By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why does GT not get any acclaim in mainstream media?

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Do you see the flaw in your logic? That means every game that came out bare bones should be re-reviewed because of patches. First impressions go along way with critics. It also pressures devs to not release rushed products at launch and fix them later. A review should stick to show the industry that we as gamers wont stand for mediocre products and unfinished games.

GTS is no different to FM5 which copped the exact same criticism. Now unless PD re-release the game like SFV than it might get some attention from some reviewers, but in the face of the industry, the damage has already been done.

Someone defending a game should be reviewed when it changes significantly meaning others that go same route should also be given the same treatment? Sure. Still I didn't demand it to be done. And nope, the reviews haven't done a thing to prevent rushed games in the last decade. Bad sales have done it though.

Still your answer have almost nothing to do with your previous claim.

Poor reviews can affect game sales. PS4 was starved a good racing game since launch, so its sales come in through many means. 

Also sales never determines a products quality. Just because a VW Beetle outsells a Porsche does not make a Beetle a better car. If we are comparing the lowest rated Sim Racer with the Best rated Sim racer than you will find why reviewers are giving these scores. 

Do yourself a favor, go watch or read a FM5 review, it will sound very familiar.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

Someone defending a game should be reviewed when it changes significantly meaning others that go same route should also be given the same treatment? Sure. Still I didn't demand it to be done. And nope, the reviews haven't done a thing to prevent rushed games in the last decade. Bad sales have done it though.

Still your answer have almost nothing to do with your previous claim.

Poor reviews can affect game sales. PS4 was starved a good racing game since launch, so its sales come in through many means. 

Also sales never determines a products quality. Just because a VW Beetle outsells a Porsche does not make a Beetle a better car. If we are comparing the lowest rated Sim Racer with the Best rated Sim racer than you will find why reviewers are giving these scores. 

Do yourself a favor, go watch or read a FM5 review, it will sound very familiar.

Sure poor reviews can affect sales. Still that haven't prevented rushed games, EA, Ubi, MS, Sony, Activision and several others keep rushing some games and we see a lot of day 1 patches. Some of those that have the same size of the game itself.

And there is a very big difference between rushed games that need patches to work as intended and making a game that is intended to keep evolving and adding value.

Sure sales doesn't determine quality. Now reread what I said. But for the customers that have two options in the same category (which excludes your exaggerated bettle vs porsche comparison) and also similarly priced, they choose what they see more value (and perhaps quality) for them. So although more sales doesn't determine quality it certainly determines leading, and also value for the customers.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

Sure poor reviews can affect sales. Still that haven't prevented rushed games, EA, Ubi, MS, Sony, Activision and several others keep rushing some games and we see a lot of day 1 patches. Some of those that have the same size of the game itself.

And there is a very big difference between rushed games that need patches to work as intended and making a game that is intended to keep evolving and adding value.

Sure sales doesn't determine quality. Now reread what I said. But for the customers that have two options in the same category (which excludes your exaggerated bettle vs porsche comparison) and also similarly priced, they choose what they see more value (and perhaps quality) for them. So although more sales doesn't determine quality it certainly determines leading, and also value for the customers.

If we give the ok to critics to re-review games than expect every game to release as Beta versions and preview games. Companies do it now but at a cost of hurting there reviews. Imagine if companies found out that reviewers will just review there games again after launch? Its not a good direction.

PS4 and XB1 owners only have 1 choice, and that's the games on there console they brought.

Since racing games haven't been a thing this gen on PS4 its no surprise GTS sold this much however its clear there direction has hurt the brand as the games sales failed to live up to there previous games. FM on X1 competes with itself every couple of years. FM7 (1.29m) didn't sell amazing because FM6 was already out and FM6 (2.02m) didn't sell amazing because FM5 (2.4m) was out plus the incredible Simcade Horizon games also scratching that racing itch. Horizon 3 (3.74m) and Horizon 2 (1.46m). Add all those numbers together plus that's not including digital purchases either. On one platform you have racing games coming out the ear while on the other you really only have 1 in GTS.

End of the day the game released with little to no content and features, and the game was in development for many years so if PD want to compete with Turn 10 and others there studio needs to grow because they need to catch up to there rivals. This is where Turn 10 own the genre right now, because not only are they compatible of delivering the best reviewed car racers this gen, but they can deliver more games in general in shorter time.

