By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - Favorite albums of all time

Kalkano said:

It's highly likely that no one here has even heard of my favorite band. I found them through one of those online streaming sites that takes what you like, and makes recommendations based on that.

Dead by April. My favorite album from them is probably "Let the World Know", with my favorite song being "My Tomorrow".

I remember listening to some of their songs last year. I think I got there through Youtube recommendations, because they just released a new song back then. Didn't really get into them though, they are a bit too heavy/screamy for me.

Around the Network
SKMBlake said:

Am I the only one here who loves soul, funk, R&B and disco ? I wasn't expecting so many rock (with all its variations) lovers here

Soul Train played a very important part of my formative years, so I'm familiar with tunes from those genres ( and New Jack Swing! ). But, and I can't stress this enough, I didn't watch it for the music.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I can't really post all of them, but here are a few important ones:

Amorphis - Tuonela

Samael - Passage

In Flames - The Jester Race

Judas Priest - Painkiller
Yes - Close to the Edge
Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Buena Vista Social Club – Buena Vista Social Club
Janelle Monáe - The ArchAndroid
Madonna - Ray of Light
Madonna - Confessions on a Dancefloor
Charles Mingus - Mingus Ah Um
Metallica - Master of Puppets
Metallica - Metallica
Kamasi Washington - The Epic
Kraftwerk - Autobahn
Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express
Kraftwerk - The Man Machine
Paul Simon - Graceland
Paul Simon - The Rhythm of the Saints
Rush - 2112
Rush - Moving Pictures
Alice in Chains - Dirt
Bob Dylan - Blonde on Blonde
Bob Dylan - Blood on the Tracks
Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy
Genesis - Selling England by the Pound
Arcade Fire - The Suburbs
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Heart Club Band
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
The Who - Who’s Next
The Doors - The Doors
Patti Smith - Horses
David Bowie - Black Star
Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
Kendrick Lamar - To Pimp a Butterfly
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power
Paul Van Dyke - Out There and Back
Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
Agalloch - Ashes Against the Grain
Megadeth - Peace Sells, but Who's Buying?
Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun
Tori Amos - Little Earthquakes
Deep Purple - Machine Head
Kate Bush - The Hounds of Love
John Coltrane - A Love Supreme

Anything by TayLord Swift

Around the Network

Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Guns N Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Propagandhi - How to Clean Everything

Notorious BIG - Life After Death

SKMBlake said:

Am I the only one here who loves soul, funk, R&B and disco ? I wasn't expecting so many rock (with all its variations) lovers here

I like all of those genres, probably funk the most.  But, the OP asked about favorite albums.  It just so happens that my favorite albums are much more limited than my overall musical interests.  

Flilix said:
Kalkano said:

It's highly likely that no one here has even heard of my favorite band. I found them through one of those online streaming sites that takes what you like, and makes recommendations based on that.

Dead by April. My favorite album from them is probably "Let the World Know", with my favorite song being "My Tomorrow".

I remember listening to some of their songs last year. I think I got there through Youtube recommendations, because they just released a new song back then. Didn't really get into them though, they are a bit too heavy/screamy for me.

The funny thing is, while they do scream quite a bit, their lead singer also sounds like he could be one of the Backstreet Boys.

Currently Replaying: Baten Kaitos

Pink Floyd - The Wall
Gorillaz - Demon Days
Moby - Play & Play: B Sides
Queens of the Stone Age - Lullabies to Paralyze
UNKLE - End Titles... Stories for Film
Primal Scream - Screamadelica
Muse - Black Holes and Revelations
Muse - Absolution

drbunnig said:
Jumpin said:

Not sure my favourites, I'll list some that I like a lot that I can think of right now:

How very Gen X of me.

What do you reckon to Janelle Monáe's last two? I really liked The Electric Lady, although I haven't given the latest one enough time yet.

I like them both a lot, but not as much as her first two... or rather, they haven't grown on me as much as the first two; I didn't listen to them virtually every day for weeks.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.