonic, Grand Theft Auto, Assassin's Creed, Final Fantasy, and Persona on the same system.

Would you though. I mean would you get those third party games on a much weaker console?

I would rather have games made for the system. No need to play the newest AAA games on the Switch imo.

Shiken said:
Azuren said:
I mean, there's no reason Switch can't have both. We're at a point with this industry where it's clear the devs making new games aren't the same ones making ports, so there's realistically no reason to have to pick. This is a rare case of having your cake and eating it, too. It's not like we can't have apples because the orange tree is still maturing.

I never said there was a reason not to have both.  I asked IF you had to choose, which one would you pick?  This is a black and white scenario put forth for fun to see what the community would prefer if they could only have one.  Being able to have both or not is irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Ah. Then more exclusive games, since I play my multiplatform games on PS4 for Trophies.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Around the Network

So now people suddenly like the idea of 3rd party exclusives? Good to know.

pokoko said:

They could come to the PS4 and XB1 as well. Just made with the Switch in mind and not just ported after releasing on the other consoles. Im sure games like Octopath Traveler would do well on them.

pokoko said:

If Nintendo fronts the bill and published the game, why not?  Bayonetta 2 and 3 would not exist if not for Nintendo.  Nintendo published Octopath Traveler and helped fund the game.

There is a clear difference between investing and taking part of the publishing process vs simply buying timed exclusive rights for the hell of it.

Besides these are new IPs and collaborations I am talking about, not long standing franchises being locked off of other platforms.  Bayo 3 is the exception, but Sony and MS turned the idea down.  Blame them, not Nintendo.

KLXVER said:
pokoko said:

They could come to the PS4 and XB1 as well. Just made with the Switch in mind and not just ported after releasing on the other consoles. Im sure games like Octopath Traveler would do well on them.

That would be fine.  I wouldn't have a problem with that.  As long as there aren't technical problems, I don't see the need for games to skip platforms.

Shiken said:
pokoko said:

If Nintendo fronts the bill and published the game, why not?  Bayonetta 2 and 3 would not exist if not for Nintendo.  Nintendo published Octopath Traveler and helped fund the game.

There is a clear difference between investing and taking part of the publishing process vs simply buying timed exclusive rights for the hell of it.

Besides these are new IPs and collaborations I am talking about, not long standing franchises being locked off of other platforms.  Bayo 3 is the exception, but Sony and MS turned the idea down.  Blame them, not Nintendo.

I don't blame anyone for Bayonetta since I don't care about that game at all.  As for Octopath Traveler being funded by Nintendo, I'd like to read the source for that, please, as I haven't come across that.  Publishing doesn't mean much, though, as console manufacturers would love to publish a game in exchange for exclusivity.  

That's fine, then, but at least make the situation realistic.  If Nintendo is going out and funding third party exclusives then let's make it so Sony and Microsoft are doing the same.  Let's fracture the market.  For example, Sony can publish a franchise like the main Persona series to keep it exclusive.

pokoko said:
KLXVER said:

That would be fine.  I wouldn't have a problem with that.  As long as there aren't technical problems, I don't see the need for games to skip platforms.

Shiken said:

I don't blame anyone for Bayonetta since I don't care about that game at all.  As for Octopath Traveler being funded by Nintendo, I'd like to read the source for that, please, as I haven't come across that.  Publishing doesn't mean much, though, as console manufacturers would love to publish a game in exchange for exclusivity.  

That's fine, then, but at least make the situation realistic.  If Nintendo is going out and funding third party exclusives then let's make it so Sony and Microsoft are doing the same.  Let's fracture the market.  For example, Sony can publish a franchise like the main Persona series to keep it exclusive.

I cannot find anything on the funding, I read it somewhere but I am starting to think they lacked a source.  As if now, the only thing we know is that it was published by Nintendo.  As for any other part they had in it as well as anything regarding its exclusivity remains a mystery, so it is hard to say beyond that.  It does seem similar to the Sunset overdrive situation with MS though.

And I never said that Sony could not do that.  If they published Persona to keep it exclusive, more power to them.  It may as well be at this point.  Just like MS bought Gears and Nintendo is funding Bayo 3, I am all for it as long as we do not see franchises with established fanbases on a certain console getting screwed over.