GOWTLOZ said:
Azzanation said:

Umm games don't have to sell 10m+ to make another game irrelevant. The fact there are 5 other better car racing games on the market makes GTS a hard sell. GTS launched as a disaster so its sales were hit hard, not because of other games released at the time.

GTS still doesn't sound better than Forza 7, both games have gone in different directions with the sound. And id still prefer FM7s. Maybe that's just our preference on that.

You don't think Turn 10 is Industry leading? Well lets look at the bigger picture. FM7 is a better package than any other car racing game on the market, heck even FM5 is a better package than GTS and that was a launch X1 game 4 years ago, FM has received the best scores across the board this gen when it comes to car racing. For the past 4 years, a Forza title has taken home the best car RGOTY awards. Might as well argue with the awards and critics, not just me. 

Sales does not, and never leads to a quality product. There are a lot of avenues to sales. Drive Club went on to sell 2m+ units, and that company folded shortly after. PS4 also has double the user base and GTS was also sold at a very cheap launch price.

You talk up GTS for its HDR etc well than lets talk about FM7 running at a pure 4k on the X right with HDR? GTS does not look leaps and bounds better either, you would barely notice a difference in the graphics especially if you are running FM7 on the X. 

So tell me where does GTS hold the crown?

Best Simulator goes to PC2

Best Car Package goes to FM7

Everything you mention as positives about GTS has been done before or better in PC2 or FM7. GTS also has the worst crash damage on there car models. and the least amount of content and features. You know you have done something wrong when your game releases with less content than FM5 a 4 year old title.

Seems like you lack comprehension skills. Go read what I said about GT Sport leading in Vision GT cars, better physics than Forza 7, unique tracks, best HDR and Wide Colour visuals.

As for your "better package", GT 6 is a way better package than Forza 7. Its leading absolutely nowhere apart from critic scores, which are far less important than the things that really matter in a sim racer.

Forza Motorsport 7 is basically the poorest simulator of real world physics in the sim racing genre, behind GT Sport and far behind PC2, Assetto Corsa and RFactor. It doesn't have good business practices either, with paid DLCs and lootboxes for such a long period when the game is at its most relevant. Its behind GT Sport, Assetto Corsa Competizione and PC2 in graphics and sound. Its behind GT Sport and probably Assetto Corsa in sales.

Where is the industry leading part? Maybe in critical success, but its perception in the gaming media hardly makes for an industry leading game when its behind the competition in every other way that counts.

flashfire926 said:

First of all, GT6  had 350 premiums, not 450. 

Forza 7 lootboxes were never purchaseable by real money, so they werent making a single cent of it. Actually, the game doesnt have any microtransactions what so ever. So it's not possible for the crates to be bad business practices. Now c'mon, almost every single game has paid dlc (even project cars 2).

And Forza 7 is probably way ahead of assetto corsa in sales. You are overestimating Assetto Corsa sales. GT Sport is saved by the fact that Playstation rules Europe, or else Forza would've pulled even (or even taken over) a while ago.

Forza isn't supposed to be a full simulation, it's supposed to be welcome to new players. Same with GT Sport. Both are simcade games.

And that last part is blatantly false. Forza 6/7 are regarded as some of the best racing games of this generation in the media (probably only behind the Horizon games). GT Sport doesn't make a scratch on them.

GT6 had 450 if I'm not mistaken, with the updates, all of which were free.

Games might be doing paid DLCs but GT Sport doesn't. That makes its DLC more consumer friendly than Forza and PC2 DLCs.

You're right on Assetto Corsa, I though it would be higher since its got a populated community and has been available for a while.

Its a huge assumption that GT sells simply based on PlayStation's dominance in Europe, where I could say Forza Motorsport sells simply because its the only sim racer that can be decently played with  a controller on Xbox. See how that works? Its like you refuse to acknowledge that people just like GT more, and that's for a variety of reasons.

Sure both Forza and GT are entry sim racers but GT Sport has better physics than Forza 7, and that's even more apparent with a wheel.

I said the same, Forza 6 and 7 have good critical reception, but are behind the competition in the stuff that matters. Physics, sounds, visuals, online are far inferior in Forza. Any dude with an English degree can review a game, doesn't make their review worth crap.

Forza 7 is behind the competition in every damn way except car counts. That too, only when considering this gen, as last gen there was a sim racer with more cars and tracks, which while behind in visuals still stacks up superior to Forza 7 in physics. Its funny, when GT 6 had the edge in cars and tracks Forza fans were like car counts don't matter. Now its the opposite, suddenly they are all that matters. Hilarious.

DonFerrari said:

GTS will reach 5M, it may be unfair perhaps, but PC2+AC that sells less than 1M doesn't make another game go from 15 to 5.

So these other 5 games show that GTS is terrible but they don't sell? A customer thinks like... well I wanted to buy GTS but since FM7 is better I won't buy any of them? Same for PC and AC?

I can't even say you miss logic, because that would be saying you were at least trying.

If customers though any of those 5 games were better than GTS they would have bought them at least in some considerable numbers. Sure none would need to push 10M alone, but to have all of them together sell less than GTS and all combined still much lower than previous numbers certainly show that your explanation is lacking.

PC1 was very bad in simulation, I all about finished and was close to platinum when I got bored, and I know a lot of people got burned by it and didn't try PC2 (see the sales). AC sales are almost neglible. So nope, GT sales have much more to do with simulation genre losing sales and GT own decisions than supposely better games taking the space.

Yes yes yes,,, sure sure sure... all because of Europe. How much did Forza series sold previous gen when X360 had sales close to PS3 in Europe?

I don't think they'll get rid of their delusions. Ofc GT can't sell more than Forza because its better, no no no Forza just doesn't get the sales it deserves, my dear Forza :(

1) After doing a final check, GT6 had 3888 premium cars after dlc. So basically a negligible difference between it and for 3.

2) The game should be praised for launching devoid of content, and then dripfeeding us that content that should've been there launch. It was launched unfinished. This is Sea of Theives all over again, except now it's okay because it's Sony and gran turismo?

3) Yeah, Assetto can probably beat forza 7 over time, but only because a new forza game launches every year, cutting the legs of the last one significantly.

3) No, your example doesn't make sense when ps only has one-two good sims on its console as well. Also, it's not a assumption, stats show most GT sales for GT come from Europe. So it's obvious that ps being a huge in Europe is a primary factor for it doing so well. Infact, GT sport bombed in North America. It was 11th in its debut NPD, and has not been seen ever since. The price dipped to $20 not much after launch.

4) Why would you make this thread if the only answer you would take was "reviewers and mainstream media is stupid"? If you already know the answer yourself and are sure you won't change your mind, why make this thread? If your mindset is "GT could do no wrong" than why bother? 

5) No one said Forza 5 is fine. It was bashed by everyone, even Forza fans. And it's not just the cars and tracks, it's the campaign mode. GT quickly put one in, and it's decent for a knee jerk reaction, but it doesn't come close to Forza or past GT games. GT6 has many other flaws that put it behind the Forza games. GT physics might be better, but it's not like Forza physics are a slouch or something. Same goes for graphics.

6) and that's when you know you've lost the argument, when you start jabbing at the person instead of the opinion.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

If we give the ok to critics to re-review games than expect every game to release as Beta versions and preview games. Companies do it now but at a cost of hurting there reviews. Imagine if companies found out that reviewers will just review there games again after launch? Its not a good direction.

PS4 and XB1 owners only have 1 choice, and that's the games on there console they brought.

Since racing games haven't been a thing this gen on PS4 its no surprise GTS sold this much however its clear there direction has hurt the brand as the games sales failed to live up to there previous games. FM on X1 competes with itself every couple of years. FM7 (1.29m) didn't sell amazing because FM6 was already out and FM6 (2.02m) didn't sell amazing because FM5 (2.4m) was out plus the incredible Simcade Horizon games also scratching that racing itch. Horizon 3 (3.74m) and Horizon 2 (1.46m). Add all those numbers together plus that's not including digital purchases either. On one platform you have racing games coming out the ear while on the other you really only have 1 in GTS.

End of the day the game released with little to no content and features, and the game was in development for many years so if PD want to compete with Turn 10 and others there studio needs to grow because they need to catch up to there rivals. This is where Turn 10 own the genre right now, because not only are they compatible of delivering the best reviewed car racers this gen, but they can deliver more games in general in shorter time.

Seems to going very good to PUBG... how many betas at about full price have it sold on Xbox? Not that sales matter to MS on GAAS right?

How many times will you change your speech? Now racing haven't been a thing (now PC1, PC2 and AC doesn't exist?).

Let's see how much sales have Fifa 18 lost to 17, 16, 15 and 14? Will put for PS4 and X1 ok?

14 - 3.43 PS4 1.31 X1

15 - 6.31 PS4 2.18 X1

16 - 8.21 PS4 3.25 X1

17 - 10.93 PS4 3.71 X1

18 - 11.38 PS4 2.97 X1

The only version to sell less than a previous year is Fifa 18 for X1. So why a yearly franchise selling over 10M since 2016 version on both systems (and considering X360 and PS3, or PS2 and Xbox probably always selling more than 10M) doesn't see this drop "because consumers already bought previous version"? Also FH have been increasing each version... so the franchise fadigue isn't something "mandatory" as you try to excuse the drop.

And sorry Horizon being a simcade (not that I really think it would be one) wouldn't take simulation fans from either of both games, at most it would take arcade fans but those already had plenty of good arcade games on previous gen, and some of the NFS and the like would also be on the line of simcade (whatever someone use as metric to define as this).

Sure PD could use an increase in the studio, but your PD10 leading and owning the genre is very funny definition when they are failing to sell 2M on the genre they own.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network
flashfire926 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Seems like you lack comprehension skills. Go read what I said about GT Sport leading in Vision GT cars, better physics than Forza 7, unique tracks, best HDR and Wide Colour visuals.

As for your "better package", GT 6 is a way better package than Forza 7. Its leading absolutely nowhere apart from critic scores, which are far less important than the things that really matter in a sim racer.

Forza Motorsport 7 is basically the poorest simulator of real world physics in the sim racing genre, behind GT Sport and far behind PC2, Assetto Corsa and RFactor. It doesn't have good business practices either, with paid DLCs and lootboxes for such a long period when the game is at its most relevant. Its behind GT Sport, Assetto Corsa Competizione and PC2 in graphics and sound. Its behind GT Sport and probably Assetto Corsa in sales.

Where is the industry leading part? Maybe in critical success, but its perception in the gaming media hardly makes for an industry leading game when its behind the competition in every other way that counts.

Games might be doing paid DLCs but GT Sport doesn't. That makes its DLC more consumer friendly than Forza and PC2 DLCs.

You're right on Assetto Corsa, I though it would be higher since its got a populated community and has been available for a while.

Its a huge assumption that GT sells simply based on PlayStation's dominance in Europe, where I could say Forza Motorsport sells simply because its the only sim racer that can be decently played with  a controller on Xbox. See how that works? Its like you refuse to acknowledge that people just like GT more, and that's for a variety of reasons.

Sure both Forza and GT are entry sim racers but GT Sport has better physics than Forza 7, and that's even more apparent with a wheel.

I said the same, Forza 6 and 7 have good critical reception, but are behind the competition in the stuff that matters. Physics, sounds, visuals, online are far inferior in Forza. Any dude with an English degree can review a game, doesn't make their review worth crap.

Forza 7 is behind the competition in every damn way except car counts. That too, only when considering this gen, as last gen there was a sim racer with more cars and tracks, which while behind in visuals still stacks up superior to Forza 7 in physics. Its funny, when GT 6 had the edge in cars and tracks Forza fans were like car counts don't matter. Now its the opposite, suddenly they are all that matters. Hilarious.

I don't think they'll get rid of their delusions. Ofc GT can't sell more than Forza because its better, no no no Forza just doesn't get the sales it deserves, my dear Forza :(

1) After doing a final check, GT6 had 3888 premium cars after dlc. So basically a negligible difference between it and for 3.

2) The game should be praised for launching devoid of content, and then dripfeeding us that content that should've been there launch. It was launched unfinished. This is Sea of Theives all over again, except now it's okay because it's Sony and gran turismo?

3) Yeah, Assetto can probably beat forza 7 over time, but only because a new forza game launches every year, cutting the legs of the last one significantly.

3) No, your example doesn't make sense when ps only has one-two good sims on its console as well. Also, it's not a assumption, stats show most GT sales for GT come from Europe. So it's obvious that ps being a huge in Europe is a primary factor for it doing so well. Infact, GT sport bombed in North America. It was 11th in its debut NPD, and has not been seen ever since. The price dipped to $20 not much after launch.

4) Why would you make this thread if the only answer you would take was "reviewers and mainstream media is stupid"? If you already know the answer yourself and are sure you won't change your mind, why make this thread? If your mindset is "GT could do no wrong" than why bother? 

5) No one said Forza 5 is fine. It was bashed by everyone, even Forza fans. And it's not just the cars and tracks, it's the campaign mode. GT quickly put one in, and it's decent for a knee jerk reaction, but it doesn't come close to Forza or past GT games. GT6 has many other flaws that put it behind the Forza games. GT physics might be better, but it's not like Forza physics are a slouch or something. Same goes for graphics.

6) and that's when you know you've lost the argument, when you start jabbing at the person instead of the opinion.

2) I shall ask the reverse... I smell that some people here criticizing GT for adding more to a initial lighter release where defending SoT because it's GAAS. I certainly understand why PD have done, but it doesn't please me even if in the end there were enough content to make me happy even having paid full price.

3) Already proved to you this point, want to go back to it? Forza in X360 sold much much worse than GT5 and even GT6, while not being very far in sales from PS3 in Europe. Won't deny that Europe is the major market, but again attach ratio is so small that saying the difference is because there isn't enough X1 in Europe isn't true.

5) For me a simulator is all about physics, and the graphics of GT is the ice on the cake. Neither have real close to life car sound and professional drive is done with pristine cars, any damage make you either forfeit or pit so demanding collision and damage is almost pointless and can even make game worse. I can understand some like the option to put decals, change rim and other cosmetic Forza offers, but the core on GT is better than Forza. The down point this version besides quantity of cars and lack of career (although it had plenty time for SP game) is the lack of tunning, but that is understandable because of the e-sport focus (even if I think a good pilot also knows how to set his car, but e-sport is much about everyone having leveled playing field).

DonFerrari said:
flashfire926 said:

2) I shall ask the reverse... I smell that some people here criticizing GT for adding more to a initial lighter release where defending SoT because it's GAAS. I certainly understand why PD have done, but it doesn't please me even if in the end there were enough content to make me happy even having paid full price.

3) Already proved to you this point, want to go back to it? Forza in X360 sold much much worse than GT5 and even GT6, while not being very far in sales from PS3 in Europe. Won't deny that Europe is the major market, but again attach ratio is so small that saying the difference is because there isn't enough X1 in Europe isn't true.

5) For me a simulator is all about physics, and the graphics of GT is the ice on the cake. Neither have real close to life car sound and professional drive is done with pristine cars, any damage make you either forfeit or pit so demanding collision and damage is almost pointless and can even make game worse. I can understand some like the option to put decals, change rim and other cosmetic Forza offers, but the core on GT is better than Forza. The down point this version besides quantity of cars and lack of career (although it had plenty time for SP game) is the lack of tunning, but that is understandable because of the e-sport focus (even if I think a good pilot also knows how to set his car, but e-sport is much about everyone having leveled playing field).

2) Fair. Both games should be criticized for it.

3) As I've stated before, I'm talking about this gen, not last gen. GT Sport didn't do nearly as well in NA as past GT games, and its dependent in Europe more now than ever. And c'mon, you have to admit that there being more than twice the number of PS4's compared to X1's has a huge hand in this. Even if the attach ratio remained the same, Forza would roughly be on par if not a bit ahead if X1 had sold as much as PS4.

5) What does "core" even mean? 

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

flashfire926 said:
DonFerrari said:

2) Fair. Both games should be criticized for it.

3) As I've stated before, I'm talking about this gen, not last gen. GT Sport didn't do nearly as well in NA as past GT games, and its dependent in Europe more now than ever. And c'mon, you have to admit that there being more than twice the number of PS4's compared to X1's has a huge hand in this. Even if the attach ratio remained the same, Forza would roughly be on par if not a bit ahead if X1 had sold as much as PS4.

5) What does "core" even mean? 

2) Yep, considering the full spectrum of people interested in both games, sure the content may not be enough for all, so criticism in this point is valid.

3) Nope, FM never sold more than GT to have this if scenario as a certainty. Also we can look at the Multiplat thread on VGC that shows very easily games that sold better on Switch than PS4 even with 4x1 disadvantage. It have much more to do with the preferences of the userbase than the size when we are talking 1-2M sales. Sure I can conced that IF X1 and PS4 were tied on Europe the difference in sales would be smaller, but considering FM5 sold more than FM7 and the userbase difference here is even bigger than PS4 being 2.5x1 WW and more in Europe... FM5 sold 2.4M without any previous userbase (launch title), FM6 sold 2.02M on a 14.4M WW 3.9M EU, FM7 1.29M on 31M WW 8.4M EU.

How did the increase in the userbase (doubled) resulted in a reduction of 40% in sales?

The point is exactly that attach ratios doesn't stay the same. They usually get smaller as the HW sales increase. Very few games have it stable or can be said to not sell more because of the userbase size.

5) Core mean exactly what is supposed to. The core of a simulation game is simulating, and that is where GTS still beats FM every single launch. Eye candy is my personal plus. The rest is cosmetic.

Azzanation said:
LudicrousSpeed said:
That last line above me is funny considering the thread and who made it.

I also find it funny. I just dont understand how some people wont accept that a high profile game recieved bad reviews and will stick up for it no matter what and demand justice and full on investigations as to why.. even though this gen has been very stricked on games lacking the basics. Than calling other people out when majority even say FM5 received the similar criticism and agree with all of it.

But no.. can't do that to a PS game especially GT, its a 10/10 RGOTY. It is superior to everything on the market because.. because of sales.

I really dont know anymore. I just scratch my head confused.

GT Sport already has more content than Forza 5. But in terms of gameplay, its ahead of any Forza game, even 7. The physics, sounds and visuals are far, far ahead of Forza 5. There are also Vision GT cars that are insightful to the future of the automotive industry and to some of the wildest imaginations of car manufacturers. Casuals may not notice but the hardcore do.

Not to mention the online penalty systems, sportsmanship ratings and driver ratings that allow for competitive and fair matches without whack ass rammers ruining the game for everybody. Its a big deal, but of course you need to play the game to know that ;)

Forza is perpetually filled with rammers, rarely have I found myself in a race without rammers ruining the fun. That goes for the PC version of Forza 7 and I would assume it does for Forza 5 because that game didn't have anything like the same. So yes, GT Sport deserves monumentally more praise than Forza 5.

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

I also find it funny. I just dont understand how some people wont accept that a high profile game recieved bad reviews and will stick up for it no matter what and demand justice and full on investigations as to why.. even though this gen has been very stricked on games lacking the basics. Than calling other people out when majority even say FM5 received the similar criticism and agree with all of it.

But no.. can't do that to a PS game especially GT, its a 10/10 RGOTY. It is superior to everything on the market because.. because of sales.

I'll try to help you once again.

People who stick with GT "no matter what" is because they still like to play the game on its current release, simple as that. And their demand for better reviews is that it have one that reflects what the game propose to do and in it the game excels, instead of what the reviewer would like the game to be.

Amen, brother.

flashfire926 said:
GOWTLOZ said:

1) You sure it 3888 ;)

Jk I get your point, its almost as big as Forza 3 by itself. Standard cars are still playable though, and some of them have quite good looking exteriors in GT 6 factoring in those race cars which had standard models.

2) Not the same thing. Sea of Thieves lacks a compelling gameplay loop, just a few mission designs and one fucking enemy on land at release. On the contrary even you'll not be able to get all the cars in GT Sport in a year of playing while they keep adding more. It also has a far more compelling gameplay loop, owing to the addictive gameplay of sim racers in general and the way better multiplayer and the lack of any gameplay variety in Sea of Thieves.

3) GT was always way bigger in Europe than in North America. You do realise that Forza 7 flopped in North America? Its at just half a million on Xbox One at retail, how is that a big number whatsover? This point of yours works against you, looks like Forza isn't big anywhere. Atleast GT is big in Europe. Btw GT Sport has still sold nearly as much as Forza 7 in NA, so should I say NA has a Forza bias by your logic.

4) Here you are obviously overlooking everything I pointed out. The physics, the sounds, the visuals, the online modes, everything is lacking in Forza 7 compared to not just GT Sport but also PC2. Its the weakest sim racer of 2017, and apart from some glowing reviews and a good campaign it has nothing else going for it in the departments that really matter, which I REPEAT are - PHYSICS, SOUNDS, VISUALS and ONLINE.

5) GT 6 is a flawed game sure but if you care just about the content which is your major point on why GT Sport is worse than Forza 7, then you should love GT 6 by that factor ;)

I'll say this, I love GT 6, and its flawed but that's because its incredibly ambitious for a PS3 game. Its physics are far above any other game last gen, the graphics can be mind blowing at times, there is a fucking track visualiser, some fucking lunar missions, introduced Vision GT which is by far the coolest feature in sim racing games in a while, had dynamic weather and day night cycles, 70+ track layouts and the crazy ass Red Bulls all in a fucking PS3 game.

Also Circuito de la Sierra track is my favourite fictional track in a game. Its 27 km long! And its a damn good track.

6) I said that because I couldn't stand you and Azzanation completely overlooking the stuff I have repeatedly said in point 4) and its irritating when someone skips over your main points in an argument and just assumes things like me calling the media stupid. I never said that so don't put words in my mouth.

GOWTLOZ said:
Azzanation said:

GT Sport already has more content than Forza 5. But in terms of gameplay, its ahead of any Forza game, even 7. The physics, sounds and visuals are far, far ahead of Forza 5. There are also Vision GT cars that are insightful to the future of the automotive industry and to some of the wildest imaginations of car manufacturers. Casuals may not notice but the hardcore do.

Not to mention the online penalty systems, sportsmanship ratings and driver ratings that allow for competitive and fair matches without whack ass rammers ruining the game for everybody. Its a big deal, but of course you need to play the game to know that ;)

Forza is perpetually filled with rammers, rarely have I found myself in a race without rammers ruining the fun. That goes for the PC version of Forza 7 and I would assume it does for Forza 5 because that game didn't have anything like the same. So yes, GT Sport deserves monumentally more praise than Forza 5.

DonFerrari said:

I'll try to help you once again.

People who stick with GT "no matter what" is because they still like to play the game on its current release, simple as that. And their demand for better reviews is that it have one that reflects what the game propose to do and in it the game excels, instead of what the reviewer would like the game to be.

Amen, brother.

flashfire926 said:

1) You sure it 3888 ;)

Jk I get your point, its almost as big as Forza 3 by itself. Standard cars are still playable though, and some of them have quite good looking exteriors in GT 6 factoring in those race cars which had standard models.

2) Not the same thing. Sea of Thieves lacks a compelling gameplay loop, just a few mission designs and one fucking enemy on land at release. On the contrary even you'll not be able to get all the cars in GT Sport in a year of playing while they keep adding more. It also has a far more compelling gameplay loop, owing to the addictive gameplay of sim racers in general and the way better multiplayer and the lack of any gameplay variety in Sea of Thieves.

3) GT was always way bigger in Europe than in North America. You do realise that Forza 7 flopped in North America? Its at just half a million on Xbox One at retail, how is that a big number whatsover? This point of yours works against you, looks like Forza isn't big anywhere. Atleast GT is big in Europe. Btw GT Sport has still sold nearly as much as Forza 7 in NA, so should I say NA has a Forza bias by your logic.

4) Here you are obviously overlooking everything I pointed out. The physics, the sounds, the visuals, the online modes, everything is lacking in Forza 7 compared to not just GT Sport but also PC2. Its the weakest sim racer of 2017, and apart from some glowing reviews and a good campaign it has nothing else going for it in the departments that really matter, which I REPEAT are - PHYSICS, SOUNDS, VISUALS and ONLINE.

5) GT 6 is a flawed game sure but if you care just about the content which is your major point on why GT Sport is worse than Forza 7, then you should love GT 6 by that factor ;)

I'll say this, I love GT 6, and its flawed but that's because its incredibly ambitious for a PS3 game. Its physics are far above any other game last gen, the graphics can be mind blowing at times, there is a fucking track visualiser, some fucking lunar missions, introduced Vision GT which is by far the coolest feature in sim racing games in a while, had dynamic weather and day night cycles, 70+ track layouts and the crazy ass Red Bulls all in a fucking PS3 game.

Also Circuito de la Sierra track is my favourite fictional track in a game. Its 27 km long! And its a damn good track.

6) I said that because I couldn't stand you and Azzanation completely overlooking the stuff I have repeatedly said in point 4) and its irritating when someone skips over your main points in an argument and just assumes things like me calling the media stupid. I never said that so don't put words in my mouth.

6) owww I had plenty discussions like this, and when you list 10 points and the person realizes he lost all he will invent a new point and loop back.